• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game #2 Patriots vs New Orleans Saints 9/17/2017

SDGuy73

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,159.39
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looks like Brady will be throwing to hot dog vendors next. Injuries are going to end this team. Pats cashed in all their chips for that comeback in the SB.

Mind boggling with all the injuries.

Sorry, Austin Carr for not keeping you. You are missed.

Get ready Lucian.

ohiopatsfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Devin Lucien was signed by the Colts. WR's on the Pats' PS are Demarcus Ayers and Cody Hollister.

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Devin Lucien was signed by the Colts. WR's on the Pats' PS are Demarcus Ayers and Cody Hollister.

pull an Eagles and run an open try-out?

SDGuy73

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,159.39
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
WhenTF did that happen?

Sept 15th

The Indianapolis Colts have signed free agent wide receiver Fred Brown to the practice squad. They also placed wide receiver Devin Lucien on the practice squad injured list.

Brown (6-1, 196, 23) was with the Colts during training camp and made it onto their practice squad. However, he was released from the practice squad earlier this week on Tuesday. During the preseason, he caught 7 passes for 99 yards (14.1 avg) and 1 touchdown.

Lucien was actually signed this week when Brown was waived. Lucien was with the New England Patriots this offseason and was on their practice squad all of 2016.

Colts Sign Fred Brown to Practice Squad, Devin Lucien to PS Injured List

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lucien was hurt during the second or third preseason game. I remember seeing him limping on the sideline.`

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well my Monday assessment of Sunday.

Coaching: Hats off to McDaniels he and I suspect BB came up with a game plan the was effective against a weak NO secondary and required due to limited resources at the WR position. The plan was both well executed and put together well. Thank God we have RBs that can catch.

Offense: As depleted as they were they executed well, they hit on most cylinders if the timing, and trust develop with Cooks and Dorsett we have a legit shot at getting through this rough spot as it relates to injuries. I thought the O-Line looked real solid Tom looked comfy all day.

Defense: The line looked better this week which is to say it at least looked like they were putting pressure on Brees, let's keep in mind that NO O-line was beat up. Wise is looking good he will command double teams real soon if not now. If Rivers shows the same potential when healthy we could have nice bookends. I was pleased with secondary although I still think there is work to be done there. Butler was hittin yesterday

STs. Mehh other than a missed FG they are what they are typically a solid unit.

Houston will be a challenge that defense could provide the Pats some issues if we end up missing more pieces.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anyone notice who the starting corners were for the Patriots???

Gilmore and Johnathan Jones. Butler did not play in the first Saints offensive series.

I was not impressed with coverage by Butler or Gilmore yesterday. Jones was outstanding. He had three defended passes. Two which he physically knocked the ball out of the receivers' hands.

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Gilmore and Johnathan Jones. Butler did not play in the first Saints offensive series.

I was not impressed with coverage by Butler or Gilmore yesterday. Jones was outstanding. He had three defended passes. Two which he physically knocked the ball out of the receivers' hands.
Yeah he was on point yesterday, Brees decided to pick on him and he rose to the occasion.

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well my Monday assessment of Sunday.

Coaching: Hats off to McDaniels he and I suspect BB came up with a game plan the was effective against a weak NO secondary and required due to limited resources at the WR position. The plan was both well executed and put together well. Thank God we have RBs that can catch.

Offense: As depleted as they were they executed well, they hit on most cylinders if the timing, and trust develop with Cooks and Dorsett we have a legit shot at getting through this rough spot as it relates to injuries. I thought the O-Line looked real solid Tom looked comfy all day.

Defense: The line looked better this week which is to say it at least looked like they were putting pressure on Brees, let's keep in mind that NO O-line was beat up. Wise is looking good he will command double teams real soon if not now. If Rivers shows the same potential when healthy we could have nice bookends. I was pleased with secondary although I still think there is work to be done there. Butler was hittin yesterday

STs. Mehh other than a missed FG they are what they are typically a solid unit.

Houston will be a challenge that defense could provide the Pats some issues if we end up missing more pieces.

Wise did look good. But that's about it. They are still a bend but don't break defense that don't look very impressive at all. If they played an offense that could actually score at will, like the Falcons or Steelers they could be in some serious trouble

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Word was it was because he wasn't as tall and big as the Saints receivers

CreepCreep2014

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Word was it was because he wasn't as tall and big as the Saints receivers

Agree here. I thought Rowe was the starter, at least that is what was being reported. Not sure why we start Jones over Butler due to size, aren't they pretty similar in size? NO has some big ( 6-4 and 6-6) WR on the outside, so I can see why Rowe started. AS BB says, it's about the match-ups.