• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

GDT - Detroit at San Jose - Nov 30, 7:30PM

Cmon_WTF

Is that...cabbage?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Tough game for the kids to be thrown in. I say keep playing the kids and let them learn. Let's see if we have anything here. I think this should be a hold 'em year and play the cards you have even if you know they're going to lose. The Sharks aren't one player away from winning the Stanley Cup, they are multiple players away from winning the Stanley Cup. Let's let this year ride (unless a trade for a player like Shea Weber or Brent Seabrook comes along) and play for next year when Detroit may lose Lidstrom and the Sharks will lose contracts like Wallin and Huskins.

Just my humble opinion.

This is the approach I'd like to see Wilson take for this season. If he does make a move for a dman make sure it's a young guy who's still under contract or still qualifies for RFA after this season.

MrChangoT97

Dr. Pepper is the bomb
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey everybody, just got home from the Tank. I'm not mad about the out-come, but geez this team is not a play-off team. If the Sharks continue to play rookies, that don't belong with the big club, then its going to be a long season. I sure hope TMac and Doug sit down together and figure something out to get this team on the right track.

rares

Winning. Duh!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Detroit is good. San Jose's defense is bad. I would be drunk if I didn't have to work tomorrow.

The one thing Detroit does like no other team is when they have a team down they really know how to pour it on. Man I wish the Sharks had that kind of killer instinct.

The Sharks *did* pour it on that one game last season (or was it 2 seasons ago?) when they beat Detroit by a 6-2 score or whatever it was...

But yeah, them Wings were hurt badly at the time and the Sharks were actually a decent team, unlike these days...

SJVP408

Shark Attack!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lol, wtf was Mike Moore doing there? Poor kids are getting owned. Talk about baptism by fire here with Detroit though.

I was saying that all night from my seat. The Wings absolutely owned both of the Sharks youngsters Braun and Moore. Braun was like a deer in the headlights all night chasing the puck around and around in his own zone constantly behind the play. Everything from the Wings seemed methodical from their dump ins to their cycling. Maybe the energy that the Sharks had against the Hawks, the Wings had against the Sharks (avenge playoff loss).

I didn't get the Thornton/Clowe/Heater line early in the game. Clowe and Thornton should never be linemates. They both like to hold on to the puck and I don't think you can have two players like that on the same line. Ah well, off to the roadtrip for the Sharks.

MrFlyingV

Flying V God
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
From my seats in 202, it appeared the game was in slow motion from the very start. Sharks were tentative even though they outshot Detroit early by a 15-4, they were still down 2-1. From then on all Detroit. Sharks D were definitely owned, even guys like Boyle who seemed off too and was easy outmuscled on many plays. And where was the physical play and hitting? I saw none. Why couldn't they hit like they did in the Chicago game? I agree it is a hold 'em year also. Thought that before the season started this was going to be the worst Sharks team since the final Sutter year and it is. Weak defense, inconsistent secondary scoring and goaltending making it for what it is: an average hockey team. Also, I can understand rookies having a learning process and making mistakes, but what I don't accept is the likes of Seto, Vlasic, and Niemi who have/had potential and are living it down. Those 3 have really killed the team IMO. I saw the Cheechoo special too. Kind of sad. Bring the guy up. WTF make the fans happy in a lost season. His production can't be worse than Mayers, McCarthy, Mitchell, Seto, and any other stiff that can't score consistently on this team.

filosofy29

Back
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
From my seats in 202, it appeared the game was in slow motion from the very start. Sharks were tentative even though they outshot Detroit early by a 15-4, they were still down 2-1. From then on all Detroit. Sharks D were definitely owned, even guys like Boyle who seemed off too and was easy outmuscled on many plays. And where was the physical play and hitting? I saw none. Why couldn't they hit like they did in the Chicago game? I agree it is a hold 'em year also. Thought that before the season started this was going to be the worst Sharks team since the final Sutter year and it is. Weak defense, inconsistent secondary scoring and goaltending making it for what it is: an average hockey team. Also, I can understand rookies having a learning process and making mistakes, but what I don't accept is the likes of Seto, Vlasic, and Niemi who have/had potential and are living it down. Those 3 have really killed the team IMO. I saw the Cheechoo special too. Kind of sad. Bring the guy up. WTF make the fans happy in a lost season. His production can't be worse than Mayers, McCarthy, Mitchell, Seto, and any other stiff that can't score consistently on this team.

I agree, I don't see the harm in bringing up Cheechoo unless he's not on our contract list (and we'd have to cut somebody else).

Also, was your father-in-law happy MFV?

On a side note, stupid Red Wings....."oh we're all good at hockey and the Sharks aren't.....oh oh oh".....

MrFlyingV

Flying V God
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, my father-in-law enjoyed the game and just being there seeing hockey live again. Last time I took him was Sharks-Rangers 2 years ago. He just wanted to see good hockey and got to see some hi-light goals for the Wings. But he wasn't rooting for the Wings specifically. He was up and clapping when the Sharks scored their goals I think more than the Wings. Just got into the excitement of it all.