• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Day!

BoomerNTX

~Boomer FN Sooner~
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Today is the first day for the rest of our lives.

Ok, perhaps a bit over statement there, but it is time to put up or shut up. Are we contenders or pretenders? Playing one of the better B12 teams(most likely), so how do we match up? I feel if we lose today, will show the B12 that we're stepping mats ala 2014 and anybody with a decent team will have their way with us. We lost to KSU, TCU, BU, OSU and Clemson. I think we have zero chance of meeting Clemson this season, so thats one we don't have to suffer. TCU, BU, OSU and UT could all stump us.

Ok, the adverse is if we win today, I think we can let 'em know that we had a hiccup, but we're not about to give up the B12 to any body quite yet. Our O, I think, has the weapons....we just need to figure out how to use them. Our D....a bit more of a concern. Do we figure out our DB woes? Our D line keeps getting thinner. Not even sure who we have left at this point. Put me in coach!

So, the weather is Ft Worth is beautiful. Got my flag flying early this morning to let my Ft Worth neighbors know whats what. Lets do this!

BoomerNTX

~Boomer FN Sooner~
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So, yeah. We got it. Tried to give it away.

Anyway, I'm sure many of you had mixed emotions during the game. Started off looking like we were toast. Woke up eventually. Ran away with it, and seemed like old times. And then....back to shitty play calling and porous D.

Just looking at the numbers, we did ok. Baker ran in two and threw two. He was 23/30 for 274. No picks! Perine was looking like the Perine we know and love and got 2 td's with 98 rushing and 3 receiving. Mixon a bit more prolific, with 105 on the ground and 70 receiving. Mayfield added 55 rushing. Westbrook got 158 receiving and a few rushing.

Defensively, I was pleased with our run D and the D-line and LB's in general. Had 3 sacks for 26 yds. Kept pressure on Hill, and caused a few rushed throws. Our DB's still need to get better, as Hill picked us apart as in previous games. We did get a pick finally!

We didn't give up anything big on special teams, not did we break anything big.

Good news is we're undefeated in B12 play!

Wishbone

Robust Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A win is a win and I'll take but this defense.....

BoomerNTX

~Boomer FN Sooner~
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"Intentional grounding will be called when a passer, facing an imminent loss of yardage due to pressure from the defense, throws a forward pass without a realistic chance of completion."

Jason Sehorn and Kevin Carter clearly don't know the rule. They were claiming on ESPNU this morning that it should've not been called when Stoops threw a fit. Kenny Hill was definitely in the pocket. He was under pressure. He threw the ball in the zip code of NOBODY to prevent taking the sack. How fucking clear does it need to be? The officials reviewed the play. They made the incorrect call initially and after conferring, made the correct call. Isn't this what replay is all about?