• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game 1 Reactions

herky

YEAH JEETS!!!!!!111
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:burt:

herky

YEAH JEETS!!!!!!111
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good

* We have our running back. The word was that carries were going to be split between Bullock, Malloy, and Garmon. Malloy didn't see the field (could be wrong) and Garmon looked a bit overwhelmed. Bullock, on the other hand ran the ball extremely well. There were many times when he didn't have an opening and was still able to get 4 yards.

* The defense, especially the line, looked good. With the exception of the 73 TD run accounting for nearly half of their rushing yards, the D played well. The secondary had good coverage all game and the DL had some attitude.

Bad

* I hope that we don't end up running Bullock into the ground. We need to get Garmon involved in some plays early to get the jitters out and get him some confidence.

* I wanted to see more Nico Law in this game. I think he can bring a new level of toughness that the D needs and hasn't had since Angerer was there.

* Morris looked really big. And really fucking slow. His freshman year, he flew around and made plays. Gaining strength came at the expense of quickness. The long TD run should not have happened and Morris was a part of that.

* The offensive line should have been a lot better today. That's as nice as I can say it.

Really Fucking Ugly

*21-33 129 yards.

Jesus. Fucking. Christ. We got the ball on a turnover inside the red zone and we run the ball up the middle. They didn't take one shot at the end zone. In fact, they didn't take a shot down field all day. The two times they acted like they were ended up in a sack. The horizontal passing attack is here. I saw more WR screens yesterday than I have in the past 5 years. We don't have the athletes to pull that off.

They better get their shit together because if we play like this against Iowa St, we'll get rolled.

iowajerms

Hoopla Cash
$ 29,091.39
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm glad they faced an athletic QB. Steel Jantz destroyed Iowa last year, now they have some practice against one that did use it effectively.

Fiedorowicz is a beast. I hope Vandenberg can find him, but I'm worried that ISU's LBs are good enough to cover him. Hopefully, Davis or Martin-Manley becomes more reliable.

Iowa completed 3 of 8 passes on 3rd down. incompleted the 3 passes in the first half on 3rd down. They need to improve on that

As long as Bullock doesn't get injured or in trouble, he will be good for Iowa. I just hope he stays at Iowa for a few more years.

With all the new coaches and changes at Iowa, I wasn't expecting Iowa to play very well. They found a few joints that need to be greased. They'll find a few more the next few weeks too. As long as they stay healthy and out of trouble, I still think Iowa can win 8-9 games.