• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Game 1 vs AZ

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I felt this game was pretty one sided outside of the 1st quarter. We gifted the Cardinals 10 points, it was not 14 because the defense was far more stout than I expected it to be. Outside of that the Lions only entered the 4th Q down because of the bizarre call to go for 2 after the first TD. If they just kick the extra point I think everyone makes far less of a deal about the 4th Q comeback that really wasn't.
No holder really changed things.

Mebert

Not Mebert's Alt
Hoopla Cash
$ 22,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No holder really changed things.

I agree, no holder and no punter really changed the game as well. I think the Lions played better then it appears at first glance. I was way down on the team to start the year, but I am ready to upgrade to cautiously optimistic....that is as high as my hopes get anymore!

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree, no holder and no punter really changed the game as well. I think the Lions played better then it appears at first glance. I was way down on the team to start the year, but I am ready to upgrade to cautiously optimistic....that is as high as my hopes get anymore!
I'm not sure the Cardinals will be worse all year. Even with no DJ.

The Giants looked absolutely pathetic against the Cowboys on Sunday. So if they look more than mediocre on Monday, well, SOS.

Cautiously Optimistic is my ceiling as a Lions fan. The pinnacle of my excitement.

jayfan

{firestan}
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Based on what I read and the stats, It looks like the Lions dominated most of the game and the Cardinals were only in it because of a few early miscues by the Lions. Lions pretty much controlled the second half.
26 straight points in the second half is not dominating? So what would they have to do to dominate like 40 straight points?

I was responding to your statement that it looked like the Lions dominated most of the game. They didn't at all. They were outplayed for most of the game, and then caught fire the final 19 minutes.

Old Lion

Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was responding to your statement that it looked like the Lions dominated most of the game. They didn't at all. They were outplayed for most of the game, and then caught fire the final 19 minutes.

OK, thanks for clarifying. Hopefully I will be able to watch a replay during the week. I heard that Q1 was pretty bad. Didnt realize it was that bad until half way through the third.

Stomp

Lions Homer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Just copy and paste the address from twitter SportsHoopla is setup to do all the work for you(no special tags needed

Old Lion

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not sure the Cardinals will be worse all year. Even with no DJ.

The Giants looked absolutely pathetic against the Cowboys on Sunday. So if they look more than mediocre on Monday, well, SOS.

Cautiously Optimistic is my ceiling as a Lions fan. The pinnacle of my excitement.

Brandon Marshall could not get open to save his life. That offense is nothing without OBJ. Unfortunately, he could be back by Monday. My guess is yes in some capacity. I will do backflips if he is out.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Brandon Marshall could not get open to save his life. That offense is nothing without OBJ. Unfortunately, he could be back by Monday. My guess is yes in some capacity. I will do backflips if he is out.
My Dynasty team really doesn't need to start Marvin Jones again. Lol

But yeah, huge boost to the Lions odds of starting 2-0 if he's out. And I don't think anyone had them pencilled in for that.

Maybe Fog....

Rollingthndr

FantasyFootball Pessimist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He actually argued with a fan on twitter. I'm not as savvy as @Stomp to post it here.

"2 catches for 9 yards. Just retire. #worthless"
to which he replied
"I did what I was asked to do. We won and your upset go drink beer and enjoy the win."

This guy is Charles Rogers part duex.

Old Lion

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My Dynasty team really doesn't need to start Marvin Jones again. Lol

But yeah, huge boost to the Lions odds of starting 2-0 if he's out. And I don't think anyone had them pencilled in for that.

Maybe Fog....

I still have not watched yet, but I saw nothing about missing Taylor Decker at LT either. The fact that noone is talking about it is a good thing.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I still have not watched yet, but I saw nothing about missing Taylor Decker at LT either. The fact that noone is talking about it is a good thing.
well, they can't run the ball.

Out of 15 FD's, 3 were on the ground. With 3ypc.

Staff only got sacked once. But 14 of our 82 rushing yards were Numba Nine on two carries. 7 more were Tate on two carries. And 10 for Mr. Redfern on his one career play. That's 31 out of 82 rushing yards, leaving us with 22 carries for 51 yards by our RBs.

15 for 30 outta baby hands.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think 2/3 FD carries were Staff and Tate, but I can't say that for sure.

Old Lion

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Staff only got sacked once. But 14 of our 82 rushing yards were Numba Nine on two carries. 7 more were Tate on two carries. And 10 for Mr. Redfern on his one career play. That's 31 out of 82 rushing yards, leaving us with 22 carries for 51 yards by our RBs.

Well I dont think he was drafted to be a run blocker so the fact that we cant run lies with the other side of the line where we spend almost 20 mill a year. They need to be better

As far as running the ball, AA and Theo were terrible. Both should just be change of pace backs. The next time either of them runs through someone it will be the first. Wish we drafted Hunt. Washington was not much better and sucked on ST. I would also let Theo return kicks, cut Washington and bring Green and ZZ in.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well I dont think he was drafted to be a run blocker so the fact that we cant run lies with the other side of the line where we spend almost 20 mill a year. They need to be better

As far as running the ball, AA and Theo were terrible. Both should just be change of pace backs. The next time either of them runs through someone it will be the first. Wish we drafted Hunt. Washington was not much better and sucked on ST. I would also let Theo return kicks, cut Washington and bring Green and ZZ in.
Washington should be released.

Nobody would be impressive running for this team imo.

themuzzer

Hoopla Cash
$ 400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is our defense good or did the aging Carson Palmer have a bad day?......It's hard to lose a game when Arizona turned it over so many times.....Did we cause the turnovers or did Palmer fuck up a lot? I don't know the answer, but if Eli Manning shreds us on Monday then I think I have the answer.

Old Lion

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is our defense good or did the aging Carson Palmer have a bad day?......It's hard to lose a game when Arizona turned it over so many times.....Did we cause the turnovers or did Palmer fuck up a lot? I don't know the answer, but if Eli Manning shreds us on Monday then I think I have the answer.

Both. The inside push was good and there were lots of stunts and some blitzes. Palmer got pressured and could not step forward. He also didnt do too much when he had time so...

The defense was much faster then I thought they would be.

Old Lion

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

So I finally watched it. I agree we were not dominating. 2 drives were impressive. Defensively we were better than them for sure. Conversely, we were not outplayed most of the game at all. Other than the clusterfuck in the first quarter, the Lions controlled the rest of the game with the exception of 1 drive at the beginning of the 2nd half.

Rollingthndr

FantasyFootball Pessimist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Redfern's career YPA is sick!