• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Game 1 vs AZ

Old Lion

Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What's the difference between the two?

Both made nice grabs. Both didn't catch other balls. Only you like one and don't like the other. KG also had atleast one of the 13 penalties and was relieved of his duties for a bit. To "relax".

Im most concerned with Zettle being our best Dlineman. Who wants to be Staffs #5 target is minimal to me.

I dont think the drops will continue. Golladay will probably turn into the number 2 target, number 3 at worst. TJ has had plenty of opportunities to prove himself and has continued to screw up. He is nothing more than a backup.

Old Lion

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

PFF Grade

WR KENNY GOLLADAY, 50.6 OVERALL GRADE

His grade may come as a shock to people just looking at the box score, but Golladay’s career did not initially start well, as he dropped two early targets. With the game on the line in the fourth quarter, however, he came through in a big way with two game-sealing touchdown receptions. For the day he caught four of seven targets thrown his way for 69 yards, and Stafford enjoyed a 130.4 rating when targeting him, despite the drops.

Thanks. Only 2 drops, but the third was catchable. And again he was not near 100% coming in. I believe he was even listed as questionable.

Rollingthndr

FantasyFootball Pessimist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Im most concerned with Zettle being our best Dlineman.

Zettle was beasting in the pre-season too. Even dropped back and defended a pass. He has been awesome so far this year. Ashawn Robinson has been great too. If Ngata is ok, our D-line is under rated. Secondary is bad ass too. Cardinals have a ton of talented receivers and our guys held their own.

Rollingthndr

FantasyFootball Pessimist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am more concerned with TJ Jones. Not sure why he getting the benefit of the doubt every year.

TJ made the catch of the game on that ball thrown behind him to keep a drive going. We could do worse for our #4 guy.

Old Lion

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Zettle was beasting in the pre-season too. Even dropped back and defended a pass. He has been awesome so far this year. Ashawn Robinson has been great too. If Ngata is ok, our D-line is under rated. Secondary is bad ass too. Cardinals have a ton of talented receivers and our guys held their own.

It helps when the DBs dont have to worry about defending the run all the time. Having some better LBs will do that for us. Hopefully we do not have any injuries at that position this year because we are thin at LB. The 2 rooks will get better as the season progresses. Wish we held on to Bynes. We could have used one more quality guy in the rotation. Shocked we let A Williams go when Copeland got hurt.

jayfan

{firestan}
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Based on what I read and the stats, It looks like the Lions dominated most of the game and the Cardinals were only in it because of a few early miscues by the Lions. Lions pretty much controlled the second half.

There is hope at least. If OBJ can stay injured 1 more week, we could actually go into the bye week 3-3. I heard from a friend close to the Giants that the injury may be more than a high ankle sprain. OBJ may have a crack or chip in the ankle bone.

I definitely wouldn't say that. The first 3 quarters were pretty tough to watch. I'm not sure the Lions outplayed them, much less dominated them.

The defense did a nice job overall throughout the day.

Last edited:

DetroitDevil

Consoles are for ages 3 and up & broke adults.
Supporting Member Level 2
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Lions=TeHsUcKs

Basketball School
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can't disagree there. That guy is trash. They need to give that McCafferey guy a shot. O'Korn looks like ass cheese too.
And Peters must be a fuccboi to lose the spot to McCafferey

Wazmankg

Half Woke Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thanks. Only 2 drops, but the third was catchable. And again he was not near 100% coming in. I believe he was even listed as questionable.

The 1 over the middle was the only one I'd call a drop.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I dont think the drops will continue. Golladay will probably turn into the number 2 target, number 3 at worst. TJ has had plenty of opportunities to prove himself and has continued to screw up. He is nothing more than a backup.
I hope the drops don't continue.

Did they announce yet that Staff broke Tates hand yesterday? Cuz I'm pretty sure he did.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The 1 over the middle was the only one I'd call a drop.
You guys are a lot more lenient with drops and turnovers than I ever will be.

I'm intolerant of them. There isn't an accepted amount for me that's above zero.

Wazmankg

Half Woke Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You guys are a lot more lenient with drops and turnovers than I ever will be.

I'm intolerant of them. There isn't an accepted amount for me that's above zero.

The DB got his hand in there and knocked it out on the one in the end zone. The other one up the right side would have been a good catch, but a lot of guys would come up with that one I guess.

Old Lion

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I definitely wouldn't say that. The first 3 quarters were pretty tough to watch. I'm not sure the Lions outplayed them, much less dominated them.

The defense did a nice job overall throughout the day.

26 straight points in the second half is not dominating? So what would they have to do to dominate like 40 straight points?

Mebert

Not Mebert's Alt
Hoopla Cash
$ 22,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I felt this game was pretty one sided outside of the 1st quarter. We gifted the Cardinals 10 points, it was not 14 because the defense was far more stout than I expected it to be. Outside of that the Lions only entered the 4th Q down because of the bizarre call to go for 2 after the first TD. If they just kick the extra point I think everyone makes far less of a deal about the 4th Q comeback that really wasn't.