• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Gaborik signed 7 years

oxnardkingsfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've read a lot of comments on this trade on various web sites. Some like it because of the low cap hit and others don't due to the length and his past injury history. I just watched him play 26 playoff games without incident and he wasn't shy about going to the front of the net. Maybe it's because he isn't "The Guy" in the Kings lineup and he has more room to operate and doesn't get targeted that he was able to play like that without even a small injury. Don't know but yeah in his history he hasn't had a lot of full seasons played but when he did he scored a lot of goals.

We all wanted this resigning to happen. And without the worry of a no-trade or no-movement clause if needed be he can most likely be moved if he doesn't put up the numbers the Kings need from him.

Ox

Deader2818

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Williams was hurt a lot before he came here. In fact he broke his leg his first year here and then a separated shoulder the 2nd year which wasn't to bad but he wasn't out for long and has been fine the last 3-4 years.

Honestly this team is just stacked and no one here really has to be the guy.

Kings4OT

Suck my Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hate contracts over 4 years and the Kings have a lot of them. These guys brought us 2 championships and I guess in the end I really don't care if these contracts hurt the Kings.....its well deserved money.

Deader2818

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hate contracts over 4 years and the Kings have a lot of them. These guys brought us 2 championships and I guess in the end I really don't care if these contracts hurt the Kings.....its well deserved money.

Its the only way to lock up players while keeping their cap number down.

Psych3man

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gaborik on resigning with Kings, per Blog:

“I won a Cup, and being with this group and this organization made me really feel like at home. Just the winning tradition that really made a difference,” the 32-year-old said.

Beautiful!!