• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game #9 Patriots vs Denver Broncos 11/5/2017

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I still think that the defense looks ragged. Butler was really exposed last night.
This proves how stupid the Broncos coaches were last night. At the half Sanders was 8 for 10 with 130 yards.
The OC should have kept throwing at him until the Pats did something different. What did they do? Tried to get the ball to Demaryius Thomas and run Anderson.

None the less.........5 games in a row where the opponent has not been able to score 17 points.
I don't really think Butler was exposed, in fact I think he did a pretty decent job. He was on Sanders all night he got "Exposed" on one play where he went for a fake at the LOS but all in all he pretty much covered Sanders one on all night. Sanders just had on hell of a game I think it was more about Sanders and less about Butler. IMO

SDGuy73

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,159.39
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't really think Butler was exposed, in fact I think he did a pretty decent job. He was on Sanders all night he got "Exposed" on one play where he went for a fake at the LOS but all in all he pretty much covered Sanders one on all night. Sanders just had on hell of a game I think it was more about Sanders and less about Butler. IMO

I agree. Sanders is legit. He does this to Butler almost every time. Sanders speed is ridiculous. When Manning was right, Sanders put up fantastic numbers. As well as every other weapon on that team. I was disappointed when we didn't get him.

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Butler was really exposed last night.

He seems to always be looking for the highlight reel interception or forced fumble when actually covering his WR, a tipped ball or even a tackle would produce better results.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Every local commentator agreed that Butler was torched. Instead of playing his normal game, he over reacted to every situation and Sanders took away his lunch money.

In the second half either BB, MP or someone must have told him to "Just do your job." Sanders effectiveness was diminished in the 3rd quarter and he was nothing in the fourth.

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Every local commentator agreed that Butler was torched. Instead of playing his normal game, he over reacted to every situation and Sanders took away his lunch money.

In the second half either BB, MP or someone must have told him to "Just do your job." Sanders effectiveness was diminished in the 3rd quarter and he was nothing in the fourth.
That's a crock of shit. Butler played Sander close all game he was almost always dead on him or a half step off. Not sure which game these commentators watched. And I doubt BB or anyone else said anything to him.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's a crock of shit. Butler played Sander close all game he was almost always dead on him or a half step off.

If Butler did so well, how was it that Sanders caught 8 of 10 targets in the first half for 130 yards?? Even Osweiler could see that Sanders had Butler's number so he kept going to him.

Sanders is 6'3" and Butler is 5'7". Butler is one of the fastest players in the NFL but Sanders found a way to negate it.

You can argue in Butler's favor all you want, but numbers don't lie. Butler just couldn't cover him Sunday night.

sharkymcwrath

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That one sideline catch Sanders made was pretty incredible and seemed nearly impossible to defend. I thought Butler made the INT and then realized it was a catch. Not sure how anybody defends that.

Butler did get burned on that early play though where he bought the route cut but Sanders went long.

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Butler did so well, how was it that Sanders caught 8 of 10 targets in the first half for 130 yards?? Even Osweiler could see that Sanders had Butler's number so he kept going to him.

Sanders is 6'3" and Butler is 5'7". Butler is one of the fastest players in the NFL but Sanders found a way to negate it.

You can argue in Butler's favor all you want, but numbers don't lie. Butler just couldn't cover him Sunday night.
Numbers do indeed lie they always have people use them all the time in an attempt to manipulate a conversation. Point is Sanders is one of the more difficult receivers to cover he is both quick and fast and runs good routes. Not sure where you got the Butler is one of the fastest players in the NFL with a top time of 4.73 but it's still not the speed of Sanders. And again Sanders is quick and runs great routes all corners in the league struggle with him. Point being is that Butler by no means got "BURNED" that is just a stupid comment, if people would say Sanders got the better of Butler I think most would easily agree with that but BURNED no, no way.

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That one sideline catch Sanders made was pretty incredible and seemed nearly impossible to defend. I thought Butler made the INT and then realized it was a catch. Not sure how anybody defends that.

Butler did get burned on that early play though where he bought the route cut but Sanders went long.
I agree there was the one play where he absolutely got toasted but that was one play. Most of the other plays he was on Sanders and Sanders made some great plays that game.

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sanders burned Butler repeatedly.

Glad I'm not the only one that saw it that way.
Butler was trying so hard that he was biting on fakes way to hard and Sanders played him.

Simple as that.

nefansince75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Numbers do indeed lie they always have people use them all the time in an attempt to manipulate a conversation. Point is Sanders is one of the more difficult receivers to cover he is both quick and fast and runs good routes. Not sure where you got the Butler is one of the fastest players in the NFL with a top time of 4.73 but it's still not the speed of Sanders. And again Sanders is quick and runs great routes all corners in the league struggle with him. Point being is that Butler by no means got "BURNED" that is just a stupid comment, if people would say Sanders got the better of Butler I think most would easily agree with that but BURNED no, no way.
I completely agree. The "numbers don't lie" argument doesn't account for the fact that two players are playing. One could have a good game, the other could have a good game, both could have bad games with one playing worse... etc...etc...

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
6 out of 11 for 137 yards.

I'll cave.

It could have been much worse for Butler if he had given up more, but he held to only catching half the passes thrown his way.
Only allowing a WR to catch half the passes is great for a want to be a number 1 corner in the NFL. The fact that it was only 137 yards on 6 catches is phenomenal....They could have pulled some more of the secondary and stacked the line...

Just kidding of course, Sanders played great. On one play that Sanders did make, they shook hands after Sanders gave the ball to the ref.
Evidence of the respect on both sides.
Butler loves the competition. Can't ask for more than that.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's a crock of shit. Butler played Sander close all game he was almost always dead on him or a half step off. Not sure which game these commentators watched. And I doubt BB or anyone else said anything to him.

Butler did a good job covering and was usually in position.
He missed at least 1 swat.
His recovery speed was not as good as usual.....