• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Game # 3: Patriots V Texans 9-23-17

TP76

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thank god for TB12, he masked a multitude of sins.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cooks TD catch could have gone either way. Patriots got the call and that's all that counts. Tough win but still a win.

Announcers were so pro Houston it was really tough to watch with the sound on. Watson's arm strength, extreme quickness, ability to read and react, calmness under pressure. The new GOAT.

Oooppss, sorry, Watson couldn't call a time out at the end of the game. Instead of just calling it with 10 seconds, he's looking to O'Brien whether or not to call a TO and wasted 7 seconds.

cheerupcharlie

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Solder has given up two huge hits/sacks on Brady. He sucks against a speed rusher.

I blame Belichick for not beefing up the offensive line 3 years ago. The O-Line will cost this team a chance to go very far this year. Gillislee has been chipping Watt for LaWaddle.

The backs and receivers apparently don't know where the first down marker is. So far, three passes on 3rd down have been short of the marker. One was saved by a penalty but Gronk got 4 instead of six and Lewis got three instead of 7.

Coach B being criticized? Blasphemy! Wait until @nefansince75 gets his head out of Coach B's ass! You're gonna get it!

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wait... I thought Tom Brady couldn't throw the deep ball!

Cooks!!!!!!!!!!

ohiopatsfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Didn't get the game out here so had to watch the screen crawl at the bottom of the Browns game. By the way, nobody better tell me that the Browns are getting closer. Close only counts in horseshoes. Back to the Pats, it sounds like the Texans D line just teed off on Brady (5 sacks) and Houston controlled the line of scrimmage on both sides of the ball. I'm hearing a lot of talk about Solder being a non-factor in the blocking for Brady. I know he has had serious physical problems and he may be at the end of his rope. When can Garcia come back? I know he's just a rookie, but at least he knows the system. Good left tackles are really hard to find. I had hoped last year that TE Mike Williams might be a candidate for left tackle. BB may have waited one year too long to find Solder's replacement. I can only hope that this team gels as the season goes on.

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Didn't get the game out here so had to watch the screen crawl at the bottom of the Browns game. By the way, nobody better tell me that the Browns are getting closer. Close only counts in horseshoes. Back to the Pats, it sounds like the Texans D line just teed off on Brady (5 sacks) and Houston controlled the line of scrimmage on both sides of the ball. I'm hearing a lot of talk about Solder being a non-factor in the blocking for Brady. I know he has had serious physical problems and he may be at the end of his rope. When can Garcia come back? I know he's just a rookie, but at least he knows the system. Good left tackles are really hard to find. I had hoped last year that TE Mike Williams might be a candidate for left tackle. BB may have waited one year too long to find Solder's replacement. I can only hope that this team gels as the season goes on.

Missed most of the game because I was driving home but what I saw I wanted to shoot the defense and Solder. I just don't get how this team can have the D like they have.. No pressure really all game on Watson and they just looked lost out there...

Solder was getting beat left and right and should have gotten Brady killed or at least it seems like he very likely could soon...... Gronk stayed in for protection and I didn't like the play calling on O by BB and company in the 4th quarter... it seemed like they were just mailing it in and trying to run out the clock with the running plays.. It worked out in the end but honestly they probably should have lost this game

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So much of that game was Watson making plays after avoiding sacks like a maniac.

The Patriots D certainly needs work.

Watson is a rookie but he wasn't playing like one today... Most rookies would have tucked it and ran but when he looked to take off he still had his eyes downfield

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Absolutely. Very smart. There were many times it looked like the Patriots had him and he got away.

That he is... Though the non time-out call was on him.. However where were the coaches on the sideline to call the TO?

I can't believe how many times Watson broke tackles which he should have been sacked (and I only saw basically the 4th quarter)

PatsFan2003

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That he is... Though the non time-out call was on him.. However where were the coaches on the sideline to call the TO?

I can't believe how many times Watson broke tackles which he should have been sacked (and I only saw basically the 4th quarter)

I actually thought he called it sooner as well. but I ain't complaining.

In general the Patriots seemed to be doing it right in terms of keeping him contained but just weren't fast enough and the D was on the field a lot in the 2nd half.

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I actually thought he called it sooner as well. but I ain't complaining.

In general the Patriots seemed to be doing it right in terms of keeping him contained but just weren't fast enough and the D was on the field a lot in the 2nd half.

Yeah, he did... maybe with like 15 seconds left. However the receiver (can't remember who caught it) claiming he called a time out once he was on the ground was terrible, he never made the gesture...

They kept him contained for the most part... However they didn't do their job and got torched once again

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The time out.....Watson was asking O'Brien if he could called it. That was a no brainer. $th quarter, 10 seconds left. Call the time out and ask the coach what he wants you to do on the final play. Watson was not giving the time out signal, he was even shrugging his shoulders as he looked to the bench.

Patriots defense....horrible tackling for the third straight week. They were totally exhausted by the fourth quarter and just couldn't catch Watson. Looked very bad not catching him. Patriots defense has given up 92 points in three games......31 points per.......Lucky that Brady has been able to find his receivers for 12 TDs.

Patriots OL.....Solder has always had trouble with rushers who have speed. He generally is able to extend his arms and force a speed rusher to go wide. He doesn't have the foot speed to catch up with some of these guys and
he looked just plain awful on several plays. Andrews was not much better.

Bill has got to find a serviceable left tackle to come in and give Solder a break when the team is up against the exterior guys who are strong enough to knock down Solder's arm and cut back inside.

This is going to be a tough year if the Patriots keep playing like they have.

nefansince75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Coach B being criticized? Blasphemy! Wait until @nefansince75 gets his head out of Coach B's ass! You're gonna get it!
Fuck off dick head. There's a difference between judging the entireity of his work collectively and being a judgemental prick. Take a bow prick.

RobToxin

Roid Raging
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.08
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One of these days, the curse of the letterman jacket will be lifted and we will finally get you.

I just hope I am alive to see it, dammit!

TP76

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One of these days, the curse of the letterman jacket will be lifted and we will finally get you.

I just hope I am alive to see it, dammit!

Looks like you have a keeper at QB, pretty impressive performance by Watson, and that defense is still nasty. Future looks bright, I don't think you'll be waiting too long.

cheerupcharlie

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fuck off dick head. There's a difference between judging the entireity of his work collectively and being a judgemental prick. Take a bow prick.

I'm sure Bill is grateful for you removing your head from his ass for a minute to reply. And I will definitely take a bow. Have a great night Lemming!

RobToxin

Roid Raging
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.08
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looks like you have a keeper at QB, pretty impressive performance by Watson, and that defense is still nasty. Future looks bright, I don't think you'll be waiting too long.

Most definitely liked the guts out of Watson. He's a rookie and has lots to learn and improve on but holy cow he's a helluva player.

Just hope everybody will be patient enough to let him grow into an NFL quarterback.