• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Future Sequels

tabascojet

king of cake
Hoopla Cash
$ 554,070.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
so i was joking around with my friend sarcastically about what a fight club 2 might be like (wrath of marla, etc ) and sure as shit one is in the works. :L

and today i see that avatar has 3 sequels in the works....hell i didnt even think the first one was all that great, but i guess being the all time grossing movie people couldnt pass it up

James Cameron Says 'Avatar 2' Delayed Until 2017

Innermind

Lithomancer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
and today i see that avatar has 3 sequels in the works....hell i didnt even think the first one was all that great, but i guess being the all time grossing movie people couldnt pass it up

What's really messed up is that actors Sigourney Weaver and Stephen Lang are signed-on to appear in all 3 Avatar sequels, and NOT in flashback scenes. WTF??

‘Avatar’ Sequels Will Feature Stephen Lang Reprising as Colonel Quaritch

MV5BMTk1MTcyNTE3OV5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwMTA0MTMyMw@@._V1_SX640_SY720_.jpg

Stephen+Lang+BAFTA+Los+Angeles+Awards+Season+t8lAsVzPJvfl.jpg

What are these two actors going to be portraying? A reincarnated tree and a reincarnated red Turok dragon?

jakedog56

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
so i was joking around with my friend sarcastically about what a fight club 2 might be like (wrath of marla, etc ) and sure as shit one is in the works. :L

I don't really care about Avatar, but Fight Club 2?!?

My first reaction was "Really?!? No. No. No." but after reading something about it I think it could be interesting. Chuck Palahniuk is involved so that is good. See the notes below:

"In recent interview with Hustler Magazine, Chuck talked more extensively about the sequel, so we now have what looks like the most commplete plot description of the story. Here goes:
"The sequel will be told from the-- at first-- submerged perspective of Tyler Durden as he observes the day-to-day tedium of the narrator's life. Because 20th Century-Fox created the convention of calling the protagonist Jack, I'm calling him Cornelius. He's living a compromised life with a failing marriage, unsure about his passion for his wife. The typical midlife bullshit. Likewise, Marla is unsatisfied and dreams of accessing the wild man she'd once fallen in love with. She tampers with the small pharmacy of drugs that her husband needs to suppress Tyler, and-- go figure-- Tyler reemerges to terrorize their lives."
Chuck also spoke about the process and inspiration for writing the sequel:
"The sequel has been percolating in my mind for years. My only worry is about presenting it in the form of a graphic novel. The medium shapes the messages, and I'll be relearning how to tell stories. My tendency is to hold the entire plot in my mind until I'm afraid of forgetting it. Once I start writing, I can't stop. That feverish, ill-fed, exhausting stint of writing in the only part of the process that I fear.""

Note that this is a graphic novel and not a movie. I don't see anything about a movie yet.

Last edited by a moderator:

Cleaves2000

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess im in the minority cuz i hated fight club. Thought it was stupid.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nobody is looking foward to Fast & Furious's next installment??? :whistle:

MV5BMTQxOTA2NDUzOV5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTgwNzY2MTMxMzE@._V1._SX140_CR0,0,140,209_.jpg

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
MV5BNjQyMzYxMjI2NV5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTgwODIwNjA2MzE@._V1_SY317_CR2,0,214,317_AL_.jpg

On a more serious note. This one probably has most of my attention...

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
MV5BMjMyNjI3ODQyNV5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTgwNDM5NTk5MjE@._V1_SX214_AL_.jpg

Anyone?