• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Game #1 Kansas City Chiefs vs NE Patriots 9/7/2017

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is the first game of the 2017 season. It's also the first home game and the Super Bowl LI Banner will be unveiled.

Feel free to share you comments and observations.

Football starts for real..........................

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
From the cheap seats........

Offense looks like it will be firing on 7 cylinders. Won't be the same without Julian Edelman but there appears to more than enough depth and talent to keep the ship full steam ahead.

Defense has a couple of question marks. At least to us folks with untrained eyes. Front four and the secondary look solid. It's the linebackers where it appears a couple of bodies could be used.

In Bill we trust. If he's okay with this roster, who the hell am I to doubt him??

Let's get off to a good start.

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well will Gronk be healthy and play well? Will the OL protect Brady? Will the Chiefs defense shut down the offense? Will Hogan click and turn into like Edelman? I think he can.

Should be a terrible weather Thursday so it might turn into who can run the ball better and hold onto the ball. This game might come down to a turnover at the wrong time

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thunderstorms tonight and all day tomorrow and tomorrow night. Rain will taper off on Thursday morning with a high of 72. Weather will dry out during the day and the temps will begin to drop. Expected temps for the game will be between 51 and 58 degrees. Humidity will be around 75%. Should be a nice night for football.

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thunderstorms tonight and all day tomorrow and tomorrow night. Rain will taper off on Thursday morning with a high of 72. Weather will dry out during the day and the temps will begin to drop. Expected temps for the game will be between 51 and 58 degrees. Humidity will be around 75%. Should be a nice night for football.

Guess what I read has changed... Thought it would be rainy and doom and gloom

CreepCreep2014

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I expect NE def to stop KC offense more than KC Def can stop NE offense. No real WR threat and rookie RB. BB will stop the run and Hill and make Alex throw the ball.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is still a game I have no clue who i will cheer for. My guess is come Thursday I will cheer for the Patriots as divisional opponents mean more than out of division rivals. I am interested to see the Pats tackles against the Chiefs pass rushers. I've heard that Justin Houston is finally healthy for the first time in 2 years pretty much. If he is his old self things could get interesting. Chris Jones is the other guy that can actually get pressure up the middle which is one of the few ways to get Brady out of a rhythm. I doubt the CB's though for the chiefs can handle all the weapons that will be thrown at them.

Defensively I think the Pats should be fine. The Chiefs lack a lot of weapons so shut down Kelce and contain Hill and I like the chances of the Chiefs struggling.

nefansince75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Chris Jones is the other guy that can actually get pressure up the middle which is one of the few ways to get Brady out of a rhythm.

He dealt with pressure up the middle last year than any time in his career. Somehow he managed to improved his running and eluded the middle rush.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Patriots are employing the three second pass more now than ever before. Brady is throwing the ball away or throwing it into the ground more than he has in his entire career. Otherwise he's stepping forward in the pocket to gain 2-3 seconds to throw. The biggest problem is when the packet either gets crushed or the tackles have to step back and can't push the end defenders out wide.

I haven't seen the Chiefs at all this preseason and even if I did, I wouldn't expect to see much more than a vanilla defense. No special rush packages or blitzes. Brady certainly has the outside speedsters to make the quick pass work, he just needs support from the OL.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He dealt with pressure up the middle last year than any time in his career. Somehow he managed to improved his running and eluded the middle rush.

I didn't say he can't handle it I just said that if I want to attack the Pats it is up the middle to try and get Brady off his spot and throw off his rhythm. I also flood the quick zone spots with bodies making him have to hold onto the ball a little longer to beat a team at the next level. Not every team out there has the players to do it and even if they do at best they can hope to contain the Pats for a while. Eventually a play will happen.

nefansince75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I didn't say he can't handle it I just said that if I want to attack the Pats it is up the middle to try and get Brady off his spot and throw off his rhythm. I also flood the quick zone spots with bodies making him have to hold onto the ball a little longer to beat a team at the next level. Not every team out there has the players to do it and even if they do at best they can hope to contain the Pats for a while. Eventually a play will happen.
I didn't say you said he couldn't handle it. I said "He dealt with pressure up the middle better last year than any time in his career. Somehow he managed to improve his running and eluded the middle rush."

SDGuy73

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,159.39
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
DJCo6n2XcAA0pvF.jpg:large

SDGuy73

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,159.39
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There is room for 11 SB Banners.

CreepCreep2014

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is still a game I have no clue who i will cheer for. My guess is come Thursday I will cheer for the Patriots as divisional opponents mean more than out of division rivals. I am interested to see the Pats tackles against the Chiefs pass rushers. I've heard that Justin Houston is finally healthy for the first time in 2 years pretty much. If he is his old self things could get interesting. Chris Jones is the other guy that can actually get pressure up the middle which is one of the few ways to get Brady out of a rhythm. I doubt the CB's though for the chiefs can handle all the weapons that will be thrown at them.

Defensively I think the Pats should be fine. The Chiefs lack a lot of weapons so shut down Kelce and contain Hill and I like the chances of the Chiefs struggling.

That's one of the things NE does best, eliminate the speed on the edge with short passes. Agree with up the middle too, hope Andrews got stronger. If those edge guys get a push and they generate something up the middle, TB has no where to really go. Prob keep Devlin in if that's the case, or a RB and slip him out after a quick push. IF Cannon can hold his own, they will give Solder help...

TP76

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hope I'm wrong, but I have a feeling Edelman's absence will be impactful (and not in a good way)... especially early in the season.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hope I'm wrong, but I have a feeling Edelman's absence will be impactful (and not in a good way)... especially early in the season.

Edelman being gone will have an effect every game. There will a time where if he was playing, Brady would get the ball to him and have a first down. Edelman was never a TD machine but he was critical getting the ball moving. Until some one else feels comfortable in the slot and Brady feels 100% comfortable with that guy, it will feel very uncomfortable for us.

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Edelman being gone will have an effect every game. There will a time where if he was playing, Brady would get the ball to him and have a first down. Edelman was never a TD machine but he was critical getting the ball moving. Until some one else feels comfortable in the slot and Brady feels 100% comfortable with that guy, it will feel very uncomfortable for us.

Danny A has been that clutch 1st down machine as well, but the "can he remain healthy" question is a giant thunderhead type cloud over his head.

Old Lion

Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I see the Chiefs trying to slow this game down running and passing short. Interesting to see if Dorsett makes an impact. Game may be closer than many think. Pats should pull it out though.

Shoeshine Boy

Humble & Lovable
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Should be a tough game, but so long as the OL keeps Brady relatively clean, I'd be suprirsed if they lost.

SDGuy73

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,159.39
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I expect the RB's to fill Edelman's rather big role.