• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Day Thread (week 14): Seahawks @ 49ers

Cloud

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here it is. Ball in left hand. Reaches out with right hand.

Shit like this pretty much solidifies the entire day from the zebras as a whole. However, the Seahawks shoot themselves in the foot today both sides of the ball.

The run by Gore was inexcusable and shouldn't have happened.

CalBears

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I get it but if they get it right, they kick a FG and you have 3 minutes to score. I would say that was a huge spot/non challenge.

Cloud

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I get it but if they get it right, they kick a FG and you have 3 minutes to score. I would say that was a huge spot/non challenge.

I understand and it's unbelievable that everyone missed it

Destroydacre

Throws stuff out windows
Hoopla Cash
$ 90.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Shit like this pretty much solidifies the entire day from the zebras as a whole. However, the Seahawks shoot themselves in the foot today both sides of the ball.

The run by Gore was inexcusable and shouldn't have happened.

Let me start by saying I agree 100% that the Seahawks should not have let Gore get 50 yards. Also the Seahawks played pretty mediocre today and SF played pretty well. Credit to the 9ers for that. However, I am so fucking sick of the Seahawks having to deal with this shit from the refs every damn week. Two calls stand out. The first was at the start of the third quarter the Seahawks stripped the ball from Crabtree for a turnover. The ref marked him down and patted his ass saying that's what hit down. Mind you Crabtree was still going forward at the time. Pete challenges the play and the refs huddle and go oh, Seattle will get the ball, change it to forward progress stopped. That's the only explanation, because that's not what was signaled on the field. The second was the defensive holding on Sherman in the first half. The ball is thrown, incomplete and then 3 seconds later the flag comes flying in. Then the ref calls "before the pass was thrown holding..." Sorry but no. If it was holding then you should have thrown the flag when the penalty occurred not after observing the results of the play. These are examples of the refs changing calls after the fact to the detriment of the Seahawks. And that pisses me off to no end. NFL refs can go to fucking hell. To be perfectly honest I preferred the replacement refs. At least they made bad calls both ways. The worst part though is the Seahawks will continue to have to play 11 v 18 for the rest of the year. And if a NFL golden team the Cowboys or Packers happens to play in Seattle then all bets are off. The refs scare me in the playoffs more than any NFC team does.

Anyway, I've said enough about the refs. Agree, disagree, tell me to put my tinfoil hat on, whatever, but it just pisses me off to talk about them so I won't clutter the board with my ranting anymore. Flame on!

Last edited by a moderator:

DonyellFreak

Custom User Title
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Let me start by saying I agree 100% that the Seahawks should not have let Gore get 50 yards. Also the Seahawks played pretty mediocre today and SF played pretty well. Credit to the 9ers for that. However, I am so fucking sick of the Seahawks having to deal with this shit from the refs every damn week. Two calls stand out. The first was at the start of the third quarter the Seahawks stripped the ball from Crabtree for a turnover. The ref marked him down and patted his ass saying that's what hit down. Mind you Crabtree was still going forward at the time. Pete challenges the play and the refs huddle and go oh, Seattle will get the ball, change it to forward progress stopped. That's the only explanation, because that's not what was signaled on the field. The second was the defensive holding on Sherman in the first half. The ball is thrown, incomplete and then 3 seconds later the flag comes flying in. Then the ref calls "before the pass was thrown holding..." Sorry but no. If it was holding then you should have thrown the flag when the penalty occurred not after observing the results of the play. These are examples of the refs changing calls after the fact to the detriment of the Seahawks. And that pisses me off to no end. NFL refs can go to fucking hell. To be perfectly honest I preferred the replacement refs. At least they made bad calls both ways. The worst part though is the Seahawks will continue to have to play 11 v 18 for the rest of the year. And if a NFL golden team the Cowboys or Packers happens to play in Seattle then all bets are off. The refs scare me in the playoffs more than any NFC team does.

Anyway, I've said enough about the refs. Agree, disagree, tell me to put my tinfoil hat on, whatever, but it just pisses me off to talk about them so I won't clutter the board with my ranting anymore. Flame on!

I was starting to think I was the only one pissed about that, if they get it right we are very likely to get a FG and the rest of the game is different. We still might have lost but that's the only thing I'm really upset about our guys did a nice job on a short rest week against a very good team on the road.

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The refs were pathetic as usual and yes I do agree the Niners did get a lot of calls to help them down the field, but the Hawks left a lot of poor plays on the field on both sides of the ball. To let Keap and company move the ball at the end of the first half should never have happened, big Lynch run called back, getting excellent field position late in the game and settling for a FG is inexcusable are just a few things the Hawks screwed up. San Fran played a little bit better and got the win.

jarrod49

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I like how you didn't include the obvious pass interference that wasn't called on Maxwell that would have given the 49ers the ball well inside the 20 yd line in the first half but instead they punted. or perhaps the crap taunting penalty on whitner when both him and lynch were talking trash to each other. stop crying about the refs, when the 49ers fans have complained about the seahawks holding everyone of you hypocrites calls them whiners, yet here you are complaining about calls when the game was called pretty much dead even seattle 9 for 85 yds niners 7 for 70.

Cloud

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like how you didn't include the obvious pass interference that wasn't called on Maxwell that would have given the 49ers the ball well inside the 20 yd line in the first half but instead they punted. or perhaps the crap taunting penalty on whitner when both him and lynch were talking trash to each other. stop crying about the refs, when the 49ers fans have complained about the seahawks holding everyone of you hypocrites calls them whiners, yet here you are complaining about calls when the game was called pretty much dead even seattle 9 for 85 yds niners 7 for 70.

Everyone in the game thread knew at the time that it was a make up call for the holding that didn't happened earlier in the drive. It evened out buddy. :suds:

Logicallylethal

Hoopla Cash
$ 933.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I'll say this. Our penalties cost us much more than just the 85 yards penalized. But disregard the flags because that's a part of the game and some of it has to do with the Seahawks just being undisciplined.

I don't think anyone here is crying about the flags. The gripe is with the two missed calls. 1) Kaep being down in the 3rd down run and 2) The Crabtree fumble where the ref clearly said he was "down" and then changes his mind to say the play was whistled dead.

How can you say with a straight face that those were called correctly. Penalties are subjective but certain things like being down or not being down is clear by the book.

jarrod49

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll say this. Our penalties cost us much more than just the 85 yards penalized. But disregard the flags because that's a part of the game and some of it has to do with the Seahawks just being undisciplined.

I don't think anyone here is crying about the flags. The gripe is with the two missed calls. 1) Kaep being down in the 3rd down run and 2) The Crabtree fumble where the ref clearly said he was "down" and then changes his mind to say the play was whistled dead.

How can you say with a straight face that those were called correctly. Penalties are subjective but certain things like being down or not being down is clear by the book.

did I say they were? NOPE and the pass interference call that was missed isn't subjective it was clear cut by the book PI. back to the ball hitting the wr with hands in his face prior to the ball arriving!!!! and as far as the Sherman holding maybe if he didn't put his hands on the wr and make it appear to have turned him then it wouldn't have been a holding. your dbs grab pull and or push on virtually every play outside the legal 5 yd limit and they are actually calling it on them this year. maybe they should learn to play without illegal contact and it wouldn't be an issue!!

gohusk

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The only reason there was separation to begin with was because of a push-off. The calls were bad both ways. The refs obviously wanted to keep control of the game and went overboard with the penalties.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
did I say they were? NOPE and the pass interference call that was missed isn't subjective it was clear cut by the book PI. back to the ball hitting the wr with hands in his face prior to the ball arriving!!!! and as far as the Sherman holding maybe if he didn't put his hands on the wr and make it appear to have turned him then it wouldn't have been a holding. your dbs grab pull and or push on virtually every play outside the legal 5 yd limit and they are actually calling it on them this year. maybe they should learn to play without illegal contact and it wouldn't be an issue!!

Time for you to start posting in the smack talk thread.

Good win for the 49ers. Congrads.

Logicallylethal

Hoopla Cash
$ 933.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

All penalties are subjective hence why they cannot be reviewed

Being down or not being down is not subjective. Those are the only two gripes in the game.

49ers won didn't they? Why are you over here complaining about flags?

Have fun being in 6th place we'll see you in the playoffs at the Clink.

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Isn't it cute when a giner fan comes to our board to troll us after a 2pt win at home that they had to get help from the refs to get? :lol: :laugh3:

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Man, I really really hope we get them in our house in the playoffs. I mean that would be the cake topper to the season. To be able to personally wipe them off the map for this season. You KNOW damn well they not only can't beat Seattle at the Clink, but they can't even get within 3 scores.

StoningtonQB

ESPN Refugee
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Everyone in the game thread knew at the time that it was a make up call for the holding that didn't happened earlier in the drive. It evened out buddy. :suds:
You guys have no business whatsoever whining about the refs when you get the benefit of the calls in every game week in and week out. Even today, the score would not have been so close if that pass interference flag was actually thrown and all of the face masks (including the face mash no-call on the last Haushka FG) they got away with in this game that were not called. As much as I hate the way the officiating always goes in Seattle's favor (and never in SF's favor) in any game (not just tonight, and not just SEA vs SF), I was actually somewhat pleasantly surprised that FOR ONCE they didn't get away with everything, although there were still a lot of cheap holds that the officials let go.

Hopefully this was the breakout game for the officials with respect to taking note of all of the penalties Seattle gets away with, and putting an end to it once and for all. Even the announcers tonight were keen on all of the no-calls they got away with. But it was still nice to see that it wasn't completely one sided with the officiating tonight. There is still much room for improvement but this was a start. Give me a break, you guys... if you have a problem with the way the officials call the game, then WELCOME TO OUR WORLD.

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

You do watch football, right? All DB's including your Db's grab, push and pull at the WR's outside the 5 yd limit. If you think your DB's play without any illegal contact on every passing down, then your an idiot. It all depends on what officiating crew wants to nit pick the calls or let them actually play some football. Main fact, Seattle didn't do enough and San Fran did. At least Harbaugh doesn't have to bitch to the main offices this week.

Logicallylethal

Hoopla Cash
$ 933.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You guys have no business whatsoever whining about the refs when you get the benefit of the calls in every game week in and week out.

Lol what world are you living in where the Seahawks get calls every game???? :wtf2:

Carolina game - 9 penalties for 99 yds on us vs 4 for 46 for the panthers
Arizona game - 10 penalties for 70 yds on us vs 3 for 22 for the cards
Indy game - 7 for 85 on us vs 3 for 35 for the colts
Minnesota game - 7 for 96 on us vs 4 for 20 for the vikes
Atlanta game - 9 for 80 on us vs 1 for 15 for the falcons
St. Louis game - 10 for 83 vs 8 for 53 on the rams

gohusk

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You guys have no business whatsoever whining about the refs when you get the benefit of the calls in every game week in and week out. Even today, the score would not have been so close if that pass interference flag was actually thrown and all of the face masks (including the face mash no-call on the last Haushka FG) they got away with in this game that were not called. As much as I hate the way the officiating always goes in Seattle's favor (and never in SF's favor) in any game (not just tonight, and not just SEA vs SF), I was actually somewhat pleasantly surprised that FOR ONCE they didn't get away with everything, although there were still a lot of cheap holds that the officials let go.

Hopefully this was the breakout game for the officials with respect to taking note of all of the penalties Seattle gets away with, and putting an end to it once and for all. Even the announcers tonight were keen on all of the no-calls they got away with. But it was still nice to see that it wasn't completely one sided with the officiating tonight. There is still much room for improvement but this was a start. Give me a break, you guys... if you have a problem with the way the officials call the game, then WELCOME TO OUR WORLD.

Well said 2 games back with 3 to go! When they start throwing flags on Boldin and Crabs for roughing up DB's and pushing off then we can really call it even!