• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Fully on board with Trubisky

anotheridiot

There will always be someone to blame......
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pace stated that he fielded numerous calls from teams trying to get to 3.

He figured if that many were trying to get to 3, it stands to reason that numerous teams were trying to get to 2, as well.

Both Pace and Lynch made it known the picks were available well before the draft, so I expected calls. Apparently on the bears side it was part of the smokescreen they put up. I think the conversation with Lynch was you dont need to think of who I am going to pick, its that someone wants your guy.

It was still alot to give up with a team that has so many holes and day 1 starters in Lattimore, Adams, Thomas there if SF went with Trubisky and true QB talent coming out next year. Thats who we are, a what if society of bear fans.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know shit about the guy, but the moving up in the draft to get him just seems like a terrible move.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anyone who's known me over the years .

163 posts....

giphy.gif

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
163 posts....

giphy.gif

I see where you'd get that from his SportsHoopla post count, but the majority of the posters on this board migrated from another forum that shut down.

Many of us have been posting together since the early-mid 00's. BS more or less just got here.

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I see where you'd get that from his SportsHoopla post count, but the majority of the posters on this board migrated from another forum that shut down.

Many of us have been posting together since the early-mid 00's. BS more or less just got here.

So we can blame you guys for tracking in shit?

:evil:

nebearsfan70

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know shit about the guy, but the moving up in the draft to get him just seems like a terrible move.
Everyone says this, and I agree somewhat, but it's not as egregious as the KC move. Which no one seems to be saying much about... Odd.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Everyone says this, and I agree somewhat, but it's not as egregious as the KC move. Which no one seems to be saying much about... Odd.

Well, I don't give a shit about KC personally.

Overall, I'm just glad Culter is gone.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Thank you...

KC spent two 1st's and a 3rd (what we spent on Cutler) to take a QB that many had projected as a 2nd round pick, in a poor QB class.

I am stunned at how little attention this got. While the Bears got crucified for basically swapping two 3rd's for two 4th's, in order to take the highest touted QB in the draft.

BsGenius

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thank you...

KC spent two 1st's and a 3rd (what we spent on Cutler) to take a QB that many had projected as a 2nd round pick, in a poor QB class.

I am stunned at how little attention this got. While the Bears got crucified for basically swapping two 3rd's for two 4th's, in order to take the highest touted QB in the draft.

Well that's because Kansas City moved up from 27 to 10. Whereas the Bears moved up from 3 to 2. Big difference.

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Two words.

Aaron Donald. We completely fucked the dog in 2014, by not making a one-spot jump to get him. We sat on our hands, and missed the chance at the best Defensive player in the league.

People make the assumption that the move up to 2 was unnecessary, based on the belief that Trubs would have been there at 3. It's just a provable opinion. It's purely speculation.

I like that they took the chance, when in position to take the chance.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well that's because Kansas City moved up from 27 to 10. Whereas the Bears moved up from 3 to 2. Big difference.

Yes. Exactly.

They spent two 1st's (one being a top ten pick) and a 3rd, to get a QB that many valued as a 2nd round pick. In a down QB class...

Beengay fudgepackers

Packin since 1919
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,300.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes. Exactly.

They spent two 1st's (one being a top ten pick) and a 3rd, to get a QB that many analysts valued as a 2nd round pick. In a down QB class...
Fixed it for you. People say that scouts are wrong more than 50% of the time and analysts aren't even good enough to be scouts. From what I have read, scouts love Trubisky and see him as a clear cut first rounder. An analysts opinion is essentially worthless and they have no repurcussions for being wrong all of the time. A scouts opinion is worth a lot more and if they suck at scouting, they get fired. It's also easy for analysts to rip on the bears if the bears do something no Analyst predicted. In fact I kind of expect it by now.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fixed it for you. People say that scouts are wrong more than 50% of the time and analysts aren't even good enough to be scouts. From what I have read, scouts love Trubisky and see him as a clear cut first rounder. An analysts opinion is essentially worthless and they have no repurcussions for being wrong all of the time. A scouts opinion is worth a lot more and if they suck at scouting, they get fired. It's also easy for analysts to rip on the bears if the bears do something no Analyst predicted. In fact I kind of expect it by now.

Fixed it for you. People say that scouts are wrong more than 50% of the time and analysts aren't even good enough to be scouts.

Mayock has been offered big front office roles on numerous occasions. Many renowned football people did not feel MaHomes was even a first rounder. Much less worth two firsts, and a third to boot.

I am not saying analysts are correct, but outside of this year. Guys who do those mocks professionally usually do a pretty damn good job.

Bruce Arians, who is known as the "QB whisperer" by many. Also said that he had no interest in Mahomes. So, what's his opinion worth?

KC's reach was way bigger than the Bears, period.

Beengay fudgepackers

Packin since 1919
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,300.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fixed it for you. People say that scouts are wrong more than 50% of the time and analysts aren't even good enough to be scouts.

Mayock has been offered big front office roles on numerous occasions. Many renowned football people did not feel MaHomes was even a first rounder. Much less worth two firsts, and a third to boot.

I am not saying analysts are correct, but outside of this year. Guys who do those mocks professionally usually do a pretty damn good job.

Bruce Arians, who is known as the "QB whisperer" by many. Also said that he had no interest in Mahomes. So, what's his opinion worth?

KC's reach was way bigger than the Bears, period.
I'll agree with just about everything you said about Mahommes. I was shocked he was taken in the first, but I stand by my analysts comment.

anotheridiot

There will always be someone to blame......
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Two words.

Aaron Donald. We completely fucked the dog in 2014, by not making a one-spot jump to get him. We sat on our hands, and missed the chance at the best Defensive player in the league.

People make the assumption that the move up to 2 was unnecessary, based on the belief that Trubs would have been there at 3. It's just a provable opinion. It's purely speculation.

I like that they took the chance, when in position to take the chance.

I agree they got their guy, I will stand by what I have posted over the years when I said it shows they were determined to get that particular guy and trading up showed they were taking him. It was not that San Fran was taking him, it was who was moving up. Lets just hope its the right move so nobody questions it. Everyone seemed thoroughly impressed with Trubisky in rookie camp last weekend.

The argument out there is even if you did not get Trubisky, you got Adams or Thomas.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll agree with just about everything you said about Mahommes. I was shocked he was taken in the first, but I stand by my analysts comment.

I guess I don't get what you're going by. Plenty of analysts have very accomplished resumes, and they also make more than scouts. Scouts would probably rather be analysts, not the other way around. It's a more coveted job by retired players. Way less hours, less stress and more pay.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree they got their guy, I will stand by what I have posted over the years when I said it shows they were determined to get that particular guy and trading up showed they were taking him. It was not that San Fran was taking him, it was who was moving up. Lets just hope its the right move so nobody questions it. Everyone seemed thoroughly impressed with Trubisky in rookie camp last weekend.

The argument out there is even if you did not get Trubisky, you got Adams or Thomas.

I mean, how many guys do we hear looked good in camp over the years? lol. Especially in mini-camp, they're playing in shorts, with no pads outside of a helmet. Impossible to get a read on anything really, outside of maybe some work-ethic stuff and how they handle interviews.

This is always the time where it's easy to make optimistic observations about rookies.

I like Trubisky, but praise in mini-camp is just a little silly.