• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Week # 3 - Northern Illionis

corn train

Have some of it
Hoopla Cash
$ 76,445.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Wilbon is ahead of Oz in the line Ew

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Saving the power back for Big 10 play?

"Three yards and a cloud of dust" is still the Big 10 way.
Not sure Nebraska is good enough up-front for that, though.

corn train

Have some of it
Hoopla Cash
$ 76,445.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Saving the power back for Big 10 play?

"Three yards and a cloud of dust" is still the Big 10 way.
Not sure Nebraska is good enough up-front for that, though.
We don't have that luxury of saving anything, I thought the same thing with the defense after ArkSt but then the oregon game sorted that all out for me

oaknightshockey1

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,928.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We don't have that luxury of saving anything, I thought the same thing with the defense after ArkSt but then the oregon game sorted that all out for me
We did save a bunch of stuff for Oregon. It didn't work, but we ran a lot of different coverages and looks we didn't show in Week 1.

Skerpokes

Calmer Than You Are
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess I feel like if Wilbon or Ozigbo aren't good enough backs to beat Northern Illinois then we have way bigger problems and are fucked regardless the rest of the way.

Kind of like pulling your money out of the stock market because you're convinced the world is coming to an end. What difference does it make?

antone112

who gives a fuck
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,290.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Need to start turning the corner on some things. If you are a team captain at wr, you need to start catching every thing that hits your hands. If you are a team captain at qb and can't run that well, you need to complete more than 50% of your passes. If you can't generate a pass rush with your front 3, bring 1 or 2 more.

AND finally, If your head coach can't get his team to play an entire game, it may be time to replace him. Just because he brought the wrong defensive staff with him to start doesn't mean he deserves more time.

Between the Bears and Huskers I've had my fill of moral victories over the past 3 years. Moral victories and patience can eat 10 kinds of AIDS infected dicks.

HuskerinBig10

Dad, World Traveler, Investor, college football
Hoopla Cash
$ 436.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rumor was Ozigbo had some disciplinary issues. Which might be because he is pissed about the depth chart.

I have seen enough of Wilbon to know that he cannot or will not block. Might be a size thing.

For me, it is

1. Tre Bryant, but if the knee isn't 95% don't play him. Even though knee surgery now is very, very good, I do not want a 20-21 year old to have to have replacement knee surgery by the time he is 30.
2. Devine Ozigbo feed him a let him hit some people
3. McNitt or whoever the fullback is
4. Tyjon Lindsey since he has already run a couple of sweeps, why not. Sure he only weighs 170 or so.
5. Bradley I would rather not see him in the backfield though. I think it is too soon.

I have lost a little confidence in what the coaches told us before the season and then watched something entirely different on the field in the season. I can be pretty stupid at times, but my spidey senses are tingling about all that coach speak.

tometom

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,219.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yea that is what confused me the most is wilbon on pass protection, everyone knows he struggles so why not let Ozigbo in at that point and let him do that?

FNG

Chiefs Baby Chiefs!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Under / Over is 58.5 points

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll take the over.

N. Illinois is #21 in Total Defense, but that was against Boston College (who can't get out of their own way), and FCS Eastern Illinois.

Their starting QB is out 2-4 weeks, but his backup started and won their last two games last season.

42 - 24 Huskers.

Skerpokes

Calmer Than You Are
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Reports are that Tre Bryant is good to go.

Yikes

AHFox

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ozigbo could have been huge in a few of those plays. They ran Tre into the ground. And Oregon knew it.
My question is can they come out of the corner swinging. It would be nice to control a game. I don't know if MR has ever done that.

We've seen it for two years and two games. The answer is no!

HuskerinBig10

Dad, World Traveler, Investor, college football
Hoopla Cash
$ 436.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
At least Northern Illinois is not a high powered offense. Balanced offensively but no true studs.

Their QB is Santa (santacaterina).

Nebraska rolls. But the Nebraska defense is still giving up points.

Nebraska 54 - 6 TDs 4 FGs 6XPs
Northern Illinois 21

The coaches had better shine in this one. This game and Rutgers are the two games to get it setup. If this game is close, all seats will be hot on the coaching staff from the media and the fans, but not from Eichorst. Obviously, Eichorst thinks he is a genius and has completely placed all his eggs in this basket.

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
At least Northern Illinois is not a high powered offense. Balanced offensively but no true studs.

Their QB is Santa (santacaterina).

Nebraska rolls. But the Nebraska defense is still giving up points.

Nebraska 54 - 6 TDs 4 FGs 6XPs
Northern Illinois 21

The coaches had better shine in this one. This game and Rutgers are the two games to get it setup. If this game is close, all seats will be hot on the coaching staff from the media and the fans, but not from Eichorst. Obviously, Eichorst thinks he is a genius and has completely placed all his eggs in this basket.

My hope is that this staff can get enough talent in here so if they can't coach at least a division champ by the end of 2018, the next staff won't have to start with the cupboards bare, and have the talent on hand to turn things around right away.

When I get disgusted with what I watch, in the back of my mind I know the Jr's/Sr's on this team are still 'best of the rest' pleeny croots.

A great coach with talent to work with can get people in the right places rather quickly. They are very detail oriented and know that little things make a difference in games where the teams are evenly matched.

Unfortunately great coaches don't grow on trees. However, having talented players and being strong up front gives the program a fighting chance to prevent embarrassment.

Fair catching a ball at your own 5 yd line is coaching. It's not paying attention to detail when coaching. It's assuming the kid knows better.

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Regarding the contract extension, it was done for recruiting. To give the impression that the program is not in disarray. If Riley needs fired at the end of 2018, paying off the rest of his contract is a drop in the bucket. Nebraska has Big 10 money now.

Skerpokes

Calmer Than You Are
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Next year will tell me all I need to know. The schedule next year is brutal so I am giving Riley and the staff to get Tanner Lee and the offense fine tuned, and Diaco to get the 3-4 put in place and executed. Add in one more year of recruiting and I expect this team to be competitive with every team on the schedule next year.

Obviously I want to win this year as well. But me personally, I will not listen to any talk of the "hot seat" until next year.

Just my 2 cents.

corn train

Have some of it
Hoopla Cash
$ 76,445.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't have him on the seat this year but he's on notice for next year or else he's out, we're in season 3 of rebuilding and had better start to see some results by years end