• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

GAME 4: Oklahoma vs. WVU

CoolBeans

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
First off, hats off to GoldRusher for being closest on last weeks prediction thread. He called for a 38-34 win, the final was 40-37. Great Job!

This WVU team has got me excited. I think they can do great things. I think they can win nine games now; in August I was picking 3-4 wins. Shows what I know.

Still.... I watched Oklahoma play Tennessee. You will see a Heisman Trophy finalist this Saturday. He is on the DEFENSIVE SIDE of the ball. Look for the Linebacker with the odd number 19.... Eric Striker. This guy, IMHO, is the best player I've seen up until today this season. He's a Rover-Linebacker type that is very instinctive, fast, strong despite only being 225lbs at the Linebacker.

I think we struggle in this one. Oklahoma may be competing for the national title come January. Barring injury.... I think they win it all. Don't be down Mountaineer fans after this one. We'll do better than 'Bama did in the Sugar Bowl.

Oklahoma 38
WVU 27

I'd love to be wrong though.... GET THE UPSET BOYS!

Anotherwvufan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What a difference a year makes. One big difference this year: both teams have capable QBs. Last year was a defensive struggle and I think this year we will see another shootout. Keep the ST mistakes to a minimum and we have a good chance.

WVU 46 Ok 44 3OT game

DBAR4WVU

Blue & Gold until I die
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For whatever reason, WV has played OK tight the past 2 seasons - even though OK was clearly the better team. We can hope our guys take what they have learned the past 2 seasons and grab on to the OK team and hold on tight.

I also watched a bit of the Tenn-OK game on Saturday to size up the competition. The final score showed a 4 score difference, but Tenn hurt themselves and gave up some big plays. I think WVU plays it much closer. But after they blew a huge lead last week, if they play like that this week - they will not pull it out. OK is not MD by a long shot. They deserve their top 5 rank.

WVU has to score when they make it to the red zone. That cost them against 'Bama and it will cost them this weekend if they cannot convert.

outofyourmind

Oklahoma Sooners
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oklahoma 38
WVU 34

Ought to be a good game to watch.
Good Luck
:suds:

Kevin12773

Boomer Sooner
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's why they play the games. Morgantown at night with the mountaineers playing good football is a tough task.Obviously I want and think the Sooners are up for it but they'll be no cocking off from me. This is one of the games before the season started I had as a "worry" game and nothing that has happened so far has changed my mind. Good luck but not too much on Saturday.

Mike

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lambert gets a chance again this week at the end of regulation and makes it good.

WVU 40

OU 38

GoldRusher

Hoopla Cash
$ 768.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll make my pick later this week but good news on our front as (from Holgosens presser) it seems none of the injured players that had to go out during the Maryland game will miss the OU game. Huge news if Shell is 100% Saturday. That said I agree OU has looked great so far and this will be a stiff challenge for them heading into the hills with a top 5 ranking at night.
That place WILL be a zoo, guarantee you that.

DBAR4WVU

Blue & Gold until I die
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A rather warm fall night in Morgantown... hopefully in front of a packed house. I would love to see a new attendance record set in our Big12 era. I doubt the home crowd will intimidate this OK team, but if we gotta play them, I like it in front of a packed stadium full of pumped up (and curteous) fans.

'Bama was a good test on the road and I liked what I saw. But for handful of dropped passes and a few bad throws, the outcome could have been very different. I am hopeful, but realize what the team is up against with this Sooner juggernaut. Bring it....

WvuDieHard

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,954.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lets see.......I am gonna look at some facts here.....1)Much improved WV club 2) a QB who threw for 500+yards on Saturday 3) a team that should have beat Bama but the refs absolutely robbed them in the 2nd half (yes they did shoot themselves in the foot as well) 4) 5 running backs capable of carrying the ball (wont be able to key on anybody) 5) 2 all star stud recievers ( Kevin White will be palying on sunday children) 6) Packed house on a saturday night with liquered up rowdy fans 7) a team that looks like it expects to win 8) a defense that looks better every week ( gotta believe Bradley has already made a difference) 9) an Oklahoma team that will not take WV seriously 10) a national audience. Got the makings of an upset fellows. WV 41 OK 37.

KansasSooner

Aces & eights
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lets see.......I am gonna look at some facts here.....1)Much improved WV club 2) a QB who threw for 500+yards on Saturday 3) a team that should have beat Bama but the refs absolutely robbed them in the 2nd half (yes they did shoot themselves in the foot as well) 4) 5 running backs capable of carrying the ball (wont be able to key on anybody) 5) 2 all star stud recievers ( Kevin White will be palying on sunday children) 6) Packed house on a saturday night with liquered up rowdy fans 7) a team that looks like it expects to win 8) a defense that looks better every week ( gotta believe Bradley has already made a difference) 9) an Oklahoma team that will not take WV seriously 10) a national audience. Got the makings of an upset fellows. WV 41 OK 37.

You forgot to mention that QB will be running for his life when Striker strikes!

WVUDAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
six games in the series, OU leads 4-2, two blowout losses in the stone age, two blowout wins separated by 25 years, two hard fought close losses the last two years. WVU has played up to the good teams on the schedule since the ass whippin LSU put on us in 2011, so I see this one may play out just like the last two, UNLESS the STs give up several plays, get kicks blocked, make stupid decisions on returns. IF WVU keeps the mistakes in check, we compete, 35-31. IF WVU gives away the ball several times, then it could get ugly, 45-21.

bbwvfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
DC started a thread preseason asking us what our predictions were for the first 4 games.

I predicted WVU would upset OU. I stand by that today.

Kevin12773

Boomer Sooner
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Not buying #9... OU will take them seriously

Anotherwvufan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You forgot to mention that QB will be running for his life when Striker strikes!

We only put up 767 yards and 49 points against you last time you came to Morgantown. Don't worry, when Striker comes a blitzing, Clint is going outside.

WvuDieHard

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,954.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bring all that confidence to Morgantown where you will find a sharp needle awaiting your balloon.

Mac_Bridger

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm sticking by my preseason prediction.

WVU 38
OU 34

I think this is a great OU team and they will be hard to beat. In fact,. this will be their only loss this year. All the mistakes from Maryland get cleaned up and WVU plays a near perfect game.

DrPhil58

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Close Game

Boy, just in time. Back from deployment, missed you guys. Living here in Oklahoma is fun though. My prediction is that this will be a close game but WVU will come up a little short. I hope I'm wrong, but my head tells me that it will be the Sooners who will prevail. OK 38 WVU 31.

outofyourmind

Oklahoma Sooners
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Boy, just in time. Back from deployment, missed you guys. Living here in Oklahoma is fun though. My prediction is that this will be a close game but WVU will come up a little short. I hope I'm wrong, but my head tells me that it will be the Sooners who will prevail. OK 38 WVU 31.

where in Oklahoma???

DrPhil58

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fort Sill, OK or Lawton, OK for those in the backwoods.:lol: