• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Game #1 Kansas City Chiefs vs NE Patriots 9/7/2017

NEhomer

Hoopla Cash
$ 944.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, on paper they looked like world beaters... reality is much, much different.

Can't say I'm impressed with all the additions. They have all these fancy new toys on offense, meanwhile they've neglected the front seven, and it shows.

Team will not contend with the front seven as currently constituted - serious weak sauce.

Give Scar some time.

....you're never as good as your last game and you're never as bad as your last game.

Old Lion

Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pats can not throw deep at all. O-line also not doing well. Once DCs figure this out the offense is going to get smothered. Only teams with crappy front 7s will be beatable. Defense was porous and will not stop too many teams. Luckily Pats play in the weakest division in football and have an automatic 6 wins. They will split the rest of the games and go like 11-5.

NEhomer

Hoopla Cash
$ 944.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What's the OL coach going to do about the dearth of talent among the DL and LB's?

He did well with dearth upon his return the last time. Give him some time.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The defense looked terrible from the git-go. They couldn't put any pressure on Smith at all and when anyone got close, he just ran away. The Pats' DL has no speed and cannot catch a QB with nimble feet. Secondry was decent but not anywhere near as good as expected. Linebacker are trash. KC had a perfect game plan....force man coverage on Hill and the TE and let the other guys go free. Smith looked more like Brady than Brady.

Brady was horrible. His first downfield pass to a wide open Dwayne Allen was 8 yards high and 8 yards too far. not even close. He looked almost lost without his security blanket, Edelman. He doesn't have the confidence in anyone else to try to get a tight pass to. Amendola fumbled threes time last night and by a miracle all three were recovered by Patriot linemen.

In all seriousness, Belichick should have at least two full days of tackling drills. This defense couldn't stop a middle school girls field hockey team last night.

One of two things is going to happen.

1. This game will be the wake-up call that the Miami game was three years ago and the Patriots will pull it together and play like team we thought they could/can be.

2. This is a potential disastrous season where ignoring the defense during the off-season will crucify them and they will be toast come mid January.

TP76

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Marsh subbing for Hightower shows just how bad the situation is at OLB/DE.... guy has been on the squad what, 5 days?

On offense lots of fast new guys but no-one to fill Edelman's roll. Amendola tried but he can't take the hits, too fragile. Waiving Austin Carr looks like a big mistake now - guess we'll see him next week.

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I remember when the Colts were the best team on paper for years, I am a tad worried that some of these new pieces may not work. I still wish we kept Carr

Dusty

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I always liked Andy Reid when he was with the Eagles. I am glad to see him get the win, especially against the Patriots.

cheerupcharlie

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Brady was just horrible. I don't think it has anything to do with not having confidence in the WR's. If that were the case then I guess just run the ball every play. Brady couldn't hit wide open players even when he had all day to pass. These are WR's he's throwing to. They know how to catch. They aren't OL running routes. Brady just had an off night. Unfortunately it happens to the best. He very seldom leaves his wr's out to take a big hit. He did with Amendola. It was just a bad night. Look at his throw after running past the line of scrimmage. He doesn't make that mistake. Then he laughed about it. Shit, if one of the WR's or RB's made that play and laughed.....Brady would have come after him on the sideline.

ohiopatsfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Brady did look a little lost without his favorite receiver and it got even worse when Dola went down with what sounds like a concussion. The injury to Hightower is also troubling. One interesting note is that both Akeen Ayers and Jeremy Ebert were in for tryouts recently. I say this because they are both former Pats and have at least some knowledge of their system. I can see either or both of them added to the roster as substitutes for Dola and Hightower.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can't we just all get along:martini::pop2::drink: