• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game day

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thought C. Rush looked shaky early but he really played pretty well after the first couple of series.

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We blew it. Fire the whole damn staff.

Just kidding

Earl Stevens

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Love/hate this team with a passion. Don’t even like losing in the preseason.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thought C. Rush looked shaky early but he really played pretty well after the first couple of series.
I thought the same thing.

Wanted to see a little more touch on that toss to the corner of the EZ.

But you guys have a great situation with your backup QB imo. Dude's gonna have a career, but there's no hurry to rush his situation.

tomodach10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Meanwhile Shaquem Griffin, a 5th round pick, was all over the place.
Who on here said They were concerned with Vander sheeding blocks? He looks like just another guy nothing remotely special. It is only his first game, but invisible.

es4m11

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Didn't watch the game especially close. Was pretty disappointed to see such an inequitable split of playing time at TE. Seemed like Jarwin got the lions share of the first 3 quarters, then Gathers got the last minute or two of the 3rd and the first few minutes of the 4th before Shultz came in and played the last 9 minutes or so of the 4th. Was not exactly impressed by any of the TEs last night.

After reading some positive commentary on Rico's practices this past week from multiple sources, I thought we might see the coaches let Gathers get a little more run than he did. From the outside looking in, it really appears to me that these coaches just are not interested in playing Rico. No reason Shultz should have had more game time than Rico - Shultz missed a bit of practice recently, and yes I know it was for the birth of his child, but the point still stands.

Listen to Garrett talk about Gathers and it is nothing but negative, I honestly don't recall hearing Garrett say anything positive about him since last training camp - Garrett almost never talks about anything that Rico does well. I know it's still early in camp, but it seems like the writing is on the wall for Rico.

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Didn't watch the game especially close. Was pretty disappointed to see such an inequitable split of playing time at TE. Seemed like Jarwin got the lions share of the first 3 quarters, then Gathers got the last minute or two of the 3rd and the first few minutes of the 4th before Shultz came in and played the last 9 minutes or so of the 4th. Was not exactly impressed by any of the TEs last night.

After reading some positive commentary on Rico's practices this past week from multiple sources, I thought we might see the coaches let Gathers get a little more run than he did. From the outside looking in, it really appears to me that these coaches just are not interested in playing Rico. No reason Shultz should have had more game time than Rico - Shultz missed a bit of practice recently, and yes I know it was for the birth of his child, but the point still stands.

Listen to Garrett talk about Gathers and it is nothing but negative, I honestly don't recall hearing Garrett say anything positive about him since last training camp - Garrett almost never talks about anything that Rico does well. I know it's still early in camp, but it seems like the writing is on the wall for Rico.

Jarwin looked pretty quick IMO. I didn’t pay much attention to his blocking. I did think the WRs looked pretty good. Most of them got involved in some sort of way. Lenoir had a great catch but he also made a great play on a short, short punt. Instead of letting it hit he ran up and caught it. A little dangerous possibly but those hidden yards are huge.

es4m11

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who on here said They were concerned with Vander sheeding blocks? He looks like just another guy nothing remotely special. It is only his first game, but invisible.

Well, I think I may have been the loudest about my displeasure with the LVE pick. Not sure if I was the only one who didn't like it. My main concern with LVE, as I said during the draft and now, is his ability to take on blockers. To this point LVE can't handle lineman when they get their hands on him. In college and very limited camp video so far LVE has had trouble taking on blocks from FBs too. I don't care how great LVE's measureables are, or how big he is, he just is not physical enough at the point of attack as of now.

Now I am not writing LVE off yet, as far as I am concerned. I am going to wait til the end of the season to form any further opinion on the kid. That said, the issues you saw last night were the exact reason I hated the pick when it happened. As an aside, I wanted the Cowboys to draft Rashaan Evans (MLB, Alabama).

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I have heard that Gathers is about as smart as a bag of hammers, and after a full redshirt season, still doesn't have a clue about where to go from play to play. They just cut Dez because he couldn't run a full route tree, I'd expect Gathers to be cut sooner than later

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, I think I may have been the loudest about my displeasure with the LVE pick. Not sure if I was the only one who didn't like it. My main concern with LVE, as I said during the draft and now, is his ability to take on blockers. To this point LVE can't handle lineman when they get their hands on him. In college and very limited camp video so far LVE has had trouble taking on blocks from FBs too. I don't care how great LVE's measureables are, or how big he is, he just is not physical enough at the point of attack as of now.

Now I am not writing LVE off yet, as far as I am concerned. I am going to wait til the end of the season to form any further opinion on the kid. That said, the issues you saw last night were the exact reason I hated the pick when it happened. As an aside, I wanted the Cowboys to draft Rashaan Evans (MLB, Alabama).
LVE actually graded out well the other night...

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Backup QB is the biggest concern on this team for me. If Dak gets hurt, neither Rush nor White is ready to go against starters in a real game.

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Backup QB is the biggest concern on this team for me. If Dak gets hurt, neither Rush nor White is ready to go against starters in a real game.

From watching Rush the first couple of series I would have agreed. Then I thought he really dialed it in and played well. He made some really nice throws. White really didn’t have much of a chance. I expect he will get more as the preseason goes.

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
From watching Rush the first couple of series I would have agreed. Then I thought he really dialed it in and played well. He made some really nice throws. White really didn’t have much of a chance. I expect he will get more as the preseason goes.
I think White has more potential. He is slow footed, but he can sling it. Rush, he just doesn't do it for me. He did get better after his first couple of series, but by then it might as well have been you and me out there on D

ArlingtonCowboys100

Goodell is a polesmoker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think White has more potential. He is slow footed, but he can sling it. Rush, he just doesn't do it for me. He did get better after his first couple of series, but by then it might as well have been you and me out there on D
Rush has a noodle arm. White has a cannon

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LVE actually graded out well the other night...
i watched him a lot because by the time I watched the game I knew the score and had read the recaps and the criticism of LVE. Honestly I did not think he played that well. He looked like a rookie playing his first real game action. But, HE IS a rookie playing his first game so kind of means he's right on target. Looked to me like a guy that was just a little bit nervous and was thinking too much and wasn't flying around like I expect he will once he feels more comfortable. I think with a few preseason games under his belt and some live scrimmages he'll be ready to go for the real games.

I know everyone expects a huge year 1 impact from every first round pick and gets frustrated if any chink in the armor makes it look like that may not happen, but I think he will be fine. But, if Jaylon Smith steps up this year LVE may be a rotation guy no matter how well he plays because I don't think strong side is his spot and that is fine with me for a first year player. Also don't forget Thomas. I loved that signing and he had a good night. I think Thomas is a player for us this year. What I expect out of LVE year 1 is to give us another LB to pair with Lee in the nickel and a guy to fill in for Lee if he is hurt. Ideally he wins the Mike spot, but he can help us even if he doesn't. I think he is going to be elite as a coverage LB and paired with Lee and an overhauled secondary and what should be a good pass rush I am excited to see if Marinelli's defense actually works with the talent to run it. I also think that once Lee is on the field more and more next to this kid and he grabs onto his coat tails we will see him get better week by week.