• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Garage ManCaves

wood20ks

Staff member
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,227.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I bought my parents house two years ago and have renovated half of it so far............I tore down the garage and looking to rebuild in about 2 maybe 3 yrs from now when I get rest of it done.......

I wanna do a Corvette themed 4 car garage with bar and a couple of tvs.......Maybe a Corvette decal for the garage door:

upload_2018-1-17_20-8-20.jpeg

Flooring is where I`m undecided of what I want............They got some really cool epoxy flooring,but maybe difficult to do on my own.......:

upload_2018-1-17_20-11-49.jpeg

I love the above,but also love this look too:
images

Maybe a matt:

images

But anyways looking for ideas and wondering if anyone else here has garage caves/ideas they wanna share..........pics would be helpful if anyone wants to ..........

Peter Gozintite

NO!...but yes.
Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 103,499.99
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I bought my parents house two years ago and have renovated half of it so far............I tore down the garage and looking to rebuild in about 2 maybe 3 yrs from now when I get rest of it done.......

I wanna do a Corvette themed 4 car garage with bar and a couple of tvs.......Maybe a Corvette decal for the garage door:

View attachment 172939

Flooring is where I`m undecided of what I want............They got some really cool epoxy flooring,but maybe difficult to do on my own.......:

View attachment 172940

I love the above,but also love this look too:
images

Maybe a matt:

images

But anyways looking for ideas and wondering if anyone else here has garage caves/ideas they wanna share..........pics would be helpful if anyone wants to ..........
Epoxys arent that tough, and you could do a red and black speckle on gray. I might consider getting some fat head logos and epoxy them into the clear coat on the floor.

Painting stripes and graphics isn't too tough if you have some patience.

wood20ks

Staff member
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,227.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Epoxys arent that tough, and you could do a red and black speckle on gray. I might consider getting some fat head logos and epoxy them into the clear coat on the floor.

Painting stripes and graphics isn't too tough if you have some patience.

thinking of doing a fathead either on the garage door,or under the epoxy........And as far as epoxies go,Menards has some badass ones:

images

They also have it in cherry red and an orange type..........

And you think that in time,epoxy will eventually flake off................?

Peter Gozintite

NO!...but yes.
Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 103,499.99
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
thinking of doing a fathead either on the garage door,or under the epoxy........And as far as epoxies go,Menards has some badass ones:

images

They also have it in cherry red and an orange type..........

And you think that in time,epoxy will eventually flake off................?

No, not if you prep it right. I know quite a bit about it.

No oil or grease can be there obviously, so a degreaser wash is essential.

Then a muriatic acid wash, must be after degreaser as any oil wish repel the water and acid mix. Half acid half water. Acid wash make the concrete porous and the paint can soak into the top layer.

TSP(or TSP substitute) over the acid to neutralize it. Depending on where you live you may need to stay off the floor and let it dry for 24 to 48 hours with fans going. I like to spray the acid wash with a hudson sprayer and used a push broom to spread it evenly, wear a respirator, not a fucking dust mask.

Buy extra paint for a reason. I say at least 30% more than the cans say. And on your first coat(primer coat) find whatever the can says to use for cleaning tools, and use that to thin the pain 50/50 paint to thinner. This is one of the most important steps if you want it to never peel. The thin paint soaks in deep to the surface and created an impossible bond to break.

Then follow the rest of the instructions on the can.

When doing speckles(pain chips) I prefer to do them in the paint and not the clear, and when instead of sprinkling them with you had, throw small handfuls at the ceiling and they always seem to fall evenly on the floor.

wood20ks

Staff member
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,227.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
this is the car I got now:

th

But in about 2 more years I`ll be upgrading to a 15 or 16........

thinking a nice velvet rope to keep people away.........lol

I do plan on going all out.

wood20ks

Staff member
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,227.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No, not if you prep it right. I know quite a bit about it.

No oil or grease can be there obviously, so a degreaser wash is essential.

Then a muriatic acid wash, must be after degreaser as any oil wish repel the water and acid mix. Half acid half water. Acid wash make the concrete porous and the paint can soak into the top layer.

TSP(or TSP substitute) over the acid to neutralize it. Depending on where you live you may need to stay off the floor and let it dry for 24 to 48 hours with fans going. I like to spray the acid wash with a hudson sprayer and used a push broom to spread it evenly, wear a respirator, not a fucking dust mask.

Buy extra paint for a reason. I say at least 30% more than the cans say. And on your first coat(primer coat) find whatever the can says to use for cleaning tools, and use that to thin the pain 50/50 paint to thinner. This is one of the most important steps if you want it to never peel. The thin paint soaks in deep to the surface and created an impossible bond to break.

Then follow the rest of the instructions on the can.

When doing speckles(pain chips) I prefer to do them in the paint and not the clear, and when instead of sprinkling them with you had, throw small handfuls at the ceiling and they always seem to fall evenly on the floor.

I plan on having a new slab of cement poured.......so everything should be nice and clean.I won`t have to worry about all the grease stains being removed.
Sounds like work to get it right,but it would be enjoyable work........:thumb:

What do you think about the snap together floor tiles..........?

I see Barret-Jackson uses them for all their shows.....To me that looks awesome too.

Peter Gozintite

NO!...but yes.
Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 103,499.99
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I plan on having a new slab of cement poured.......so everything should be nice and clean.I won`t have to worry about all the grease stains being removed.
Sounds like work to get it right,but it would be enjoyable work........:thumb:

What do you think about the snap together floor tiles..........?

I see Barret-Jackson uses them for all their shows.....To me that looks awesome too.
Yeah theyre nice til something gets spilled

wood20ks

Staff member
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,227.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah theyre nice til something gets spilled

Now theres a thought..........I always wondered about durability as in them drying out,maybe getting brittle over time...........But yeah,thats a huge problem.....Especially alcohol refreshments................Hmm

Epoxy sounds the safer route..........Thanks

wood20ks

Staff member
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,227.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anyone else with ideas/pics or stories of their garage cave they wanna share.......I`d like to hear them........Even if you have jokes....right @williewilliejuan .............lol

Peter Gozintite

NO!...but yes.
Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 103,499.99
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Now theres a thought..........I always wondered about durability as in them drying out,maybe getting brittle over time...........But yeah,thats a huge problem.....Especially alcohol refreshments................Hmm

Epoxy sounds the safer route..........Thanks
They usually start to look shit and worn where the tire tracks are. It takes a whil, but it happens. Especially if youre pulling into the garage after rain or snow.

wood20ks

Staff member
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,227.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@Peter Gozintite

after looking deeper into all this(which I think about it everyday),they got a nice variety of colors............:

but I`m still thinking really hard on the snap together tiles too:

It may come down to cost...........
I read that epoxy has a topcoat that's scratch resistnce.........I really don't plan on doing much work in the garage,I have a shed for utlity yard work.........Its just mainly for keeping the car inside and and a few social events.............
I wonder if its possible to put a top coat over the tiles.......?

its still 3 yrs down the road before I get to this,but why wait for questions that I need answers for........lol

fknhippie

I'll shit in your shoes.
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

wood20ks

Staff member
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,227.93
Fav. Team #1