• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game #9 Patriots vs Denver Broncos 11/5/2017

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hopefully some of the injured players are healied enough to play in this one.

The Broncos were embarassed today in Philadelphia 51-23. I watched until my cable went out with 9:37 left in the second period.

Interesting stat that I heard was that the Eagles have the #1 Rushing Defense and the Broncos #2. Overall the Broncos had the best defense until today.

Was today and anomaly or are the Broncos that bad?? They literally cut Brock Osweiller three years ago and he's back at starting quarterback. In all honesty, he looked horrible for the little I saw him today.The Eagles held the Broncos to 35 yards rushing today. BO had to pass and he didn't look at all comfortable.

Can the Pats put enough pressure on him to make him look equally bad next Sunday? Can the Patriots contain the Broncos running attack?? Do the Patriots have a loaded gun or will they be missing a bullet or two??

This could be a nail biter, rib tickler or a bucket full of lunch.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No NE won't get that much pressure on BO. NE will make him look like a pro bowl candidate. However, NE will get an interception or two. NE will score enough to squeak out a win. NE 31-28.

TP76

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Denver has been the bane of the Patriots existence... unless Skippy has some new *successful* plan/wrinkle to combat that defense, I don't have high hopes.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Denver has never pummeled the Patriots. Their wins have been close and often the Patriots have just run out of time.

Denver Offense......It's sputtered all year. The biggest problem is QB. Now they're a bit dinged up at RB. None the less, the Patriots have to contain the running game. If they can keep that in check like have the last three weks, it forces them to throw the ball. Crushing the pocket will create pressure and BO and TS have had serious problems with any kind of pressure this year.

Denver Defense.......They gave up 51 to Philly. The D looked totally out of sync. I would expect tht they will be ready for the Patriots, but Brady has always had a good game plan when they've played the Broncos and I'm sure that Josh has watched the Philadelphia game at least 5 times before I finish this post.

Patriots Offense......I'm 100% sure thet the Patriots will at least attempt to run the ball to start. My guess is that they'll be looking for 3 yards per attempt. If they can do that, then play action will work, if not, it's shotgun and go. If the Broncos have the #2 run defense in the NFL, then their loses have been against the passing game or special teams.

Patriots Defense......First they have to contain the running game. The secondary has to play like they've played over the past month. I'm sure that Matt Patricia has warched everything that Philly threw at the Broncos yesterday and is devising very similar personnel and schemes to attempt to do the same thing as the Eagles did.

If the Patriots get Hogan back at least 85% then the passing game should work. I think we'll see him play about 50% off the offensive snaps but Brady will only target him sparingly. If he's a 100%, then Denver will have to keep an extremely close eye on him.

Weather reports are calling for snow in Denver on Tuesday and clearing after that. Sunday will have a low of 36 and a high of 55 with no precipitation.

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Denver has had success against the Pats in Denver and they are a team now playing desperate football. I do feel their secondary has lost a step and the QB situation is horrid in Denver. A part of me say's NE 35 Den 17 but I really feel it will be NE 28 Den 24

MileHigh64

Broncos Fanatic
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,033.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My take:

The Broncos are pissed and will come out on fire. That will spell trouble for the Patriots defense in the first half of the game. On Offense, Denver will be more committed to running the ball and Osweiller will get in a few good throws. Home field gives the Broncos an edge.

Then in the 2nd half, the Broncos putrid offense begins to crumble. Belichick's two weeks of preparation kick in, great half time adjustments are made and Brady begins to assert himself. A valiant effort for the Broncos on Sunday night but they fall short again.

New England: 28
Denver: 17

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Denver has never pummeled the Patriots. Their wins have been close and often the Patriots have just run out of time.

If the Patriots get Hogan back at least 85% then the passing game should work.

I don't want Hogan back this week. I'd like to see Dorsett earn his pay.
Give Hogan another week.....

CreepCreep2014

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know what to expect anymore. Seems Gillmore and Rowe will be back. OK...is that a good thing? Badmosi has gotten better and Jones too. I expect Shea to be back and Harris to be better. Does Brown come back this week? Is Cannon's ankle better or is it Miller vs Waddle?

Gronk should feast on this defense, but will he? Hogan back? Has Dorsett really gotten better and learned the playbook?

IDK...guess I'll watch the game...

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know what to expect anymore. Seems Gillmore and Rowe will be back. OK...is that a good thing? Badmosi has gotten better and Jones too. I expect Shea to be back and Harris to be better. Does Brown come back this week? Is Cannon's ankle better or is it Miller vs Waddle?

Gronk should feast on this defense, but will he? Hogan back? Has Dorsett really gotten better and learned the playbook?

IDK...guess I'll watch the game...
I really think Gilmore is on a short string. 3 weeks max and if he hasn't improved he'll be riding the pine.

I'm with Southie. Unless Hogan is as close to 100% as you can be this time of year give him the week off. Let Denver deal with a full load of Gronk and the RBs coming out of the backfield. Let Dorsett audition to save his job. If he fails let him help untangle the headsets on the sideline for the rest of the season.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How did Dorsett become such a boil on everyone's ass? Brady has targeted him 8 times. He's caught 4 of tem for 85 yards. That's a 21.3 yard per catch ratio. He's played in 3 games. If Brady doesn't throw him the ball he can't do anything.

I'd like to see him get more opportunities, then hang him out to dry if he can't perform. Every WR is dependent on Brady looking his way and throwing the ball at him.

We all know that TB has a trust issue and if he hasn't gained trust in a guy, that guy runs around a lot and doesn't see the ball. This is where Josh or Bill have to step in and tell him to start spreading the ball around more and look for the guys he doesn't usually look for.

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How did Dorsett become such a boil on everyone's ass? Brady has targeted him 8 times. He's caught 4 of tem for 85 yards. That's a 21.3 yard per catch ratio. He's played in 3 games. If Brady doesn't throw him the ball he can't do anything.

I'd like to see him get more opportunities, then hang him out to dry if he can't perform. Every WR is dependent on Brady looking his way and throwing the ball at him.

We all know that TB has a trust issue and if he hasn't gained trust in a guy, that guy runs around a lot and doesn't see the ball. This is where Josh or Bill have to step in and tell him to start spreading the ball around more and look for the guys he doesn't usually look for.

I think because the trade was shitty to begin with. You gave up a now starting QB for a WR to be honest was not really that good or at least I feel was overrated. So lets address the targets, eight times 4 receptions 50%, one of those catches was for 40 yards YAC so it's not as if he is burning teams every time he catches the ball. And maybe there is a reason Brady does not trust him. This is a prove your worth league and he has not done that.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think because the trade was shitty to begin with. You gave up a now starting QB for a WR to be honest was not really that good or at least I feel was overrated. So lets address the targets, eight times 4 receptions 50%, one of those catches was for 40 yards YAC so it's not as if he is burning teams every time he catches the ball. And maybe there is a reason Brady does not trust him. This is a prove your worth league and he has not done that.

Brissett is a starter only because Luck can't get his shoulder healed. He was a stop gap fill-in who just happened to be the best remaining option. AND he sucks as a full time starter. He had no chance of going any further in NE than a third stringer and in this day of flexibility, he can't do anything else.

We all tend to over rate players on the Patriot roster. But it always comes down to who can do the job better. If you have your choice, who would you rather see at RT this week? Cannon or Waddle? Naturally we say Cannon because he's a known quantity and 'we' feel more comfortable with him playing. That being said, is it possible that Waddle may be a better RT against Von Miller than Cannon? Hence, would you rather have Brissett standing on the sideline with a clipboard or have Dorsett playing as a decoy that requires at least one defender to cover him at all times in Denver?? I'd rather have a part timer that Brady may or may not throw at, than a useless QB on the sidline.

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Brissett is a starter only because Luck can't get his shoulder healed. He was a stop gap fill-in who just happened to be the best remaining option. AND he sucks as a full time starter. He had no chance of going any further in NE than a third stringer and in this day of flexibility, he can't do anything else.

We all tend to over rate players on the Patriot roster. But it always comes down to who can do the job better. If you have your choice, who would you rather see at RT this week? Cannon or Waddle? Naturally we say Cannon because he's a known quantity and 'we' feel more comfortable with him playing. That being said, is it possible that Waddle may be a better RT against Von Miller than Cannon? Hence, would you rather have Brissett standing on the sideline with a clipboard or have Dorsett playing as a decoy that requires at least one defender to cover him at all times in Denver?? I'd rather have a part timer that Brady may or may not throw at, than a useless QB on the sidline.
But he is a starter and it was obvious he was going to be when the trade took place. If Brissett sucks as a starter it's equally true of Dorsett. Bottom line does not change we sent a NOW STARTING QB for a SUB PAR BENCHED WR...

I am not over rating anyone. If you feel trading a QB for decoy in the NFL is a good deal well hell, can't argue that logic. :L

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am not over rating anyone. If you feel trading a QB for decoy in the NFL is a good deal well hell, can't argue that logic. :L

I'm done after this.....................

I (me personally) don't care what they got for Brissett. A seldom used WR, a kick holder, a seldom used running back. Anything, anyone who can play in a game. That to me is more valuable than a third string QB who does nothing more than stand on the sideline. That and is inactive for 12 games during the year.

Dorsett has played in more games as a Patriot in less than one year than Brissett did in three.

You have your point of view, I have mine. We'll just have to agree to disagree.

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm done after this.....................

I (me personally) don't care what they got for Brissett. A seldom used WR, a kick holder, a seldom used running back. Anything, anyone who can play in a game. That to me is more valuable than a third string QB who does nothing more than stand on the sideline. That and is inactive for 12 games during the year.

Dorsett has played in more games as a Patriot in less than one year than Brissett did in three.

You have your point of view, I have mine. We'll just have to agree to disagree.

Well, we won't have to agree to disagree I think your'e flat ass wrong now we can agree to disagree on that if you want.

Shoeshine Boy

Humble & Lovable
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah QB's that can actually play are far too valuable a commodity to not care what you receive in a trade for one. Brissett ain't an All Pro, but he's clearly one of the 32 best QB's in the league at the moment and the idea that he would never be more than a #3 QB is absurd.

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah QB's that can actually play are far too valuable a commodity to not care what you receive in a trade for one. Brissett ain't an All Pro, but he's clearly one of the 32 best QB's in the league at the moment and the idea that he would never be more than a #3 QB is absurd.

Here is my thing you knew Jimmy G was gone cost wise it likely was not gonna happen. The Colts were desperate I think we should have targeted a 2nd round pick.

sharkymcwrath

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Apparently I'm in the minority in thinking that Dorsett is going to be a valuable asset to the offense going down the stretch.

And I agree with MileHigh64 that the Broncos are gonna come out swinging but the Pats will put the clamps down in the 2nd half. I agree with Pats 28 Broncos 17.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

He's not on my shitlist - yet. He has to step up here now. Good game to show what you have.....
Brady has to quit looking for Edelman and throw the ball downfield.....

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
November 9, 2017 Transactions
Claimed TE Martellus Bennett off waivers from Green Bay.
Released DL Geneo Grissom.
Signed OL Anthony Fabiano to the practice squad. Released WR Jake Kumerow from the practice squad