• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Gabe Kapler

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What is wrong with him?

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wtf was up with that situation yesterday?

There are pace of play rules that the league has been very vocal about. Then they basically throw out these rules as well as 100+ years of practice by letting the Phils do whatever they want while tossing the Braves manager. It makes no sense.

Laynes explanation is that he was looking out for Milners health. That is BS. This isn’t little league. If he is in a situation that is dangerous for him, it is up to him (and the Phils staff) to protect him. Not the Umps. If he isn’t ready, use some pitchouts as warm up, or pitch at 80% for the first batter. The Phils should “pay the price” for their fuck up, not the Braves.

Chewbaccer

Illustrious Potentate
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's not off to a good start as manager for the Phillies. Opening day was a head scratcher. Nola was dealing, and it wasn't a one off affair either, Nola has owned the Braves throughout his career. Good chance he goes 8 shutout innings there.

He literally could not have done the Braves a bigger favor than taking Nola out of the game at that point.

He got the win on Friday night(probably because I was sitting behind home plate), but even then, he took out the starter after 4 innings, and the game went 11 innings. Lucky for him, Snit isn't the Einstein of his time either.

And then the whole debacle last night. I've never seen anything like that, and quite frankly, I would have been pissed if Snitker didn't get himself ejected after that.

I understand that Kapler's all about the analytics and stuff, but at the pace he's going, his bullpen is gonna be wore completely down by June. And shifting on Nick Markakis is just dumb. He might only hit 5 homers a year, but if you're gonna give him the entire left side of the infield, he's gonna poke one over there more times than not.

The Derski

No Fat Chicks
Hoopla Cash
$ 418.10
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
First 2 games he used like 15 pitchers in 20 innings.

Diamondeye

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He seems to be in over his head.

Hopefully, his struggles will cause teams to think twice about joining the current trend of overvaluing youth and "relating to players" in their hiring of managers.

Chewbaccer

Illustrious Potentate
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And perhaps my biggest issue with Kapler, is that he defended taking Nola out after only 68 innings by saying the bullpen is one of his team's strengths. Maybe they just had a bad opening series, but that pen looks pretty shaky at best to me, and at the rate he's using them, they'll soon be completely out of gas.

Chewbaccer

Illustrious Potentate
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Warnings, and did the right thing my ass.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seems like a lack of communication, get on the bp phone and ask if he is ready.

That is pretty embarasing though.

gobigred

Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,849,613.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kapler seems like a dumbass. I hope he manages the Phillies for a long time

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Warnings, and did the right thing my ass.
Isn’t there an automatic fine when a manager gets the boot? I hope the league waives it in this case. The whole situation is ridiculous. This is the Major Leagues and the Umps should not be there to help an incompetent manager.

Chewbaccer

Illustrious Potentate
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Isn’t there an automatic fine when a manager gets the boot? I hope the league waives it in this case. The whole situation is ridiculous. This is the Major Leagues and the Umps should not be there to help an incompetent manager.

I'm pretty sure there is a fine that comes with any ejection, haven't found anything on Snitker's fine being enforced or waived, though it should. Even Layne said he understood why Snit was so upset, and think most everyone understands.

And 100% agreed.

If not for the paycheck, I'd be hating life right now if I were a Phillies reliever.

Omar 382

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not going to overreact to 3 games, and like I've said before, I'm more ok with him yanking Nola than most everyone else. I don't think I personally would have done it at the time, but I'm ok with saving the rotation, and outside of Freddie Freeman, the Braves' lineup is pretty mediocre. Our BP should be able to hold a 5 run lead.

That being said, I saw this today:

When asked about the inauspicious beginning to his managerial career, Kapler spoke for more than a minute about the “long view.” How he was thinking about New York. How his lineup is seeing so many pitches. How his hitters have put the fat part of the bat on the ball. How his rotation is filled with a couple of horses. How some of the young pitchers have limitless potential.

Then, he proclaimed his team would make the playoffs.

The fuck? Did he really do that? After a huge fuck up and ass-whupping in which you had to use a position player to pitch and didn't give your reliever enough time to warm up, you talk about the positive things you saw?

And then you proclaim that you're going to make the playoffs? After 3 games (2 of which you lost)?

That shit makes him look like such a tool. How about some results before the playoff proclamations, Kap.

Cedrique

Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

LOL. I miss Buddy Ryan........

Taddy Mason

Hoopla Cash
$ 24,579.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not going to overreact to 3 games, and like I've said before, I'm more ok with him yanking Nola than most everyone else. I don't think I personally would have done it at the time, but I'm ok with saving the rotation, and outside of Freddie Freeman, the Braves' lineup is pretty mediocre. Our BP should be able to hold a 5 run lead.

That being said, I saw this today:

When asked about the inauspicious beginning to his managerial career, Kapler spoke for more than a minute about the “long view.” How he was thinking about New York. How his lineup is seeing so many pitches. How his hitters have put the fat part of the bat on the ball. How his rotation is filled with a couple of horses. How some of the young pitchers have limitless potential.

The fuck? Did he really do that? After a huge fuck up and ass-whupping in which you had to use a position player to pitch and didn't give your reliever enough time to warm up, you talk about the positive things you saw?

And then you proclaim that you're going to make the playoffs? After 3 games (2 of which you lost)?

That shit makes him look like such a tool. How about some results before the playoff proclamations, Kap.
fuck just calling some of his starters work horses was dumb to me. Dude pulled Nola way early. How the fuck you going to have a work horse doing that shit? Especially when his metrics say not to let a pitcher see a lineup a third time. So fucking dumb.

Cedrique

Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Forget Kapler for a second. Why the fuck is Chris Davis leading off for the Orioles? Is Showalter trying to pretend like he knows about analytics or something?

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hope the next pitcher throwing a shut out beats the shit out of the manager that tries to take him out.

Opening day :frusty:

Scapegoat

The iron never lies
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not going to overreact to 3 games, and like I've said before, I'm more ok with him yanking Nola than most everyone else.
Fuck you. That was completely unacceptable. It's a shame he wasn't struck down on his way back to the dugout.