• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Garrett press conference embarrassing.

tylerTX88

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not talking about Lucky Whitehead. What a joke. Gonna be an interesting season.

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why talk about Lucky? What good does he get from it? Especially considering the whole wrong ID thing.
Now I didn't see the PC, and you may have orher legit gripea, but I don't see the need to address the Lucky issue.

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes, let's talk about the 7th string wide receiver we cut instead of focusing on winning a Super Bowl.

tomodach10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why talk about Lucky? What good does he get from it? Especially considering the whole wrong ID thing.
Now I didn't see the PC, and you may have orher legit gripea, but I don't see the need to address the Lucky issue.
Yea I would kind of stay away from the Lucky topic if I were him LOL

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm thinking the Cowboys have plenty of reasons to cut Lucky, and I'm not sure it's all that much related to the shop lifting incident, nor Switcher being on this team now.

Think about it....who takes a dog and holds it for ransom unless it's someone you know and owe them money.

Much more to this story IMO

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm thinking the Cowboys have plenty of reasons to cut Lucky, and I'm not sure it's all that much related to the shop lifting incident, nor Switcher being on this team now.

Think about it....who takes a dog and holds it for ransom unless it's someone you know and owe them money.

Much more to this story IMO
:agree: Switzer is a lock to make the team, Whitehead will actually have a better chance to make a roster somewhere by being cut now

es4m11

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Garrett handled the question(s) regarding Lucky as best he could given the circumstances. I have no problem with the way he answered the question, or some variation of it, 7 or 8 times. I thought he was fairly patient about it all.

Lucky was not making this team, he was pegged to get cut the day after the draft ended. Whether he was innocent this time around doesn't matter a whole lot to me, Lucky is too often a distraction of some sort. He doesn't contribute enough to put up with it all, plain and simple.

ArlingtonCowboys100

Goodell is a polesmoker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Whitehead never impressed me much. I can see why they are not talking. If anyone is to blame it's the media. I am glad and think there are at least 2 rooks fighting for #6 if we go that way.

Balljim55

Abnormally Average
Hoopla Cash
$ 35,250.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #3
I think Garrett handled the question(s) regarding Lucky as best he could given the circumstances. I have no problem with the way he answered the question, or some variation of it, 7 or 8 times. I thought he was fairly patient about it all.

Lucky was not making this team, he was pegged to get cut the day after the draft ended. Whether he was innocent this time around doesn't matter a whole lot to me, Lucky is too often a distraction of some sort. He doesn't contribute enough to put up with it all, plain and simple.

I think what was awkward with Garrett was the day before when he said they did their investigation on the shoplifting incident and that combined with things in the past was they reason they let him go.
I assume Lucky told him that he was not in VA for the incident and could prove it with his trip itinerary, and since that turned out to be the case it left a little egg on Garrett's face.

With Switzer coming in (great get by the way!) Lucky was gone anyway. Garrett now just needs to let the press know he's through talking about it and move on.

TheStarOne

Militem Octoginta
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Garrett is Jerry Jone's little puppet. I guess they're suddenly caring about the COWBOY image and brand.
just ask:

maybe Zeke
Randy Gregory, who was suspended, when he was already suspended.:pound:
Greg Hardy
Terrell Owens
Pacman Jones
Rolando McClain
Damien Wilson
Tank Johnson
Joseph Randle
Alonzo Spellman
Michael Irvin
Josh Brent
Sam Hurd
Clayton Holmes
Leon Lett

They were going to cut Lucky anyway. But when Garrett was asked, he just should have said that.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Garrett is Jerry Jone's little puppet. I guess they're suddenly caring about the COWBOY image and brand.
just ask:

maybe Zeke
Greg Hardy
Terrell Owens
Pacman Jones
Rolando McClain
Damien Wilson
Tank Johnson
Joseph Randle
Alonzo Spellman
Michael Irvin
Josh Brent
Sam Hurd
Clayton Holmes
Leon Lett

They were going to cut Lucky anyway. But when Garrett was asked, he just should have said that.
Yup, if not for Garrett, Irvin and TO wouldn't have had any issues at all. Damn him...

I agree Garrett saying all the "right things" and then doing things like letting Hardy miss countless meetings and still lead the team in snaps is hypocritical and I'm sure noticed by all of the players, but let's keep things in perspective here. He took over a mess. It takes time to clean it up and the culture of this team is a million times better than when he took over.

tomodach10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
just ask:

maybe Zeke
Greg Hardy
Terrell Owens
Pacman Jones
Rolando McClain
Damien Wilson
Tank Johnson
Joseph Randle
Alonzo Spellman
Michael Irvin
Josh Brent
Sam Hurd
Clayton Holmes
Leon Lett

You cant say you were going to cut him anyway. That is weak. They would have asked, why did you not cut him before camp? that would have made things worse.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You cant say you were going to cut him anyway. That is weak. They would have asked, why did you not cut him before camp? that would have made things worse.
Lucky had a lot of issues last year - meetings, late night partying, etc. I was surprised they brought him back, but I would guess there was a conversation that took place that said if we hear anything at all we are cutting you. So I think that is why they jumped the gun a little, but maybe they were wishing they had already cut him and were glad this came up so they could just do it. I'm not sure about you guys but I was thinking (with no proof of course) that when he dog was kidnapped it was either a joke or drug related. Maybe the team thought the same thing:noidea:

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lucky had a lot of issues last year - meetings, late night partying, etc. I was surprised they brought him back, but I would guess there was a conversation that took place that said if we hear anything at all we are cutting you. So I think that is why they jumped the gun a little, but maybe they were wishing they had already cut him and were glad this came up so they could just do it. I'm not sure about you guys but I was thinking (with no proof of course) that when he dog was kidnapped it was either a joke or drug related. Maybe the team thought the same thing:noidea:

That's crossed my mind too.

TheStarOne

Militem Octoginta
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I forgot David Irving and Damontre Moore

tylerTX88

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know Lucky was not gong to make the team. What I said was not about Lucky it was the fact that JG looked like a fool repeating the same nonsense line 8 times. Didn't look like a head coach to me (and I like Garrett). So I will ask this - could you see Mike Tomlin handling it that way?? Just saying Garrett looked foolish doing that. More ammunition for the people that say he is a puppet.
Here's hoping for a great season.