• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Future schedules

Hawkeye

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Our non conf schedule really disappoints me, sheesh, what is wrong with those guys, do we always have to play MAC or like teams? What's wrong with a SEC Kentucky or a Big 12 Kansas or something like that, so annoys me that we play these teams

2014: Aug. 30 — Northern Iowa; Sept. 6 — Ball State; Sept. 13 — Iowa State; Sept. 20 — at Pittsburgh
2015: Sept. 5 — Illinois State; Sept. 12 — at Iowa State; Sept. 19 — Pittsburgh; Sept. 26 — North Texas
2016: Sept. 3 — Miami (Ohio); Sept. 10 — Iowa State; Sept. 17 — North Dakota State
2017: Sept. 2 — Wyoming; Sept. 9 — at Iowa State; Sept. 16. — North Texas
2018: Sept. 1 — Northern Illinois; Sept. 8 — Iowa State; Sept. 15 — Northern Iowa
2019: Aug. 31 — Miami (Ohio); Sept. 14 — at Iowa State; (third opponent TBD)
2020: Sept. 5 — Northern Illinois; Sept. 12 — Iowa State; (third opponent TBD)

Clemenza

Capo
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agree. We've been playing Pitt and N. Illinois for the better part of the past 2 decades (it seems).

Hawkeye

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
it is actually kind of embarrassing to me, I know you get the SEC teams playing Chattanooga and stuff like that as well, but we just never change it up, how about we trade a MAC team for a Citadel or Chattanooga or Samford or heck, bring Troy up north in November...I am so sick of Iowa State as well, I know everyone says good for the state, blah blah blah, but it is a trap game, always will be.

Pretty sad, but until we get a decent non conf, there is no way I feel we will ever be national championship contenders let alone Big Ten conf champ contenders. This is just ridiculous

Clemenza

Capo
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe there is some kind of contract that Iowa is stuck in that prevents them from excluding these MAC teams. I really don't know how any of that works. It just seems odd that we're still playing N. IL year after after into 2020. There has to be some kind of logical reason.

hoopsalot25

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the B1G and MAC have an agreement to play member school's in at least one tilt. Some MAC schools play two B1G opponents in some years. I believe it is a regional-type agreement, and that it is relatively inexpensive for those MAC teams to travel (and vice versa).

Personally, I'm fine with scheduling a MAC team. I really don't want Iowa to schedule Division I-AA opponents. That is a game that hurts more than a MAC opponent.

Sure looks like the "power 65" are trying to ensure that each football program gets 7 home dates for ticket/concession revenues. That might not all happen for each program, but it appears to be a constant work-in-progress for ADs/Schedulers.

Open with a MAC school. Schedule a CUSA school in week 2 and then play ISU before beginning the B1G slate. These could all be regional games.

wingsauce7

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Too bad the Wyo game isn't home and home. I'd love to go up to Laramie for that one.