• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

GDT 10/28 World SERIOUS Game 4

tzill

Lefty 99
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,064.42
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Might have been enough as we were still competitive without Buster. But we had no Belt, Hector, Melky, Pagan, Scutaro, Zito still sucked, etc...

And of course if Buster doesn't go down and we did win 2011, the 2012 team wouldn't look the same...you're changing history here!!

The only offensive bright spot that year was Panda. Nate was OK, and Beltranny as well. Other than that, suckisitude. If Buster puts up even 4.0 WAR that year we make the playoffs.

Timmy, Cain, Tron, and Bum all had excellent years. So did Romo. KCya and Hamburgler were pretty nails as well.

I roll the dice with that team vs. the Turdinals in the playoffs. Only Carp and Lohse were solid for them, and Salas out of the bullpen. We had 7 stud pitchers, they had three. Good pitching shuts down good hitting.

SFAnthem

Brain dead Hacker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Might have been enough as we were still competitive without Buster. But we had no Belt, Hector, Melky, Pagan, Scutaro, Zito still sucked, etc...

And of course if Buster doesn't go down and we did win 2011, the 2012 team wouldn't look the same...you're changing history here!!

The only offensive bright spot that year was Panda. Nate was OK, and Beltranny as well. Other than that, suckisitude. If Buster puts up even 4.0 WAR that year we make the playoffs.

Timmy, Cain, Tron, and Bum all had excellent years. So did Romo. KCya and Hamburgler were pretty nails as well.

I roll the dice with that team vs. the Turdinals in the playoffs. Only Carp and Lohse were solid for them, and Salas out of the bullpen. We had 7 stud pitchers, they had three. Good pitching shuts down good hitting.

So frustrating as the 2011 pitching was world championship worthy

I would bank on the Giants making a run in 2011 with Posey and that parallel universe 2012. While the supplemental pieces may change, Sabes and Bochy have proven they are resourceful enough to find pieces and maximize their worth to contend.

But MSG has a good point. It took painful lessons of 2011 (Tejada, Rowand, Huff, etc. even Ross) as a motivator to remake the team speed and defense that was vital to 2012.

tzill

Lefty 99
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,064.42
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So frustrating as the 2011 pitching was world championship worthy

I would bank on the Giants making a run in 2011 with Posey and that parallel universe 2012. While the supplemental pieces may change, Sabes and Bochy have proven they are resourceful enough to find pieces and maximize their worth to contend.

But MSG has a good point. It took painful lessons of 2011 (Tejada, Rowand, Huff, etc. even Ross) as a motivator to remake the team speed and defense that was vital to 2012.

Indeed. And the great thing is that we have speed and defense in our top prospects (Brown, Panik, Peggs, Adrianza). Our org philosophy is clear: speed and defense for position players, and power arms for the pitching. I think we're set up for a decade of competing. We're going to rue the Wheeler trade, but it was a necessary one at the time. Other than that, SabeySabes has done a good job of holding onto our top prospect talent. ToJo may be a nice mlb player, but we are loaded at that position with MVP, Chez3, and the Susser.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yea, with 20/20 hindsight glasses on, the Wheeler trade was bad. But at the time (and I believe we all agree with this) it was an aggressive, needed deal.

Every deal cannot be Culberson for Scutaro.

gp956

The Hammer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Yea, with 20/20 hindsight glasses on, the Wheeler trade was bad. But at the time (and I believe we all agree with this) it was an aggressive, needed deal.

Honestly, I don't miss Wheeler, but I reserve the right to rant at Sabean for being an idiot GM if Wheeler turns into a big deal. :heh:

me in 2011

tzill

Lefty 99
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,064.42
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Or Stewy for Kontos....

Or ToJo for Twitchy...

MarcoPolo

Huge member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seriously, I can't believe that just a few days after winning it all people are talking about what wouldn't have gone right in 2011.

Can't you people EVER just be happy?!!?

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seriously, I can't believe that just a few days after winning it all people are talking about what wouldn't have gone right in 2011.

Seriously?

Seriously?

We are talking about how awesome this org is and if one scrub had not blown up our season, we COULD be celebrating a three-peat.

How do see that as complaining?

Marco, I love ya, brotha, but sometimes you really gotta loosen the tie a bit...

SFAnthem

Brain dead Hacker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

yeah, we're good and soaking up all the recent Giants good fortunes.

In 2009, one ring was many fan's dying wish..that we're discussing that a three-peat for the Giants was a possibility is just a testament to how great these past three years has been.

Growing up a fan, my "all I want list" has been expanded and satisfied by this group.

I remember when all I wanted was for the Giants to:
Win a ring
Have a rookie of the year
Have a pitcher win the Cy Young
Not embarrass themselves at the all star game

It all centered around the idea that the Giants used to be the punchline to a bad baseball joke and now have what they deserve, respect.

btw, having a great history only really matters when you're doing something now.

SFAnthem

Brain dead Hacker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I was ok and still carry no regrets towards the Beltran trade (2 rings help that immensely)

They paid full market value, imo, which was expensive but I'm glad they're a team that goes for championships rather than be the group of 20 teams that say "there's always next year.."

iHATEdodgers

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey guys. We still WORLD MUTHAFUCKIN CHAMPIONS!!?

SFAnthem

Brain dead Hacker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Suh-weet!

With the holidays around he corner, I'm running into more of my extended family, all longtime Giants fans. When talking about their favorite moments, I get to re-live the championship run all over again.

Current favorite moment: Posey's slam hitting the Latos sign in left, after the catcher pouts.

Interesting topic of discussion: if Cueto stayed in NLDS game 1, I think the against get to him and still take the series.

MrChangoT97

Dr. Pepper is the bomb
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Have all world series games on my DVR and it never gets old no matter how many times I see it. I heard on Nov 30th the SF Giants DVD that shows how everything came together to make a champion will hit the shelves.

Giants still Champs!
Dodgers still suck!

Hambombs

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
enjoy your world series for now. cause rangers are gonna win one soon :)

tzill

Lefty 99
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,064.42
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
enjoy your world series for now. cause rangers are gonna win one soon :)

Yeah, because the Rangers do soooo well in the World Series....

Hey, wait...:embarassed:

Hambombs

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Geez, I don't know. Maybe Eli Whiteside is the key to winning World Series this decade.

Yep. Maybe we can use the technique the giants use to win world series. Invest in Medicore Offensive players and still win championships haha. Maybe hes the key...

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep. Maybe we can use the technique the giants use to win world series. Invest in Medicore Offensive players and still win championships haha. Maybe hes the key...

Yea.

Mediocre offensive players is the reason we have won two World Series' in three years while other teams in the league have lost two in the same time period.

tzill

Lefty 99
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,064.42
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Just curious: do you actively work hard to be a dolt, or does it come naturally?