• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

General Injury Discussion

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Beede's demotion opens the way for Melancon on the active roster and Tomlinson will most likely get optioned to make room for Panik. Making room for Hanson and Pence are going to be harder. I could see Suarez optioned (which I hope they don't) because Bumgarner will be back soon. Maybe Rodriguez or Johnson get sent down instead. Even if one of those three pitchers get sent down, there is still one more spot to open if all four get activated. I really think Blanco could be gone soon. That would allow for Melancon to be activated from the 60 day. Then, the Giants have to figure out another dfa candidate (most likely Law or Osich, maybe even Jones or M Gomez) for Bumgarner's return on Tuesday. A lot of roster action is coming up!
I think Melancon replaces Blanco.
Pence replaces Beede
Hanson replaces Tomlinson
Panik replaces Phalic (DL??)
Bum replaces Stratton (Law DFA)

All WAGs, of course.

1phlapdown

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Man o man. How cool would it be to see Herk as an effective hitter???

LHG

Former Californian. Hesitant Tennessean.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Melancon replaces Blanco.
Pence replaces Beede
Hanson replaces Tomlinson
Panik replaces Phalic (DL??)
Bum replaces Stratton (Law DFA)

All WAGs, of course.
Is Dereck Rodriguez going to the DL a real possibility or do you think the Giants will take advantage of his injury, even though the x-ray came back negative?

As for Stratton, I don't think he goes down. Blach has been the worst of the non-Samardzija starters but has been a lot more lucky in escaping the jams he creates. I think that the team would feel that they are playing with fire more with him than any of the other guys. Plus, the fact that he came into relieve the other day shows that this is a very real possibility. I think the rotation will look something like this when Madison is activated: Bumgarner, Holland, Stratton, Suarez, Blach and then Blach goes to the pen when Samardzija comes back, which the talk is 10 days, but we'll see.

LHG

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bumgarner put up some impressive numbers tonight in his rehab game with SJ. He struck out 7 and only put on two baserunners (one on a solo home run) in 4.2 innings. Not sure why he was pulled before completing the 5th inning. I hope that it was just because he was on a strict pitch count.

Panik and Hanson are having a good night too. Panik is 2 for 3 with a double and Hanson is 1 for 3 with a home run so far.

1phlapdown

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sammy back in 10 days? Wtf, he already gets 5days off a week.

LHG

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sammy back in 10 days? Wtf, he already gets 5days off a week.
The way he's pitched, he's had the whole season off. But yeah, from what I've read, the discussion has been that Samardzija will only skip one start. Because, you know, he's been so valuable to this rotation. Never mind that he's stuck out like a sore thumb on a horrid rotation. Let's rush him back to make sure he isn't fully recovered from the injury that is making him so ineffective.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The way he's pitched, he's had the whole season off. But yeah, from what I've read, the discussion has been that Samardzija will only skip one start. Because, you know, he's been so valuable to this rotation. Never mind that he's stuck out like a sore thumb on a horrid rotation. Let's rush him back to make sure he isn't fully recovered from the injury that is making him so ineffective.
I would like to see him get at least 1 rehab start before he comes back. Even send Gresch down to watch.

SFGRTB

Superstitious Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

For an injury that has lingered for him seemingly since late March, I have a hard time believing he'll feel better in 10 days.

LHG

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Giants activate second baseman Joe Panik, announce Hunter Pence plans

Only move announced so far is Tomlinson to San Jose (!) and Panik activated.

Moves coming for Melancon and Pence.

Hanson won't be activated until sometime next week.

Apparently, Jackson may be the guy who goes down with an "injury".

And Panda taking reps at short? What?!?!?

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seriously, it's kind of bad luck Belt has never played a whole year. Will he ever?
And none of his “injuries” are his doing, or indicative of him having a glass jaw. They are all just weird occurrences.

SFGRTB

Superstitious Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Austin Jackson has just 4 plate appearances since May 22nd and hasn't played the field in that span. Wonder if he's injured. His spot could be really useful to Austin Slater.

I don't want to hear the lack of a backup CF excuse because Jackson hasn't played there in nearly 2 weeks and Blanco hadn't played CF since May 16th. Slater can back up CF in a pinch and it probably wouldn't be much worse than Jackson.

LHG

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Austin Jackson has just 4 plate appearances since May 22nd and hasn't played the field in that span. Wonder if he's injured. His spot could be really useful to Austin Slater.

I don't want to hear the lack of a backup CF excuse because Jackson hasn't played there in nearly 2 weeks and Blanco hadn't played CF since May 16th. Slater can back up CF in a pinch and it probably wouldn't be much worse than Jackson.
But it will be an excuse and I think that Blanco is more likely to return to the roster than Slater.