• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Game 7: Texas Tech @ West Virginia

WVUDAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is the best drive in a while, got lucky there, should have been picked

DCWV4life

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey special teams just picked us up

DCWV4life

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Team looks good today

WVUDAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, the loss was disappointing, but the team was competitive today. The KR game needs some coaching, QUIT BRINGING THEM OUT OF THE FUCKING ENDZONE!!!!!!!! Play calling is questionable, you are running the ball nearly at will, why the hell throw three in a row and punt? The offense looked good before halftime and right after half, but faltered down the stretch. The defense looked pretty good most of the game, but looked horrible after our first drive of the second half they looked tired. I did not see the fourth quarter, as I had a funeral to go to, but I dont think I missed much.

bbwvfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am still struggling with the loss of a double digit lead in the third quarter.

How many punts did the defense force today... 2?

The defense had 2 opportunities to get an easy INT. Disappointed to see the offense fail to do anything positive in the last qtr and a half.

WVU simply refuses to cover TE's. It is not in their DNA...

Mac_Bridger

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We were playing our safeties 30 yards off the ball the whole game.... Might as well keep them on the sidelines.

WvuDieHard

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,954.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, the loss was disappointing, but the team was competitive today. The KR game needs some coaching, QUIT BRINGING THEM OUT OF THE FUCKING ENDZONE!!!!!!!! Play calling is questionable, you are running the ball nearly at will, why the hell throw three in a row and punt? The offense looked good before halftime and right after half, but faltered down the stretch. The defense looked pretty good most of the game, but looked horrible after our first drive of the second half they looked tired. I did not see the fourth quarter, as I had a funeral to go to, but I dont think I missed much.

Well, we had a funeral here in Morgantown in the 4th quarter. The stench of death was all over the stadium.

WVUDAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have been wondering about our strength and conditioning program, one of the things Fraud wanted was to be in better condition and own the fourth quarter, which happenned for the most part. So far this year, our team seems to wear down in the fourth quarter, a LOT of hands on knees, even on offense.

Mac_Bridger

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dad, a lot of that is from the defense playing so many snaps and not having enough depth. When you look at the great teams they are great because they have enough subs that no one ever wears down. That is the idea behind playing fast, don't let the D off the field to rest.

bbwvfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not just a depth issue... it also involves substitution problems with the uptempo teams. When you don't have time to get kids on and off the field, it creates problems for those remaining in the game.

It is another reason why the system was developed. It is hard to not only be forced to play more snaps, but the wear and tear of what you're doing on the field exhausts you too. Each passing play will find at least one WR going long. Forces the DL to pass rush and chase... forces the DB to cover deep.

Over... and over... and over again...

Anotherwvufan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Depth was not the issue here, strength was. Our DL held their positions on the line and were able to stop the run but they got zero penetration. Late in the game the Tech QB just stood there and waited for the TE to get into the seam. The TE was the one who killed us and we had no answer for. I don't know why we did not double cover him and make the WRs beat us.

On a bright note, we were competitive and could have one this game with another break or two.

DCWV4life

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can't believe how different the line looked went Edger went out....seemed like after that we could not run.