• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game 1 vs Oakland Recap

CRYSTAL LAKE

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What a first half! This team was clicking on all cylinders, and we saw marked improvement out of Tokoto. While James got the start in the post, it was obvious that Meeks is going to be the man in the middle before long. He is such a good passer. While Oakland is not the caliber of opponent the Heels will face this year, I was still very impressed by the Heels playing without PJ and LMac. I still can't get over how thin Johnson is, and that is after he supposedly added 20 lbs of muscle in the offseason. I think the second half we saw the team somewhat coast, mail it in, whatever reference you want to use.

A thought also struck me after the game, and that is this group of freshman and sophomores (basically everyone but McAdoo last night) will most likely all be 4 year players. That my friends is a very solid core for the foreseeable future.

It is so great to have Tar Heel basketball back!

CRYSTAL LAKE

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One other comment, if the refs keep calling the games this tight, the Heels will really benefit. They will have so much more freedom to move and they are deep, so foul trouble shouldn't affect them as much as other teams. I liked the way the game opened up with less hand checking and holding.

Louie26

Beavers Suck
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,238.10
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How did Tokoto play?? I see he posted 31 minutes, most of anyone I think.

I heard some rumblings late last season of him getting out of Chapel Hill because of the lack of time. But see Roy has him now starting.

Hope to see the Heels be a season long top 10.

CRYSTAL LAKE

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Like most of the team, Tokoto had a strong first half. 4 of 5 from the floor including a 3, and 4 assists. He was assertive on offense and his form on his shot looked way better than last year. In the second half he was only 1 of 6 and took some questionable shots, not unlike the rest of the team. He will definitely get more playing time this year, and until PJ and / or McDonald are back he will be starting.

Dreezymac

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know it's only Oakland so I'm trying not to get overly excited but these young Heels are lookin good. A lot of high percentage shots and more sync than I expected with the new additions Tokoto is showing improvement and Kennedy Meeks is gonna grow into a beast - very aggressive on both ends of the court! I think Joel James only got the start because he has an extra year experience but at this rate, cant be long before Meeks gets that spot. I'm sure Roy will give McDonald the start but we could easily go back to a regular line up with Hairston at the 2 and Tokoto at the 3

CRYSTAL LAKE

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dreezy, I agree with you that Tokoto may stay in the starting line-up with Hairston. That would allow McDonald to come off the bench and provide outside shooting off the bench. You need that scorer with the second unit so there is always a 3pt threat on the floor.