• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game #10 Patriots vs Oakland Raiders in Mexico City, Mexico

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Patriots made the decision to stay in Denver rather than go to San Diego. BB felt that staying in Denver and praticing in Denver will better acclimate the team to the higher altitude in Mexico City. Pats are scheduled to fly out Friday midday, arrive in Mexico City and get settled in their hotel by dinner. They will have a walk through at the stadium Saturday afternoon.

The game is scheduled for Sunday November 19 at 4:25 PM EST.

The Raiders are an enigma....at 5-4 they beat the Chiefs 31-30 and lose to the Bills 34-14. They've won 2, lost 2, won 2, lost 2 and beat the Dolphins 27-24 before their Bye this week. Will they be the team that beat the Jets 45-10 or the one that lost to the Broncos 16-10??

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I heard they were staying in Denver which IMO makes a lot of sense. I feel the way the Pats are playing right now they should take this game.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good move staying in CO. Not sure what's up with Oakland? This part of the schedule was supposed to be the toughest b4 Denver and Oakland started shitting the bed. NE takes this game handily I think. :hope:

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It appears that Oakland is the Dr. Jeckyl and Mr. Hyde of the NFL this season. Never sure who's going to be playing. I think they'll come out swinging. Pats OL has to be aware of 6 and 7 man blitzes. Bray has to be prepared to get rid of the ball fast.

After Oakland The Pats go home and play the Dolphins then it's three on the road against the Bills, Dolphins and the Big One against the Steelers. Home for the final two against Buffalo and the Jets.

On ESPN NFL Live they were saying that if the Steelers beat the Patriots December 19 and get the Home Field Advantage that they'll win the Super Bowl. I guess that they think the Steelers and Patriots will both be
11-2 when they meet.

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It appears that Oakland is the Dr. Jeckyl and Mr. Hyde of the NFL this season. Never sure who's going to be playing. I think they'll come out swinging. Pats OL has to be aware of 6 and 7 man blitzes. Bray has to be prepared to get rid of the ball fast.

After Oakland The Pats go home and play the Dolphins then it's three on the road against the Bills, Dolphins and the Big One against the Steelers. Home for the final two against Buffalo and the Jets.

On ESPN NFL Live they were saying that if the Steelers beat the Patriots December 19 and get the Home Field Advantage that they'll win the Super Bowl. I guess that they think the Steelers and Patriots will both be
11-2 when they meet.

Meh.
Pats have had better luck at Heinz Field than they have at some stadiums.
I think Foxboro would be a bigger disadvantage for the Steelers than Pittsburgh would be for the Pats.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
eh.
Pats have had better luck at Heinz Field than they have at some stadiums.
I think Foxboro would be a bigger disadvantage for the Steelers than Pittsburgh would be for the Pats.

The Patriots were 8-0 on the road last year and are 4-0 on the road this year.

BB doesn't allow other teams' home field advantage to be a distraction. Brady has said in the past that he loves the atmosphere in Heinz. Some people get their juices flowing when the crowds are against them.

TP76

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mike Kensil (head of operations - NFL International) is probably having "free Laser night" for all Raider fans.

Brock-Osweiller-Laser-640x480.jpg

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Let's hope there is no let-down from the beating they put on the Broncos and they fall flat to the Raiders.

Do I start Amari Cooper is the question of the night however.

SDGuy73

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,159.39
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
DOrj5FOUIAA77AX.jpg:large

SDGuy73

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,159.39
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

CreepCreep2014

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Let's hope there is no let-down from the beating they put on the Broncos and they fall flat to the Raiders.

Do I start Amari Cooper is the question of the night however.

No let down...this team can smell blood in the AFC. They're let down is usually after the bye, and well we saw how that went.

Yes to Cooper. I am starting him. Don't see Oak running much.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Patriots will run straight at yje middle of the Raiders' defense. They're built to rush the passer with high speed DE's who don't even pay attention to the RBs.

Oddly, the Raiders have stayed in Oakland to practice and Del Rio says that altitude doesn't bother the Raiders. I'm not a doctor, but I have a hard time believing that exertion at seas level is no different than exertion at 7300 feet above sea level. My guess is that exerting oneself almost a mile and a half above seas level would be become extremely exhausting if you lived at that level, let alone not even trying to prepare for the thinner air and atmospheric change.

I think that the Raiders are in for a rude awakening..................

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Patriots will run straight at yje middle of the Raiders' defense. They're built to rush the passer with high speed DE's who don't even pay attention to the RBs.

Oddly, the Raiders have stayed in Oakland to practice and Del Rio says that altitude doesn't bother the Raiders. I'm not a doctor, but I have a hard time believing that exertion at seas level is no different than exertion at 7300 feet above sea level. My guess is that exerting oneself almost a mile and a half above seas level would be become extremely exhausting if you lived at that level, let alone not even trying to prepare for the thinner air and atmospheric change.

I agree the Pats can pound the ball which is only going to open up passing plays. I would love a heavy does of run plays.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I see a repeat of the SB. That D is going to be gassed come the 3rd and 4th QTR.
Go Pats

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
NFL Network reported today that the Raiders have been spending most their practices on stationary bikes with oxygen masks that restrict their breathing. I don't understand the similarity between hitting other people and riding a bike at altitude. The pats have been practicing all week at 6800 feet above seas level. The game is at 7200 feet. The Raiders will be able to breath but it'll be on their backs.

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No let down...this team can smell blood in the AFC. They're let down is usually after the bye, and well we saw how that went.

Yes to Cooper. I am starting him. Don't see Oak running much.

Yeah BB won't let them do it... Hogan being out still sucks! Ok, I will start Cooper... I didn't the time he got like 40 points... I somehow managed to win by like .5 points thanks to a player who I can't remember right now

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Del Rio said he didn't think they would be comparing methods after, but time would tell which one worked better...

Hmmm...What method?
Additional blood carries additional oxygen...Are the Raiders going to get blood transfusions?
Maybe all the Raiders had blood drawn and frozen awhile back???

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The research on altitude performance can be confusing.....
Some research shows that going to high altitude a week before a performance can be detrimental...
Some research shows that going to high altitude 2 weeks before performance can prove successful...

I have done the high altitude turnaround successfully, I have found that athletes can handle the quick turnaround easily. The best way to handle the turnaround is an extended stay.

I'm going to assume the patriots have done their research and so have the Raiders......

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Patriots have announced that four players are definitely out for Sunday's game against the Raiders.

1. Chris Hogan.....shoulder had improved but they don't want to risk further damage. He also had several minor injuries that he was dealing with that an extended rest will help aleviate.

2. David Andrews....Not sure exactly what 'illness' he dealing with. He may have a severe case of the flu or it could be something that the team will not discuss. He's missed practices in the past for 'undisclosed illness.' Ted Karras will be playing the center position. Karras is much bigger and this is one of games where arras may be able to put Andrews on the shelf.

3. Marcus Cannon.....Has a severely sprained ankle. LaAdriann Waddle played an outstanding game last week and BB has total confidence that he can handle Kalil Mack.

4. Matthew Slater......He pulled a hamstring in Denver. This is an injury that BB hates. He doesn't care if your Tom Brady or Tom Nobody. If you stretch properly and stretch hard, hamstrings generally don't cause problems.

Offensive line is very thin with two guys on the sidelines. May see someone activated from the PS if Cannon doesn't practice this coming week.