• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Game 1: Kent State Week

linebackeru

Caught in a Mosh
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well everyone, the 2016 season is upon us. This Saturday the Joe Moorhead era of offense starts and I couldn't be more excited. Huddle and punt are now curse words in Happy Valley. Sounds like the young bucks on OL are really stepping up and pressing for PT, especially McGovern and menet...bates already in as starter. Sounds like Mahon is doing well at LT where he's far more comfortable than guard and Nelson is healthy for first time in PSU career at RT. That, combined with the new scheme should really improve OL play. The skill players are off the charts and we have a mobile QB, who just seems to have "IT" and is a winner. Kid was 55-5 at highest level of football in Va and looked good coming in cold off bench in an offense that didn't fit him in bowl...great leader and team really respects/buys in with him and the O. Defense, no worries here for me. Back 7 as good as its been in long time and DL has a very deep rotation with some young talent chomping at bit to make an impression. Kevin Givens is going to be fun to watch at DT.

Anyhow, prediction for this game, which is tough not having seen any of the onfield product other than BW game:

PSU 41-13
Offense MVP : Trace the Ace with big day to get his feet wet
Defensive MVP : Nyheem Wartman White comes back with avengeance
random predictions, Gesecki breaks out and Gilikin booms a few kicks, McGovern plays more than Dowery at RG.

Ritzarmy

RIP WLK Loving father, husband, & friend to ALL
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,145.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
PSU 30-13

AlistairChiss

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
PSU 31 - 16

I think we'll still be trying to find ourselves without showing our hand for the new offense much during the game.

Ritzarmy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,145.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Halftime PSU 16 - Kent St 13. We could be in for a long season if our offense can't get it going. Yes it takes time to jell but come on this is Kent St who won 3 games last year.

AlistairChiss

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah I'm not too thrilled so far. The line isn't exactly looking good against Kent State. Hopefully Morehead makes good adjustments in the locker room, something that Donovan was incapable of doing.

Ritzarmy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,145.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
PSU 30-13

Well I was 3pts off my prediction. Lots hope we improve because our next 2 games can end badly if we don't. Pitt then Michigan - ouch

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not a bad win as McSorely, Barkley and the O got going in the second half for the win. Kent State's front seven kept it close until the second half so PSU will have to address that going into Pissburgh and Michigan coming up.

linebackeru

Caught in a Mosh
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not a bad win as McSorely, Barkley and the O got going in the second half for the win. Kent State's front seven kept it close until the second half so PSU will have to address that going into Pissburgh and Michigan coming up.

Yeah, first half was sloppy on both sides as you'd expect from very young team with new offense. Second half tightened things up and looked much better. Still didn't show much of playbook or varying paces on O...defense looked nasty in 2nd half with much better tackling.