• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Game 6 @ NO

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I told you guys years ago. Lions and Browns were the only two teams that didn't get hooked up. Although the Browns moved to Baltimore which would've been 4 years later after their blackouts.
I don't know what you're getting at.

Blackouts don't really have anything to do with a team on the field.

LionsWhyMe

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,325.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Blackouts don't really have anything to do with a team on the field.
Well yeah, that's why they had blackouts because the games weren't being sold out. I know when I researched it years ago all the way back to 1970, time after time three years later those teams would be in the Superbowl until the 2008 Lions had their blackouts. The Browns were the only other team in 1996 but they moved to Baltimore and won the Superbowl in 2000.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well yeah, that's why they had blackouts because the games weren't being sold out. I know when I researched it years ago all the way back to 1970, time after time three years later those teams would be in the Superbowl until the 2008 Lions had their blackouts. The Browns were the only other team in 1996 but they moved to Baltimore and won the Superbowl in 2000.
Were blackouts rare?

LionsWhyMe

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,325.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know what you're getting at.
The Lions giving up games. Like in 2012 during the 49ers game in week 2... Calvin Johnson in the slot running crossing routes leading three to four defenders to the ball carrier was pretty blatant on stopping the run and shooting themselves in the foot. The Officials even had their hands in the loss.

Were blackouts rare?
If I recall correctly there were like 20 to 25 teams since 1970 to make the Superbowl three years after having Blackouts. The last time the Lions had Blackouts (I think it was 2010) the following year 5 teams had Blackouts. Wow, Blackouts have been rewritten on the internet, teams that didn't have blackouts are now showing blackouts. I wonder if I listed the teams with blackouts here on SportsHoopla back then.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's hard to explain something to the CBS/SportsHoopla Lions fans circle when they can't think outside the box and they believe their always right.
The good Doctor you were speaking with in that link, once told me he was worried his mind was slipping. Went on to tell me how he'd be screwed without his mind. But a guy like me could always get by. Lol, he honestly said that to my face, with a straight face. Had no idea why I could consider him ridiculous.

LionsWhyMe

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,325.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The good Doctor you were speaking with in that link, once told me he was worried his mind was slipping. Went on to tell me how he'd be screwed without his mind. But a guy like me could always get by. Lol, he honestly said that to my face, with a straight face. Had no idea why I could consider him ridiculous.
Losing his mind because of me? He blocked me for taking a different stance than him, which is something I've done since CBS just to make the forum more lively. At times it looked as if TP was doing the same thing here.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Losing his mind because of me? He blocked me for taking a different stance than him, which is something I've done since CBS just to make the forum more lively. At times it looked as if TP was doing the same thing here.
I don't think you were at fault.

He was honestly concerned he was losing his mental faculties. And the underlings of the world, such as myself, don't need their mind, I guess. It was one of the most judgemental things anyone has ever said to me. And it shouldn't have surprised me.

Imo, you're giving TPaul waaay too much credit.

LionsWhyMe

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,325.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think you were at fault.
I don't feel bad if it was...

Imo, you're giving TPaul waaay too much credit.
I wasn't... you guys were all over him like white on rice when I started having PC problems and when I came back he wasn't around anymore. Just thought he was taking a break from the SportsHoopla or was under a different username. This is the only username I have at SportsHoopla.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't feel bad if it was...

I wasn't... you guys were all over him like white on rice when I started having PC problems and when I came back he wasn't around anymore. Just thought he was taking a break from the SportsHoopla or was under a different username. This is the only username I have at SportsHoopla.
This is an Alt tbh.

I joined SportsHoopla as "Iffy". To fuck with gandy, muzz and cleaves.

But Hammer was all over that shit. So I'm stuck bein me.

LionsWhyMe

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,325.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is an Alt tbh.

I joined SportsHoopla as "Iffy". To fuck with gandy, muzz and cleaves.

But Hammer was all over that shit. So I'm stuck bein me.
What was funny on CBS is you guys had my back with my other account because I took the same stance. My main account I took whatever stance you guys were against... if you guys were all over the defense I would pick on the offense and so-on. LOL ...was never called a troll like your Iffy. Made Top 10 with the main account, only Top 1,000 with secondary account.

Last edited:

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What was funny on CBS is you guys had my back with my other account because I took the same stance. My main account I took whatever stance you guys were against... if you guys were all over the defense I would pick on the offense and so-on. LOL ...was never called a troll like your Iffy.
What's this you guys bullshit?

Fuck your couch man.

Winged_Wheel88

ND 14 UM 45
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
giphy.gif

LionsWhyMe

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,325.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What's this you guys bullshit?
C'mon man, you know it's true.

Fuck your couch man.
Lol... it wasn't complete irreverence... like the Lions/Saints playoff game, the CBS inner circle dogged the defense but gave the offense a pass. My main account I picked on the offense and gave the defense a pass. TBB was the first to come to the rescue of my secondary account followed by you guys. There was only one other person that gave the offense crap in that debate besides me.

Last edited:

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
C'mon man, you know it's true.

Lol... it wasn't complete irreverence... like the Lions/Saints playoff game, the CBS inner circle dogged the defense but gave the offense a pass. My main account I picked on the offense and gave the defense a pass. TBB was the first to come to the rescue of my secondary account followed by you guys. Their was only one other person that gave the offense crap in that debate besides me.
IMG_5317.GIF