• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Fully on board with Trubisky

BsGenius

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Trubisky 100% did a private workout for the Bears, at the Citadel. Not just that, he went out to dinner with Fox/Pace afterwards.

This was talked about in just about every Trubisky, Fox/Pace presser.

You may be right but I read somewhere there was no private workout.

Details of How The Bears Swiped Mitch Trubisky Are Pretty Crazy

To repeat: since Mitchell Trubisky met with #Bears at combine, there was no meeting, no workout, no phone call between the 2 sides.

Also read Trubisky had a prelim dinner meeting with the Bears and the Bears never called him after that dinner again. So Trubisky naturally assumed they were not interested.

Inside the Bears’ Covert Op to Draft Mitchell Trubisky | The MMQB with Peter King

Trubisky says he had 10 of these dinners with NFL teams, but this one was different. “This felt like my favorite group of coaches that I met with,” he says. “I felt like I was really connecting with them. Like I went on the best first date . . . and then they never called. I didn’t hear from them at all. And it’s like, OK, I guess they weren’t feeling it.”

BsGenius

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I read somewhere else Lynch floated the idea of possibly drafting Trubisky. I think I may be reading too much into this. When you're in the draft room you're naturally not thinking what other teams thinks you want. You're just hoping no one takes your guy. Pace knew there were at least a couple teams interested in moving up to #2 (Browns, Chiefs) and he didn't want to risk anything. So he sweetened the pot and moved up.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

To repeat: since Mitchell Trubisky met with #Bears at combine, there was no meeting, no workout, no phone call between the 2 sides.

Also read Trubisky had a prelim dinner meeting with the Bears and the Bears never called him after that dinner again. So Trubisky naturally assumed they were not interested.

Inside the Bears’ Covert Op to Draft Mitchell Trubisky | The MMQB with Peter King

Trubisky says he had 10 of these dinners with NFL teams, but this one was different. “This felt like my favorite group of coaches that I met with,” he says. “I felt like I was really connecting with them. Like I went on the best first date . . . and then they never called. I didn’t hear from them at all. And it’s like, OK, I guess they weren’t feeling it.”

Dinner and a workout. This is confirmed.

Bears avoided showing interest in Mitchell Trubisky after secret on-campus workout

But the Bears also held a secret workout with Trubisky on UNC's campus in March, the night after he went to dinner with several team executives. Ryan Pace, the team's general manager, liked what he saw and asked Trubisky not to tell other teams the Bears had put him through a 90-minute workout. Trubisky agreed.

Obviously, we will never really know what EXACTLY went on in the war room. However, the reports of six teams speaking with the Niners about the #2 pick... the reports of the Browns being extremely interested in Trubisky... etc...

All of this leads me to believe that it was not the Niners, with whom the Bears thought would steal Trubisky. It was a trade partner. It really sounds like SF was dead set on moving out of the #2 spot, and it was simply a matter of winning the auction.

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

It's no secret to anyone that there was an above-average chance that the Bears were going to draft a QB fairly high. This is also why the the whole Glennon is pissed story is utter bullshit.

The Bears are in a better place at QB, than they have beenin some time. Legitimate competition.

I think Glennon will be motivated to succeed, as this next season is a tryout for the Bears and/or the rest of the league. I think he'll play decent. No HUGE complaints. Fairly turnover free with mid-road stats.

I think Trubisky is a stud. He's going to be awesome IMO

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's no secret to anyone that there was an above-average chance that the Bears were going to draft a QB fairly high. This is also why the the whole Glennon is pissed story is utter bullshit.

The Bears are in a better place at QB, than they have beenin some time. Legitimate competition.

I think Glennon will be motivated to succeed, as this next season is a tryout for the Bears and/or the rest of the league. I think he'll play decent. No HUGE complaints. Fairly turnover free with mid-road stats.

I think Trubisky is a stud. He's going to be awesome IMO

If Glennon is being a pissy cry-baby over the Bears drafting a QB. We never had much in him to begin with...

That said, like you, I don't buy it one bit. Every story I've read talks about how Glennon is REALLY taking the bull by the horns in the leadership department. I doubt he just turned into a sulking child overnight.

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Glennon is being a pissy cry-baby over the Bears drafting a QB. We never had much in him to begin with...

That said, like you, I don't buy it one bit. Every story I've read talks about how Glennon is REALLY taking the bull by the horns in the leadership department. I doubt he just turned into a sulking child overnight.

Glennon is in absolutely no position to complain.

He should be giddy he's even getting a legitimate chance to compete, let alone the anointed starter.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Glennon is in absolutely no position to complain.

He should be giddy he's even getting a legitimate chance to compete, let alone the anointed starter.

Exactly. He's 5-13 as a career starter, and has spent the vast majority of his career holding a clipboard. The last two years, that's literally all he's done.

Pace/Fox are willing to hand him the keys to the car, without even a hint of competition. That's a situation that he really should appreciate, because most guys in the position he was in NEVER get an opportunity like this.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
C'mon there is no way Glennon is happy about this. Sure he understands it's a business but to think he is not upset is silly. This is the second job taken away by a GMs high draft pick. Even if Glennon lights it up Pace is gonna want his QB pick playing. I just hope he fights hard for the job, both guys. I believe Glennon is better then quite a few starters out there.

Beengay fudgepackers

Packin since 1919
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,300.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What track record? The best and brightest of the NFL is right no more then 50% of the time, I beat that all day.
You're always pro bears players in your opinion. That inherently makes you less than 50%. I'm just messin with you though.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You're always pro bears players in your opinion. That inherently makes you less than 50%. I'm just messin with you though.
Not always, remember the day we hired Tdog and Tucker. Everybody said WTF happened to noon he used to be so upbeat. lol. But in this case how can any fan not be happy. We got rid of Jay and now have 2 real chances of getting a good QB on the field. To me, it just now feels like the rebuild is going strong and in the right direction.

Beengay fudgepackers

Packin since 1919
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,300.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not always, remember the day we hired Tdog and Tucker. Everybody said WTF happened to noon he used to be so upbeat. lol. But in this case how can any fan not be happy. We got rid of Jay and now have 2 real chances of getting a good QB on the field. To me, it just now feels like the rebuild is going strong and in the right direction.
I'm not sold on Glennon being anything but a placeholder. I've been saying that since we signed him. I don't think he will be any more of a solution than Jay was. The good part is that he is a much better mentor and he is on a shorter contract.

anotheridiot

There will always be someone to blame......
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
None of these dots connect to "Lynch convinced Pace he was taking Trubisky. Lol.

How does the Bears hiding their interest = 49ers convinced the Bears they were interested?

The only thing I heard out of San Francisco was Lynch was convinced the bears were moving up for Thomas which is why I think they were happy to get Trubisky at 3 or Adams at 3 and extra picks.

Lynch is taking some flak over Foster, but he is a beast and having to wait for another surgery and next year is still going to be a bargain.

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
C'mon there is no way Glennon is happy about this. Sure he understands it's a business but to think he is not upset is silly. This is the second job taken away by a GMs high draft pick. Even if Glennon lights it up Pace is gonna want his QB pick playing. I just hope he fights hard for the job, both guys. I believe Glennon is better then quite a few starters out there.

He signed a contract that was structured as a one-year audition deal. What can he honestly complain about? Everyone and their dog knew the Bears would draft a QB at some point in this draft.

If he knows what's best for him, he'll shut that ugly fucking mug of his, and get to work. 2017 is an audition, be it for the Bears, or the rest of the league.

Beengay fudgepackers

Packin since 1919
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,300.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He signed a contract that was structured as a one-year audition deal. What can he honestly complain about? Everyone and their dog knew the Bears would draft a QB at some point in this draft.

If he knows what's best for him, he'll shut that ugly fucking mug of his, and get to work. 2017 is an audition, be it for the Bears, or the rest of the league.
The great part of that contract is if he does look good, the bears have a great trading chip on their hands.

huskers1217

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.89
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anyone who's known me over the years knows how critical I've been with Bears drafted. And like Nostradamus I've been consistently right before anyone caught onto a clue. My talent "evaluational" skills are quite simply off the charts. Lets face it boys.

So listen up.

Having seen some additional tape of Trubisky I love what I have seen so far. I think he is going to be terrific. That doesn't change the fact we overpaid for him now but he'll end up being a great QB. I'm making my prediction right now. I am onboard the Trubisky train and buying my Trubisky jersey now.

note to self...never play poker with this guy...he can bullshit and not show his true hand

wood20ks

Staff member
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,227.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I read somewhere else Lynch floated the idea of possibly drafting Trubisky. I think I may be reading too much into this. When you're in the draft room you're naturally not thinking what other teams thinks you want. You're just hoping no one takes your guy. Pace knew there were at least a couple teams interested in moving up to #2 (Browns, Chiefs) and he didn't want to risk anything. So he sweetened the pot and moved up.

I`d have to add the Texans to this mix also.........They moved up to draft Watson......I do believe someone was wanting to move up to the 2nd spot,but not sure how the Bears got involved with all that.
Not sure how he would know.......So did SF come to Pace....?

I guess when you`re in the draft room,its not like you`re behind closed doors,bur they do use telephones........So not sure how teams would know what other teams are actually doing.............

wood20ks

Staff member
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,227.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not sold on Glennon being anything but a placeholder. I've been saying that since we signed him. I don't think he will be any more of a solution than Jay was. The good part is that he is a much better mentor and he is on a shorter contract.

He may not,but I don`t have all these wild expectations from him like I did when Jay came here......

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I`d have to add the Texans to this mix also.........They moved up to draft Watson......I do believe someone was wanting to move up to the 2nd spot,but not sure how the Bears got involved with all that.
Not sure how he would know.......So did SF come to Pace....?

I guess when you`re in the draft room,its not like you`re behind closed doors,bur they do use telephones........So not sure how teams would know what other teams are actually doing.............

Pace stated that he fielded numerous calls from teams trying to get to 3.

He figured if that many were trying to get to 3, it stands to reason that numerous teams were trying to get to 2, as well.