• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Game # 3: Patriots V Texans 9-23-17

nefansince75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm sure Bill is grateful for you removing your head from his ass for a minute to reply. And I will definitely take a bow. Have a great night Lemming!
Why the fuck you calling me out on a different thread jerk. I have my opinions, you have yours. I don't harp on any one choice because I view each decision factors in elements of the entire team and it's worked for almost twenty years. You whine all you want about arbitrary fallout while I enjoy the sum of it all.

Name three better coaches? or even two.... or one. YOU CAN'T. Me pointing that out is a long way from your bullshit.

cheerupcharlie

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why the fuck you calling me out on a different thread jerk. I have my opinions, you have yours. I don't harp on any one choice because I view each decision factors in elements of the entire team and it's worked for almost twenty years. You whine all you want about arbitrary fallout while I enjoy the sum of it all.

Name three better coaches? or even two.... or one. YOU CAN'T. Me pointing that out is a long way from your bullshit.

Because you called me out for not liking what Coach B did with the WR situation. Yet other people can say he botched it with other moves and you're dead silent. Be consistent with your criticisms. Is that clear enough for you? You can return your head to his sphincter now. Lemming.

nefansince75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Because you called me out for not liking what Coach B did with the WR situation. Yet other people can say he botched it with other moves and you're dead silent. Be consistent with your criticisms. Is that clear enough for you? You can return your head to his sphincter now. Lemming.
I never (NEVER) calleded you out. I responded to a post with my opinion. There's a difference between not liking a decision and not understanding there a reason behind it. I'm silent because, though I may not like each move I get the sum of all decisions is what matters. I don't like we got rid of Brissett when we could have recieved a premium pick for JG... But I'm not complaining.

I'm completely consistent you moron.

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am just completely unimpressed with our defense this year, especially the D-Line. The only pressure they seem to apply is to our offense hoping that unit can keep us in the game. As a whole the D just sucks this year, and they really need to figure this out.

The O-line got bent over, lubed and pounded there effort was lack luster as well. Hogan sure finds a way to get open, way open, wide the F open, teams can keep ignoring him if they want but they will pay. Cooks had a great game nice deep threat to keep the secondary honest.

A win is a win and Ill take but this team has got to play better.

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am just completely unimpressed with our defense this year, especially the D-Line. The only pressure they seem to apply is to our offense hoping that unit can keep us in the game. As a whole the D just sucks this year, and they really need to figure this out.

The O-line got bent over, lubed and pounded there effort was lack luster as well. Hogan sure finds a way to get open, way open, wide the F open, teams can keep ignoring him if they want but they will pay. Cooks had a great game nice deep threat to keep the secondary honest.

The D is atrocious!! How Brady didn't throw them under the bus on WEEI this am is beyond me (naw, it's not, he doesn't do that sort of thing). Nate Solder is awful and gets beat way too often.

This was a hell of a win all things considering but never should have gotten that way

nefansince75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I'm not always impressed with Hogan. He never comes down with the difficult catches, but I'll give him a break because the catches are difficult. Half of him being open is almost always the scheme, whether a crossing route or a reverse which freezes his guy at the line. Where he gets his grade must be a combination of selling it well, which is a function of doing certain things on every play, and then break away speed which takes full advantage of any deke. Despite my criticism above, I cannot deny the man makes plays!

nefansince75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I'm not sure the D is that different from prior years with one exception. Usually one or two guys show up and just make plays that make a difference. Maybe those guys will develop as the year goes on.... But the whole team showed up to keep the game under a touchdown before that final drive. If they don't we're all here bitching and moaning and the trolls are having a field day.

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not always impressed with Hogan. He never comes down with the difficult catches, but I'll give him a break because the catches are difficult. Half of him being open is almost always the scheme, whether a crossing route or a reverse which freezes his guy at the line. Where he gets his grade must be a combination of selling it well, which is a function of doing certain things on every play, and then break away speed which takes full advantage of any deke. Despite my criticism above, I cannot deny the man makes plays!
He was open by 15 yards or better yesterday, someone screwed the pooch, but that is his niche he always seems to get to open spot on the field. I agree he is not a spectacular type player but he seem pretty reliable to me.

cheerupcharlie

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I never (NEVER) calleded you out. I responded to a post with my opinion. There's a difference between not liking a decision and not understanding there a reason behind it. I'm silent because, though I may not like each move I get the sum of all decisions is what matters. I don't like we got rid of Brissett when we could have recieved a premium pick for JG... But I'm not complaining.

I'm completely consistent you moron.

Um..ok. The only thing consistent about you is the depth you insert your cranium up Coach B's asshole. Lemming

nefansince75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Um..ok. The only thing consistent about you is the depth you insert your cranium up Coach B's asshole. Lemming
Lemming? You fucking asshole. This team does nothing but win. What the fuck is your problem @GrowthefuckupCharlie.

Am I supposed to rip my boss even though he pays me fairly? Yeah, you the man!

cheerupcharlie

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lemming? You fucking asshole. This team does nothing but win. What the fuck is your problem @GrowthefuckupCharlie.

Am I supposed to rip my boss even though he pays me fairly? Yeah, you the man!

Looks like you're my problem Lemming. That's great you're boss pays you fairly. Not many people swallow. You've earned that big pay check! Bravo!

nefansince75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looks like you're my problem Lemming. That's great you're boss pays you fairly. Not many people swallow. You've earned that big pay check! Bravo!
Looks like you are your own worst problem.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Charlie and NEPats..................Enough is enough. Take the he said she said outside. Everyone is getting sick of you two turning every thread into shit slinging contest........WE DON'T CARE..!!!!!!! Your egos are getting the best of both of you. Charlie... you started it, now let it go. NEpats......take breath and don't respond.

Thank you from the rest of the posters who've gone elsewhere during this tirade.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Now, back to the football......

Defense. The truth is that the defense was pretty good against the run and the pass. They lost control when Watson made the decision to leave the pocket. Our defensive linemen were not fast enough to catch him. They took extremely bad angles and missed nearly every tackle.

The secondary didn't do badly. They were good in the coverage until the play got to be 5,6,7 or 8 seconds along and Watson started moving. Once that happened they had problems with the new turf and there were a lot of bodies on the ground with no contact.

Belichick and Patricia are going to have to come up with a scheme or two if the Patriots have to face another quick, mobile quarterback.

They face Cam Newton this week. He doesn't have anywhere near the mobility he had three years ago. His mobility has killed him because of the hits he's taken.

Then they go to Tampa Bay. Winston is mobile and he has some receivers so the Patriots will have to teach Wise how to come up, turn in and close the edge and not let him get outside. Hightower may have to do some practicing also.

After that it's the Jets in NY. They'll be dealing with a pocket QB who can't get outside.

Then the pure pocket passer in Matt Ryan and the Falcons. Followed by the Chargers and then a Bye Week.

We all know what happens after the Bye. It's a trip to Denver and then Mexico City. Too far out to deal with now.

nefansince75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Charlie and NEPats..................Enough is enough. Take the he said she said outside. Everyone is getting sick of you two turning every thread into shit slinging contest........WE DON'T CARE..!!!!!!! Your egos are getting the best of both of you. Charlie... you started it, now let it go. NEpats......take breath and don't respond.

Thank you from the rest of the posters who've gone elsewhere during this tirade.
Come on Ken... We're easy enough to ignore. Besides, I'm still waiting for his list of coaches better than BB. I'm sure the entire board could use the laugh.

PatsFan2003

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Most definitely liked the guts out of Watson. He's a rookie and has lots to learn and improve on but holy cow he's a helluva player.

Just hope everybody will be patient enough to let him grow into an NFL quarterback.

Looking to extend plays rather than run is the way to go. He certainly frustrated the hell out of the Patriots and their fans!. He's got to avoid getting injured. RGIII looked great his rookie year and then he got hammered one too many times.

I would like Houston more if we didn't play them so often. One place where the Patriots influence is clear. I think they've come a long way from the letterman jackets.