• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Game 4: Seahawks vs Colts

dude82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wouldn't be the least bit surprised to see McKissick get the most touches coming out of the backfield next week. Lacy or Rawls might start (I don't think the team can afford to make either of them healthy scratches anymore), but McKissick gives the Hawks the most options in terms of plays they can call when he's out there compared to either of the other two guys. I'm hoping that Carson's injury is just a broken ankle and not a broken ankle plus torn ligaments. Not that a broken ankle is a fast healing injury by itself, but ligament damage on top of a broken bone would pretty much guarantee we don't see him again this season.

On a related injury note...

Seahawks lineman hospitalized with reported heart issue after Colts game

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Probably not going to contribute anything new to the already 14 pages in the thread, but...

I know it was just the Colts, but that 2nd half is what I've been waiting to see. Good teams should thump bad ones at home, and that's exactly what happened. After the half.

If I have a gripe, I wish they would let Russell cut it loose earlier in games. Or maybe we just have an identity crisis on O? Whatever we've tried to be in the first half doesn’t seem to be who we truly are.

It's just the shits about Carson's injury. Do we go to full committee mode now? I guess Lacy looked ok last night, but it seems McKissic may now be more involved as well. Prosise still will be if healthy, and the door is probably open for Rawls to get some opportunities.

I think I heard on the radio today that we've plucked Quinton Jefferson off the Rams(?) practice squad, so he's back with the team it appears. Hopefully that's a move in reaction to Carson going down and not a sign that we are worried that we'll be without Avril for a while.

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
More of a update.

Broken ankle for what i have been reading

Yeah I heard that, I think they're saying fracture which is a lot better than a clean break ... that means he can possibly come back later in the year... MAYBE... Just depends...

AceKeptic

Free Agent from Elsewhere
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I did find it funny last night that Walsh was sent out during halftime to go practice his kicking. How often do we see this, really?

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I did find it funny last night that Walsh was sent out during halftime to go practice his kicking. How often do we see this, really?
Not sure but I heard he missed almost all of the practice kicks. Meh, I say mostly "no news." He's missed 1 XP and 1 FG in 4 games, right? That doesnt pull him anywhere below average.

FirebreathingMonkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Carroll: Seahawks’ Chris Carson needs surgery; Cliff Avril out ‘a while’ with neck injury

undergo surgery Tuesday to repair a high ankle sprain and small leg fracture. The injury is similar to one suffered previously by fellow Seahawks RB Thomas Rawls.

Carson was placed on the injured reserve Monday, though it doesn’t necessarily rule him out for a return this season as they could use the return option on him. Carson has an “outside shot” to return to the Seahawks this season, Carroll said

Defensive end Cliff Avril was kicked in the chin by Jacoby Brisset’s heel while trying to tackle the Colts quarterback, causing him a spinal injury that left him briefly without feeling in his hands.

Carroll: Seahawks' Chris Carson needs surgery; Cliff Avril out 'a while' with neck injury

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not sure but I heard he missed almost all of the practice kicks. Meh, I say mostly "no news." He's missed 1 XP and 1 FG in 4 games, right? That doesnt pull him anywhere below average.

Yes, he missed the first six FG's from, 35-40 yards that he attempted while warming up... All to the left... They were covering it on TV...

Uhsplit

Hoopla Cash
$ 805.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I didn't notice that. The half was dedicated to retiring Kenny Easley's #45.
Paul Allen, Peter McLoughlin, John Schneider met at mid field along with Easley, Largent, and Tez's daughter repping #96.
Kickers and punters are usually the 1st ones out practicing as halftime is ending.
What made you say he was sent out?

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I didn't notice that. The half was dedicated to retiring Kenny Easley's #45.
Paul Allen, Peter McLoughlin, John Schneider met at mid field along with Easley, Largent, and Tez's daughter repping #96.
Kickers and punters are usually the 1st ones out practicing as halftime is ending.
What made you say he was sent out?

They talked about it at the beginning of the 3rd quarter...

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They talked about it at the beginning of the 3rd quarter...

I thought they said he came back out on his own to practice? Either way let's hope Walsh gets his head on straight.

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Probably not going to contribute anything new to the already 14 pages in the thread, but...

I know it was just the Colts, but that 2nd half is what I've been waiting to see. Good teams should thump bad ones at home, and that's exactly what happened. After the half.

If I have a gripe, I wish they would let Russell cut it loose earlier in games. Or maybe we just have an identity crisis on O? Whatever we've tried to be in the first half doesn’t seem to be who we truly are.

It's just the shits about Carson's injury. Do we go to full committee mode now? I guess Lacy looked ok last night, but it seems McKissic may now be more involved as well. Prosise still will be if healthy, and the door is probably open for Rawls to get some opportunities.

I think I heard on the radio today that we've plucked Quinton Jefferson off the Rams(?) practice squad, so he's back with the team it appears. Hopefully that's a move in reaction to Carson going down and not a sign that we are worried that we'll be without Avril for a while.

I'm wondering if PC and company need to get a feel how the o-line will preform before he cuts RW loose.

dude82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Carson injury sucks, but the Odhiambo and Avril injuries are legitimately scary.

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Carson injury sucks, but the Odhiambo and Avril injuries are legitimately scary.

A bruised heart and neck stingers to cause numbness are brutal injuries. It may take some time but hopefully they can come back healthy down the line.

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Losing Carson and Avril hurts no doubt but losing Odhiambo ( who was burned repeatedly last night AGAIN!) is very minor. Against the Titans Tobin looked better than Odhiambo when he replaced him.

seattlefan75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why do we have to ask ourselves that? The Cards only beat them by 3 pts... It's not like ALuck has been that good of late when he's been playing... He's actually struggled...

I mean with Andrew Luck the colts are capable of making it to the superbowl if it wasnt for the patriots? They beat us last time we played them when they had luck

blstoker

Bill Bergen for HoF!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,816.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I mean with Andrew Luck the colts are capable of making it to the superbowl if it wasnt for the patriots? They beat us last time we played them when they had luck

Not even close. The Colts are just 10-12 over the last 2 seasons with Luck (7-7 without him) as their starter. Not really sure he would have been better tha Brissett in that game

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not even close. The Colts are just 10-12 over the last 2 seasons with Luck (7-7 without him) as their starter. Not really sure he would have been better tha Brissett in that game

Yeah Matt H. was a Better QB for Indy than Luck was before he got hurt lol. I know saying that might bend a few noses but Luck has been dynamic and explosive and turn over prone! He doesn't have the "team" to be turning over the ball as much as he does. Wilson would have a much better Record than Luck if he was playing for the Colts. Thankfully we got Wilson lol.

dkmightyhammer

Livin' la vida loca
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes, he missed the first six FG's from, 35-40 yards that he attempted while warming up... All to the left... They were covering it on TV...

There was an article (maybe ESPN?) talking about Walsh coming out and kicking FG's at the half. They said it looked bad because he missed 6 times, but they also said he may not have missed at all. They said kickers will often pick one upright to aim at in order to hone their aim into a tight spot. They think he was actually just aiming at the left upright and not actually trying to kick FG's at all. It makes sense when you watch that clip they showed of him. All his kicks narrowly miss the left upright, one even hits it. So maybe it was not as bad as it appeared.