• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Game 4: Seahawks vs Colts

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yeah, unfortunately... RW just said he heard something and that's why he jumped in as quick as he did to get the defenders off him...
Yeah, that's what I was commenting on. When he said that it was clear this is bad. Really really bad.

Destroydacre

Throws stuff out windows
Hoopla Cash
$ 90.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He has a pocket it is there, its not being obliterated immediately but he just starts scrambling and creates sacks on his on. He has been doing this for years and its extremely irritating.

I don't disagree with you on that. Much better 2nd half from Wilson and the line was better too. It was good to see.

Destroydacre

Throws stuff out windows
Hoopla Cash
$ 90.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That 2nd half is how this team needs to play all the time. Let's see if they can keep it going. They haven't had much success against the Rams in recent years, so we'll see how they perform next Sunday.

Itsmytime

I love Beer.
Hoopla Cash
$ 6.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't disagree with you on that. Much better 2nd half from Wilson and the line was better too. It was good to see.

It was very good to see. I just wish Pete Carroll will just let the team revolve around Wilson because when it does... He balls out and the running game gets going.

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They have to stop having such utter crap first halves though or they can't get enough of their games in the middle of the season to get to where they want to be.

Judge Fudge

One Pretty Kinky Bastard
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,151.20
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They have to stop having such utter crap first halves though or they can't get enough of their games in the middle of the season to get to where they want to be.

I agree. We need to be a fast paced car not a old piece of junk

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
8 TD's in the past 7 quarters for the offense...

That is a trap stat, The offense didn't score a TD the whole first half of the Colts game. The Defense out scored the offense in the first half.

seattlefan75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We have to ask ourselves......what would this game look like if Andrew Luck was playing?

Judge Fudge

One Pretty Kinky Bastard
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,151.20
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We have to ask ourselves......what would this game look like if Andrew Luck was playing?

More of these.....

1116-3-large.jpg

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I"m not liking all the man coverages Richards is calling, we've totally went away from what our identity was with the cover 3 heavy defense.. I think cover 3 having Earl play center field was our biggest strength... I don't mind some man coverage and mixing it up, but Richards is really going heavy on that... By the way what's the word on Carson ? #@$^@# I was pissed about that... Didn't look good ..

Judge Fudge

One Pretty Kinky Bastard
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,151.20
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I"m not liking all the man coverages Richards is calling, we've totally went away from what our identity was with the cover 3 heavy defense.. I think cover 3 having Earl play center field was our biggest strength... I don't mind some man coverage and mixing it up, but Richards is really going heavy on that... By the way what's the word on Carson ? #@$^@# I was pissed about that... Didn't look good ..

Last i read. Significant injury to his ankle.

Good news because there might be a chance of him returning before the end of the season

dude82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know it's frustrating when there seems to be a pocket for Wilson to throw from and he takes off instead, but I can't fault him entirely for not trusting that any clean pocket he does get is going to stay clean for more than a couple seconds. For five-plus years, he's had an offensive line that could be described as being anywhere from awful to occasionally competent. That offensive line play has caused him to develop a habit of bailing after a certain amount of time and that habit isn't going to go away until he's confident that he will have a clean pocket to step up into consistently. I don't think we've reached a point with this year's offensive line where we can be confident that he's going to have a consistently clean pocket.

It's easy for us to see a clean pocket for more than a couple of seconds and say that Wilson could and should have stayed put or stepped up because we haven't been the ones running from, ducking and sidestepping defenders that seem to come out of nowhere on a regular basis for the past 5+ years. How can we all of a sudden expect Wilson to trust an offensive line that hasn't been there for him much over the past 5+ years when his brain has been trained to expect immediate or near-immediate pressure on almost every play?

Dr. Strangelove

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@dude82, exactly right. Did you guys see the graphic the broadcast crew put up about being pressured since RW has been in the league. 2nd, 3rd, 4th most in the league every year. And some ungodly number about it being under 2 seconds.
My only frustration with Russ at times is when he is getting sacked and tries to get rid of the ball with unorthodox tosses. Trying to do too much are disasters waiting to happen and he needs to sometimes just take the sack and move on to the next down. He just needs to tuck the ball and protect it.
As for Carson, if it is just a high ankle sprain or something like it, that would be a miracle. That looked like it had Joe Theisman written all over it. I hope the kid will be okay. The other backs need to step up.

MKHawk

KFFL Refugee
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I don't love it either, but we're not getting consistent pressure with the front four (which is shocking to me and worries me more than anything else - that's supposed to be a strength, especially with Sheldon Richardson aboard.) If we can't get consistent pressure with the front four he has to call blitzes.

Sheldon Richardson really needs to start showing up. I didn't see anything from him last night.

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That is a trap stat, The offense didn't score a TD the whole first half of the Colts game. The Defense out scored the offense in the first half.

Trap stat? LOL... Why are you always so negative and pessimistic?

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Why do we have to ask ourselves that? The Cards only beat them by 3 pts... It's not like ALuck has been that good of late when he's been playing... He's actually struggled...

Last edited:

dude82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@dude82, exactly right. Did you guys see the graphic the broadcast crew put up about being pressured since RW has been in the league. 2nd, 3rd, 4th most in the league every year. And some ungodly number about it being under 2 seconds.
My only frustration with Russ at times is when he is getting sacked and tries to get rid of the ball with unorthodox tosses. Trying to do too much are disasters waiting to happen and he needs to sometimes just take the sack and move on to the next down. He just needs to tuck the ball and protect it.
As for Carson, if it is just a high ankle sprain or something like it, that would be a miracle. That looked like it had Joe Theisman written all over it. I hope the kid will be okay. The other backs need to step up.

I can agree with that. It doesn't work often enough to be worth the risk, in my opinion.

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't love it either, but we're not getting consistent pressure with the front four (which is shocking to me and worries me more than anything else - that's supposed to be a strength, especially with Sheldon Richardson aboard.) If we can't get consistent pressure with the front four he has to call blitzes.

Sheldon Richardson really needs to start showing up. I didn't see anything from him last night.

Blitzing is ok from time to time... But even without crazy pressure the cover 3 was SO successful for us, I"d still like to see it more, I miss seeing Kam run up and pop people, Earl also... When there locked man they can't do that... I agree though, front 4 isn't getting the pressure like we all expected, hopefully that will start happening as we roll along..

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Last i read. Significant injury to his ankle.

Good news because there might be a chance of him returning before the end of the season

Thanks for the update, hopefully it's not season ending...