• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

General Injury Discussion

Mays-Fan

Unhyphenated-American
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,936.29
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Austin Jackson has just 4 plate appearances since May 22nd and hasn't played the field in that span. Wonder if he's injured. His spot could be really useful to Austin Slater.

I don't want to hear the lack of a backup CF excuse because Jackson hasn't played there in nearly 2 weeks and Blanco hadn't played CF since May 16th. Slater can back up CF in a pinch and it probably wouldn't be much worse than Jackson.
On the ESPN broadcast of the game last night, they had a reasonably cool trivia question:

Who is the only MLB player to have state capitols as both his first and last name?

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
On the ESPN broadcast of the game last night, they had a reasonably cool trivia question:

Who is the only MLB player to have state capitols as both his first and last name?

I have a better one. My wife's 3 main cousins are named Madison, Austin, and Jackson. So when Bum pitched to him in the 2012 World Series it was kind of a family affair.

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

So all the capitols that are not unreasonable names:

Madison
Austin
Jackson
Montgomery
Augusta
Olympia
Helena
Pierre
St. Paul
Lincoln

And of course, Little Rock (Dwayne Johnson's kid)

Yes I'm bored.

LHG

Former Californian. Hesitant Tennessean.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
From Rotoballer:
The San Francisco Giants are currently down a pair of starting pitchers in Johnny Cueto (elbow) and Jeff Samardzija (shoulder), but they could be back before we know it as both pitchers are slated to throw bullpen sessions this Friday. Cueto has been out since April 28 and is 3-0 on the season with a 0.84 ERA in 32 innings of work. Samardzija was placed on the 10-day disabled list on May 30 but has bounced back well since the placement.

LHG

Former Californian. Hesitant Tennessean.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Belt is ready in 4 days like Schulman suggests, whose roster spot does he take? I don't see any position player getting bumped, so it comes down to probably either Blach, Gearrin, Rodriguez, Stratton or Suarez. With Cueto and Samardzija a little ways off, I don't see any of the three starting pitchers being bumped, so does the FO send down the guy who seems to be showing some promise as the long man or the veteran there for groundball double plays with inherited runners (oops, that was a fly ball hit into the gap, bringing them both home. I'm sure he'll get a ground ball next time.)?

tzill

Lefty 99
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,064.42
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Belt is ready in 4 days like Schulman suggests, whose roster spot does he take? I don't see any position player getting bumped, so it comes down to probably either Blach, Gearrin, Rodriguez, Stratton or Suarez. With Cueto and Samardzija a little ways off, I don't see any of the three starting pitchers being bumped, so does the FO send down the guy who seems to be showing some promise as the long man or the veteran there for groundball double plays with inherited runners (oops, that was a fly ball hit into the gap, bringing them both home. I'm sure he'll get a ground ball next time.)?

My guess is that:

1. Belt back; Gearrin DFAd
2. Shark back; DRod sent down
3. Cueto back; Suarez sent down.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My guess is that:

1. Belt back; Gearrin DFAd
2. Shark back; DRod sent down
3. Cueto back; Suarez sent down.
I think the dominos are getting placed in the right places for Gearrin to be booted. I am still not confident it will happen, but I am more confident now than I was just a few weeks ago.

I think it is way too early to post predictions for Sammy and Cueto. Too many variables right now.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You gotta think Strick has burned just about every bridge with this org at this point, right?

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
3rd pinky injury of the season.

Seriously. This is ridiculous.

Two hours from anywhere one actually wants to be
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In.Credible.

Nice going, Strick! Blow the game. Break your finger. Hurt the team. Well done!

maxresdefault.jpg

Two hours from anywhere one actually wants to be
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How does one punch a door and break a pinky? With his control last night, he must have missed the door with his fist and caught the pinkie on the door. Doh!

I suppose one could "punch" a door by cocking the elbow and then hitting the door like a hammer, pinkie first. But that's not a punch, is it? :noidea: