• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game day OCD

BTHOtu

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What are your game day traditions, superstitions, or just wired rituals that get you through the day?

I get up early and start preparing what ever feast is going on the grill and crack open my first coldie when College Gameday comes on.

I call my brother in law and make sure my sister has a full day planned. She's a jinx and is not allowed anywhere near a TV all day.

I wear maroon all day. There is one shirt that I wore during every game last year.

I have a beer ready and pop the top at kick off. Right when the ball is kicked. I do this to start the 3rd qtr also.

I turn my hat around backward on Offense and back forward on Defense.

If things are going really bad I turn the TV off and listen to the radio in the garage and find something to work on.

If I'm going to the game I spend most of my time with friends at their tailgates. We always offer food and coldies to other fans and give them a big "Howdy!" and welcome to College Station" :suds:

WhiteMamba

John: 8:36
Hoopla Cash
$ 61.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Meet up with buddies and head to Autzen. Usually we try to get their at least 5 hours before game time. We park in the same spot every game.

We have about 20 regulars in our crew that meet religiously at our designated tailgate spot. They usually have guests. SO its a humdinger most of the time.

Opening game we grill steak and vegetables. One game a year, usually in October we buy a couple bushells of oysters and steam em.... Eat em with tabasco. In November whatever game is closest to Thanksgiving we deep fry a turkey. My wife usually sends a pot of mashed taters with me, some other guise wife sends gravy and stuffing en sech.

Also since the mid 90s the same 5 guise travel to Pullman, Washington when the Ducks play there. We have not missed one year when the Ducks play @ WSU. Always the same 5 of us. Usually we have a couple newbs come. BUt never are the 5 not there.

We generally bring a tv and sometimes a DirecTV dish to set up at the tailgater, but sometimes not. We have even had a couple of PS3 appearances and played Madden or NCAA football at the tailgater.

Lotsa other stuff... Sure Ive bored yall....

Chief

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Get up about 0600 CST. Fresh coffee and start making chili. Sit out on back porch with coffee waiting for college gameday to start. Not that crzp hour pre-show, but actual game day. Get laptop fired up (for message board chat), make sure dvr is set for games I want to watch. Then enjoy the day.

BTHOtu

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
New game day tradition for me this year. Lurking and posting at the Hoop.

WhiteMamba

Hoopla Cash
$ 61.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
and always domestic lights while tailgating.... Microbrew is a no no....

And an occasional shot of rum or somethin like that... And we are in Eugene so lots of weed going around... Like everywhere.

UTVolCountry

(>',')> Laser_Mike_89
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I usually just get up, fix some coffee and put it on GameDay. If it's a MTSU home game, I usually put my jersey on right when I get up and watch some other games until my brother and I head out. We've been walking to the stadium and sitting in the same seats for about 13 years now.

ckhokie

Supporting Member Level 69
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pound as many luke warm natty ices as possible

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wake up at the crack of dawn and watch gameday while surfing the web. Then I go out back and take a nice long piss on the effigy of the oregon ducks mascot I have in the yard. After that it's off to the stadium to hang with my homies and have a few drinks before going in to watch the game with that view of the lake.

TheLonestarDUCK

Sleep is only for the tired
Hoopla Cash
$ 36,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wake up at the crack of dawn and watch gameday while surfing the web. Then I go out back and take a nice long piss on the effigy of the oregon ducks mascot I have in the yard. After that it's off to the stadium to hang with my homies and have a few drinks before going in to watch the game with that view of the lake.

Wow - your Duck envy never ceases to amaze :suds:

WhiteMamba

Hoopla Cash
$ 61.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

tumblr_m9hdtsTcXK1rrdy0u_large.gif

bamabear82

I ♥ t-baggin
Hoopla Cash
$ 709.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The only odd thing I do is if Bama is on defense it seems to help if I stand behind my recliner and when on offense I stand in front of my recliner. I never sit down either, well, until at whatever point the game is decided anyway.

WhiteMamba

Hoopla Cash
$ 61.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The only odd thing I do is if Bama is on defense it seems to help if I stand behind my recliner and when on offense I stand in front of my recliner. I never sit down either, well, until at whatever point the game is decided anyway.

Your recliner after Oregon vs Alabama 2014 NATTY

4020390436_0ae4bf1e69_z.jpg

BTHOtu

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

A&M v Bama I didn't sit down until well after the game. I think that day got me back smoking again. No mater what people post about it in hind sight, that game was good to the last second. Can't wait until the rematch.