• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game #2 Patriots vs New Orleans Saints 9/17/2017

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It'll be a match up of 0-1 teams. The Patriots losing to the Chiefs at home took a lot of wind from the sails of the Foxboro Faithful. The Saints played on the road in a "semi"-Dome and didn't look much better than the defense of 2015 (32nd) or 2016 (31st).

Belichick didn't react to the loss the same way has historically. He has usually had the team in full pads on Tuesday and Wednesday and they were usually on the field for a really brutal 4-5 hour practice. He didn't have this year's team on the field on Saturday. Most were at Gillette on Saturday reviewing their own performance on film. Those that needed it, were in the trainer's room. The Patriots have been in full pads all week and the coaching staff is trying to figure out why communication on the field was so bad.

Looks like the Patriots will be without Donta Hightower on defense and Danny Amendola on offense. No names have been given as to who will fill in. Elandon Roberts will most likely fill in for Hightower with David Harris, Harvey Langi, Marquis Flowers and Carl Van Noy getting significant playing time.

Amendola will be sorely missed as will his 7 catches for 184 yards. Phillip Dorsett will be forced to step up and show the patriots that trading Jacoby Brissett for him wasn't a big mistake.

Drew Brees had a really tough game as the Vikings put him on his back a lot and when they didn't, he was running for his life. He doesn't have the WRs that he's been so reliant on over the past 7-8 years and the ones he does have certainly didn't appear to be on the page. He does have a good group of RBs behind him but the Vikes closed all of the doors at the line of scrimmage and forced Brees to throw.

Hopefully, the Patriots will rebound and start to look at least, a little like the world champions that they are.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My hard drive crashed hard yesterday. My computer is a 2009 edition and the cost of repair was more than a new tower. I'm really struggling with Windows10. I finally have a browser but finding it again may be a challenge. I think I have to go to Barnes and Noble and buy Windows 10 for Dummies. This dummy may not be a regular again until I figure out this system.

sharkymcwrath

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My hard drive crashed hard yesterday. My computer is a 2009 edition and the cost of repair was more than a new tower. I'm really struggling with Windows10. I finally have a browser but finding it again may be a challenge. I think I have to go to Barnes and Noble and buy Windows 10 for Dummies. This dummy may not be a regular again until I figure out this system.

At risk of sounding like an Apple "fanboy" go get yourself a new Mac and leave the PC crap to the people that have time for that. Mac's just work. I have to use a PC for my day job and I absolutely hate it. The IT guys are constantly working on it. I push my Mac at home way harder and I've never had a single problem ever.

PatriotMissile

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
At risk of sounding like an Apple "fanboy" go get yourself a new Mac and leave the PC crap to the people that have time for that. Mac's just work. I have to use a PC for my day job and I absolutely hate it. The IT guys are constantly working on it. I push my Mac at home way harder and I've never had a single problem ever.

As you can see I never post. However I do read this forum multiple times weekly and enjoy all of the comments and info you all provide, so if I can be of some help and give my advice, here goes.....

Sharky is 100% correct. I made the Mac jump back in 2008 and never looked back. The problem is they can be a bit pricy and they don't upgrade (hardware) easily. The iMacs in particular. This is why I build my own Mac. I love the OS so much I just build my own beast so i can upgrade it whenever i want. (i7 6700, 32gb nVidia 1070 gpu) Basically a PC tower, with 2 separate SSD drives for mac and Windows. I only use windows 10 for gaming, the thoughts of using it full time would make me want to puke, its too complicated and to much BS! Mac is user friendly, self maintains itself, NO VIRUSES, and just works... period.

I'd suggest looking at the Mac minis. They are reasonably priced if you don't require a powerful computer (no gaming, video processing etc) but just fine for internet usage. I have 2 older friends in their 70s that run these no problem.

Good luck

nefansince75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No Raspberry PI fans here?

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hightower and DA OUT for this game...

This sucks!

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thanks guys for the advice and recommendation.

I use the PC for email, banking, investing and SportsHoopla.

My last one lasted 8 years without a problem and just died Thursday.

Can't afford $1600 for a toy. I also need an extremely large monitor.
Mine is 29" dia. Along with everything else, my eyes are bad.

Thanks for the input. Much, Much appreciated.

CreepCreep2014

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Richards and Chung are the LB, we're fucked. I think we can shut down Thomas and Ginn deep, but Fleener and those RB over the middle can Be An Issue.

PatriotMissile

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Mac mini starts at $500.... you use your own monitor. It would be perfect for your needs.

nefansince75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Raspberry PI is $35, but count on about $100 for case, memory card and peripherals. It ain't fast but would beat your 8 yr old heap. Most of the work to set it up and get it going are covered in YTube. That might be an issue if you don't have another device that connects to YouTube/internet.

cheerupcharlie

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Patriots need the victory here. Mainly for personal reasons. My daughter married a huge Saints fan, who converted my traitorous daughter to be a Saints fan. 20+ years of preaching Patriots love down the drain. The Patriots must win!

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I hate windows 10. I'm on my Mother In Law's computer right now - windows 10.
I have windows 7 at work and I bought a very good laptop with windows 7. It is a gaming computer and I was told gaming is better on windows 7. I don't play games but It is a very good computer with great graphics - good for AutoCAD.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Brady is having a great day. He's thrown 3 TDs in the first half and he's thrown for 313 yards.

The defense is starting to gel a bit. They gave up a TD but other than that they've stopped the Saints and on the Saints' last possession, they ended a drive on the 23 on 4th and 3. The DL is getting pressure on Brees and forcing him to throw early a lot.

Can TB throw for 600+ and 6 TDs????

30-13 at the half.

sharkymcwrath

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Somehow it feels like NE will need to just keep scoring to win even though they hold a pretty nice lead.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Patriots only brought three WRs today.

Gronk is on his way to the locker room, probably for an MRI of his back.

Hogan has been limping for the last series.

White is going to have be the third WR and possibly Lewis will be the 4th.

Dwayne Allen just plain sucks.

Dude

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,999.86
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gilleslie the new Blount. But younger.