• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Gardner sucks

LoftonPack80

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seriously what will it take to bench him?

Winged_Wheel88

ND 14 UM 45
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's gotten substantially worse with each passing game. He's no QB. Next year he should have to at least compete for the starting QB job. AT LEAST.

themuzzer

Hoopla Cash
$ 400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll take Gardner for tonite......He's the best we have right now. Borges remains predictable. The defense will be fine under Hoke and Mattisson......We do need some big WR's and some continuity on the OL.....Green showed exactly what I thought, He's a big strong back capable of running and will surprise once the interior linemen help him....

MAIZEandBLUE09

Well-Known, and Feared, Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gardner won us the game with his abilities. Let's take into account that it was 45 degrees and raining with a 30mph wind. You can't expect many QB's to do great in that situation. Even Gallon couldn't catch.

Coach_Ed_LPW

Coach of the Year
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gardner should be dominating when he scrambles....he runs right into the defense

LoftonPack80

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gardner won us the game with his abilities. Let's take into account that it was 45 degrees and raining with a 30mph wind. You can't expect many QB's to do great in that situation. Even Gallon couldn't catch.

He barely beat a slumping NU team.

And what is the excuse for the clear sunny days when he over under and sideways throws to open guys?

themuzzer

Hoopla Cash
$ 400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

And what is the excuse for the clear sunny days when he over under and sideways throws to open guys?

It's simple, on sunny days, the sun was in his eyes.....

Boy some guys. :laugh3:

MAIZEandBLUE09

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gardner should be dominating when he scrambles....he runs right into the defense
OK, well Morris CAN'T scramble. So at least with Gardner in we have that hope - that's what most people don't seem to get. If you put Morris in, scrambling is gone; and right now, it generally makes up for a lot of our running game.

MAIZEandBLUE09

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Look, the guy doesn't have any pass protection. You throw in Morris and not only is our scrambling ability gone but now you've taken a true freshman and thrown him in to fail. You know what Morris' weaknesses were according to the recruiting sites? Accuracy, consistency and decision making. He has the physical tools to be a good QB but he's just not going to be that guy as a freshman.

Let's just compare Miller vs. Gardner against Northwestern shall we:

Miller - 15/26, 203 yards, 0 TD and 1 INT
Gardner - 24/43, 226 yards, 1 TD and 0 INT

Miller did OK rushing the ball with 68 yards on 17 attempts but it's not like Gardner did all that much worse - and given the weather, he probably performed better. The point is, you throw Gardner onto OSU and he's probably at least equal to what Miller can do. Also don't forget that there were quite a few passes that should have been caught.

I don't think you're giving him enough credit and want to blame the team's failures all on him.

GoBlueNavyNuke

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Look, the guy doesn't have any pass protection. You throw in Morris and not only is our scrambling ability gone but now you've taken a true freshman and thrown him in to fail. You know what Morris' weaknesses were according to the recruiting sites? Accuracy, consistency and decision making. He has the physical tools to be a good QB but he's just not going to be that guy as a freshman.

Let's just compare Miller vs. Gardner against Northwestern shall we:

Miller - 15/26, 203 yards, 0 TD and 1 INT
Gardner - 24/43, 226 yards, 1 TD and 0 INT

Miller did OK rushing the ball with 68 yards on 17 attempts but it's not like Gardner did all that much worse - and given the weather, he probably performed better. The point is, you throw Gardner onto OSU and he's probably at least equal to what Miller can do. Also don't forget that there were quite a few passes that should have been caught.

I don't think you're giving him enough credit and want to blame the team's failures all on him.

Gardner definetly owns some of the blame, but not enough to warrant a true freshman, who didn't have the benefit of spring ball, taking the job. Gardner definetly needs to start growing as a QB, and should be put on notice for the starting job next year. But as of right now, he is the best shot at winning.

BUD

Hoopla Cash
$ 672.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seriously what will it take to bench him?

Hoke wont bench Gardner for the remainder of the season, besides who will take his place? If i remember correctly M played the 2nd string Qb early in the season once when Gardner was out for a little while, and the kid sucked worse than Gardner.. Who knows what will happen..

MAIZEandBLUE09

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Now you know how Notre Dame fan's feel with Tommy "Turn Over" Rees.

Gardner actually has cleaned up his turnovers. The problem now is that he hesitates on every throw. And instead of just running and cutting on his designed QB sneaks, he runs himself all the way out of room to the sideline waiting for the perfect hole. I'd rather have Gardner than any ND QB in recent memory.

BUD

Hoopla Cash
$ 672.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's getting closer to the 2014 Michigan Wolverines football opener. I think Gardner will be the starting qb. This kid has pissed me off more then once, but I think he will be more qb smart this time around and hopefully he can get the offense going the right way this season. Now it's time for Gardner to prove himself.. Go Blue..

DirtyBird

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
GO BLUE

hey guys i just joined this site , i spent most of my forum days over at kffl.com but im here and there now, just bouncing back and forth. Eagles fan through and through. But when im not doing my eagles thing I am Michigan Wolverines all day. Go Blue!. ( i would have posted a new thread instead of posting in here but my account is still waiting activation it says so i cant start new threads yet.)