• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game 5 Northwestern Homecoming week

SoShady

QB Factory
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Time for a regroup especially on offense. Not really sure what they can really fix. If the offensive line can't protect Hack at all it's going to be a long season. They can't run block against legitimate FBS talent. So you see tons of short routes that the defense can sit on. Hack trying to force it into small windows and tons of drops. Shocking how bad the RB's and TE's look in the new offense. Geno and DeSean have been great that's about it. Maybe Franklin needs to take play calling off Donovan's hands. So many head scratching calls every week. Total abandonment of the run game. If the defense can just pin it's ears back every play Hacks going to be killed.

Ritzarmy

RIP WLK Loving father, husband, & friend to ALL
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,145.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Get ready for ESPN to show this over and over and over again. ESPN loves to only show bad things about PSU and nothing good. I bet this play will be on Not Top plays for months just like the Mark Sanchez butt fumble. :L

ESPN: The Worldwide Leader In Sports

The link isn't working. Well we had two players block each other, like Florida did last year.

linebackeru

Caught in a Mosh
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The defense looked OK today, our offense on the other hand reminded me of the early 2000s in that they couldn't get anything going...

If we don't figure out how to jump start this offense and keep it going, this is going to be a LONG season...

Defense looked like shit in first half. They missed countless tackles and really missed Wartman in coverage. Cabinda is good playing downhill, but he was lost and got killed by TE across middle.

This offense is far better than those teams, if you think its even close, you have a very bad memory. Those teams had very little skill and were slow as molasses. We still win 7-8

linebackeru

Caught in a Mosh
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Time for a regroup especially on offense. Not really sure what they can really fix. If the offensive line can't protect Hack at all it's going to be a long season. They can't run block against legitimate FBS talent. So you see tons of short routes that the defense can sit on. Hack trying to force it into small windows and tons of drops. Shocking how bad the RB's and TE's look in the new offense. Geno and DeSean have been great that's about it. Maybe Franklin needs to take play calling off Donovan's hands. So many head scratching calls every week. Total abandonment of the run game. If the defense can just pin it's ears back every play Hacks going to be killed.

The OL actually graded out decent SAturday, Hack had time to throw and a nice pocket enough times to win that game. He was just eratic, the RB's and TE's never picked up a blitz when it came and when Hack did throw a nice pass, Geno, Belton or James would drop it. The OL wasn't as bad as everyone is making it out to be. That was a complete team effort shit show, you have games like that with very young teams. They'll regroup, Diff will be back and give team a boost against Mich or OSU

People need to step away from ledge, we aren't as good as people thought when we were 4-0 and we aren't as bad as that one loss showed

bonham

We are
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The OL actually graded out decent SAturday, Hack had time to throw and a nice pocket enough times to win that game. He was just eratic, the RB's and TE's never picked up a blitz when it came and when Hack did throw a nice pass, Geno, Belton or James would drop it. The OL wasn't as bad as everyone is making it out to be. That was a complete team effort shit show, you have games like that with very young teams. They'll regroup, Diff will be back and give team a boost against Mich or OSU

People need to step away from ledge, we aren't as good as people thought when we were 4-0 and we aren't as bad as that one loss showed

Thanks, that helps me calm down a bit. Still thinking we can beat Michigan?

Didn't like to see Hack and Belton get into that argument on the sideline, but I guess they were both just frustrated.

linebackeru

Caught in a Mosh
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thanks, that helps me calm down a bit. Still thinking we can beat Michigan?

Didn't like to see Hack and Belton get into that argument on the sideline, but I guess they were both just frustrated.

Hack and Belton showing some fire is a good thing for me. Belton actually tweeted how he loves Hack like a brother, hack replied the same...brothers fight....I think Belton was trying to get Hack settled and refocused and Hack was way too fired up.

Yes, Michigan is in shambles and their line is terrible as well. Hack is definitely better than their QB and their only weapon is Funchess. I would have Amos follow him around all day long.

Michigan is in a tailspin, coach is a lame duck and its a matter of time till the full blown mutiny after this Morris debacle.

thehobocop

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hack and Belton showing some fire is a good thing for me. Belton actually tweeted how he loves Hack like a brother, hack replied the same...brothers fight....I think Belton was trying to get Hack settled and refocused and Hack was way too fired up.

Yes, Michigan is in shambles and their line is terrible as well. Hack is definitely better than their QB and their only weapon is Funchess. I would have Amos follow him around all day long.

Michigan is in a tailspin, coach is a lame duck and its a matter of time till the full blown mutiny after this Morris debacle.

I can't wait till Hoke gets canned and all of their recruits are back on the market. Hopefully Newsome will give us a second look :suds:

linebackeru

Caught in a Mosh
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bye Week...

WOW, what a week for PSU to be off. So many good games and big upsets, got to enjoy watching many of them.

Also, for those who were jumping off the bridges last week, the NW loss doesn't look quite as bad now. We just happened to be the team they put it all together against and we played below our best, perfect storm.

Franklin was out all over Maryland in a Helicopter visiting recruits and offering 2016 kids.....also a couple commits to other schools were paid a visit.

Can't wait to get back to football and a reeling Michigan team that is on brink of total implosion

Ritzarmy

RIP WLK Loving father, husband, & friend to ALL
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,145.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just hope Michigan doesn't recover against us. It was a great week to be off to prepare for Michigan then another week off to prepare for OSU.

Last edited by a moderator:

linebackeru

Caught in a Mosh
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just hope Michigan doesn't recover against us. It was a great week to be off to prepare for Michigan then another week off to prepare for OSU.

Michigan has been in tailspin since last year, something like 3-10 in last 13 games

Its been 2570 days since Michigan beat PSU in football:suds: