• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Fully on board with Trubisky

BsGenius

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anyone who's known me over the years knows how critical I've been with Bears drafted. And like Nostradamus I've been consistently right before anyone caught onto a clue. My talent "evaluational" skills are quite simply off the charts. Lets face it boys.

So listen up.

Having seen some additional tape of Trubisky I love what I have seen so far. I think he is going to be terrific. That doesn't change the fact we overpaid for him now but he'll end up being a great QB. I'm making my prediction right now. I am onboard the Trubisky train and buying my Trubisky jersey now.

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anyone who's known me over the years knows how critical I've been with Bears drafted. And like Nostradamus I've been consistently right before anyone caught onto a clue. My talent "evaluational" skills are quite simply off the charts. Lets face it boys.

So listen up.

Having seen some additional tape of Trubisky I love what I have seen so far. I think he is going to be terrific. That doesn't change the fact we overpaid for him now but he'll end up being a great QB. I'm making my prediction right now. I am onboard the Trubisky train and buying my Trubisky jersey now.

tenor.gif

anotheridiot

There will always be someone to blame......
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
<<<<<<<<<<< I thought this was the best likeness to iron jaw Trubisky.

The difference is that you are most probably looking at perennial all stars in Thomas and Adams, maybe even in their rookie years. It would have been nice to have one of them. Trubisky might get there, we can hope. There really is no comparison in bears history to this guy. Yes, I have heard a weaker arm but higher accuracy Cutler, but not comparison in the sense of drafting a franchise guy.

It would also really be nice to hear that Cleveland, Houston or KC actually had made offers for the #2. I dont know if Jacksonville would have given up Fournette at 4, but the move changed the first 9 picks I would say.

Payton

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
<<<<<<<<<<< I thought this was the best likeness to iron jaw Trubisky.

The difference is that you are most probably looking at perennial all stars in Thomas and Adams, maybe even in their rookie years. It would have been nice to have one of them. Trubisky might get there, we can hope. There really is no comparison in bears history to this guy. Yes, I have heard a weaker arm but higher accuracy Cutler, but not comparison in the sense of drafting a franchise guy.

It would also really be nice to hear that Cleveland, Houston or KC actually had made offers for the #2. I dont know if Jacksonville would have given up Fournette at 4, but the move changed the first 9 picks I would say.

All I have heard on the matter is that Cleveland was trying to trade with Jax or Tennessee up to 4 or 5... Heard nothing about them trying to get to #2...

But honestly I checked out and haven't been listening to a lot of draft analysis...

NCChiFan

Argumentum artifex
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Color me, cautiously optimistic. I don't have a clue about Pace or any of the coaching staff's abilities when it comes to bringing along a rookie QB. Time will tell.

Beengay fudgepackers

Packin since 1919
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,300.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

So listen up.

Apart from the douchey preface, I'd like to throw my support here too. That tape looks incredible. Give him the same conditions that produced that diamond in college, and I think we have a franchise QB. Glennon is a big part of that.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All I have heard on the matter is that Cleveland was trying to trade with Jax or Tennessee up to 4 or 5... Heard nothing about them trying to get to #2...

But honestly I checked out and haven't been listening to a lot of draft analysis...

There was six teams contacting the Niners about the #2 pick.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Apart from the douchey preface, I'd like to throw my support here too. That tape looks incredible. Give him the same conditions that produced that diamond in college, and I think we have a franchise QB. Glennon is a big part of that.

Honestly, if Glennon plays well, that's phenomenal for Trubisky in the long run.

I want Trubisky to be completely comfortable running an NFL offense when he gets that first start. In fact, not just comfortable... chomping at the bit to get after it.

BsGenius

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There was six teams contacting the Niners about the #2 pick.

Where are you getting this and why were these teams interested in the 2nd pick? To get Trubisky?

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Where are you getting this and why were these teams interested in the 2nd pick? To get Trubisky?

www.csnbayarea.com/49ers/source-six-teams-discuss-possible-trade-49ers-no-2-pick

Source: Six teams discuss possible trade for 49ers' No. 2 pick

"The 49ers have held discussions with three teams inside the top 10 and three teams outside the top 10 about a possible trade for the No. 2 overall pick, a league source told NBC Sports Bay Area on Thursday."

On top of that, the Bears were initially rumored to have desire to trade down. In turn, they fielded a multitude of calls from teams wanting to move up and potentially take Trubisky.

QB needy teams wanting to move up to the Niners and Bears pick was a big part of the build-up to last Thursday night.

BsGenius

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
www.csnbayarea.com/49ers/source-six-teams-discuss-possible-trade-49ers-no-2-pick

Source: Six teams discuss possible trade for 49ers' No. 2 pick

"The 49ers have held discussions with three teams inside the top 10 and three teams outside the top 10 about a possible trade for the No. 2 overall pick, a league source told NBC Sports Bay Area on Thursday."

On top of that, the Bears were initially rumored to have desire to trade down. In turn, they fielded a multitude of calls from teams wanting to move up and potentially take Trubisky.

QB needy teams wanting to move up to the Niners and Bears pick was a big part of the build-up to last Thursday night.

But why would these teams want to move up to #2 when everyone knew the Bears weren't interested in Trubisky? I was thinking about this. The only thing i can think of was, John Lynch did a great job convincing everyone that they were going to take Trubisky at #2. Which would be the only reason why Pace moved up to 2. If SF made it clear, they weren't interested in Trubisky, Pace wouldn't have moved to 2 and these 6 teams would have knocked on the Bears door.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But why would these teams want to move up to #2 when everyone knew the Bears weren't interested in Trubisky? I was thinking about this. The only thing i can think of was, John Lynch did a great job convincing everyone that they were going to take Trubisky at #2. Which would be the only reason why Pace moved up to 2. If SF made it clear, they weren't interested in Trubisky, Pace wouldn't have moved to 2 and these 6 teams would have knocked on the Bears door.

But why would these teams want to move up to #2 when everyone knew the Bears weren't interested in Trubisky?

Who said that people thought the Bears weren't interested in Trubisky? I know a lot of fans were surprised by the Bears picking Trubisky, but I haven't heard much on whether or not it stunned executives.

The only thing i can think of was, John Lynch did a great job convincing everyone that they were going to take Trubisky at #2. Which would be the only reason why Pace moved up to 2.

Or... Pace was aware of all of the teams attempting to trade up, and take Trub. That link I shared was a leak from prior to the draft. Good chance Pace knew that the #2 pick was up for auction to the highest bidder, and if he didn't move. Someone was swooping in front of them, to grab his guy.

Were the Niners secretive as hell? Yes. Did they play it smart? No doubt. However, it wasn't the Niners taking Trubisky away that scared him. I think it was his knowledge of how many QB needy teams wanted to trade up.

BsGenius

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But why would these teams want to move up to #2 when everyone knew the Bears weren't interested in Trubisky?

Who said that people thought the Bears weren't interested in Trubisky? I know a lot of fans were surprised by the Bears picking Trubisky, but I haven't heard much on whether or not it stunned executives.

The only thing i can think of was, John Lynch did a great job convincing everyone that they were going to take Trubisky at #2. Which would be the only reason why Pace moved up to 2.

Or... Pace was aware of all of the teams attempting to trade up, and take Trub. That link I shared was a leak from prior to the draft. Good chance Pace knew that the #2 pick was up for auction to the highest bidder, and if he didn't move. Someone was swooping in front of them, to grab his guy.

Were the Niners secretive as hell? Yes. Did they play it smart? No doubt. However, it wasn't the Niners taking Trubisky away that scared him. I think it was his knowledge of how many QB needy teams wanted to trade up.

I disagree on this part. I don't think anyone had a clue the Bears wanted Trubisky. Pace was like a ninja on this. Trubisky wasn't even invited for a private workout with the Bears. Unless you can prove otherwise, I haven't heard or read anything about anyone even remotely thinking the Bears wanted Trubisky.

BsGenius

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is how well Pace did in hiding the fact he really wanted Trubisky.

Even John Fox didn't even know
John Fox reportedly learned about the Bears' plan to trade up for Mitchell Trubisky 'a couple hours before', and the entire ordeal looks increasingly messy

The freaking 49ers didn't even know and this is something a trade partner you want to move up to would demand to know
Even the 49ers couldn't believe the Bears traded up to take Trubisky

Our starting QB was invited to the predraft party clearly didn't even know. And the guy who invited Glennon didn't even know otherwise they wouldn't have invited him and caused this awkwardness
Bears invite Mike Glennon to draft party, then take QB Trubisky

The Titans at 5 were fielding calls for Trubisky because they didn't know the Bears wanted him as high as 3
Teams tried to trade up for Mitchell Trubisky, but not as high as No. 2

NOBODY KNEW. So why did Pace move up? Because Lynch convinced him they may take Trubisky for themselves which we guess was a lie.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A. teams wanted to move to two because SF made it clear they were open to trading the two. B. I've been on the money Mitch wagon for 3 months now, welcome aboard everybody. Man was I scared Watson would be the pick.

anotheridiot

There will always be someone to blame......
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I disagree on this part. I don't think anyone had a clue the Bears wanted Trubisky. Pace was like a ninja on this. Trubisky wasn't even invited for a private workout with the Bears. Unless you can prove otherwise, I haven't heard or read anything about anyone even remotely thinking the Bears wanted Trubisky.

I also dont agree that the 6 teams mentioned were all interested in Trubisky. Houston could have traded up and still wanted Watson, while others were pining for Thomas or Adams. I think you ask the NFL GM's, and they, like the Mock Authors would have picked Adams. You might get 15% that would say they would have picked Trubisky or they would have only taken Trubisky if he fell to where they traded down to.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Trubisky 100% did a private workout for the Bears, at the Citadel. Not just that, he went out to dinner with Fox/Pace afterwards.

This was talked about in just about every Trubisky, Fox/Pace presser.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I also dont agree that the 6 teams mentioned were all interested in Trubisky. Houston could have traded up and still wanted Watson, while others were pining for Thomas or Adams. I think you ask the NFL GM's, and they, like the Mock Authors would have picked Adams. You might get 15% that would say they would have picked Trubisky or they would have only taken Trubisky if he fell to where they traded down to.

I never said every team was. However, some certainly were, and it was pressing enough to make Pace move up.

Cleveland was reportedly aggressively pursuing to move up to #2 or #3, out of their #12 pick and take Trubisky. There were even reports that they considered taking him #1.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is how well Pace did in hiding the fact he really wanted Trubisky.

Even John Fox didn't even know
John Fox reportedly learned about the Bears' plan to trade up for Mitchell Trubisky 'a couple hours before', and the entire ordeal looks increasingly messy

The freaking 49ers didn't even know and this is something a trade partner you want to move up to would demand to know
Even the 49ers couldn't believe the Bears traded up to take Trubisky

Our starting QB was invited to the predraft party clearly didn't even know. And the guy who invited Glennon didn't even know otherwise they wouldn't have invited him and caused this awkwardness
Bears invite Mike Glennon to draft party, then take QB Trubisky

The Titans at 5 were fielding calls for Trubisky because they didn't know the Bears wanted him as high as 3
Teams tried to trade up for Mitchell Trubisky, but not as high as No. 2

NOBODY KNEW. So why did Pace move up? Because Lynch convinced him they may take Trubisky for themselves which we guess was a lie.

None of these dots connect to "Lynch convinced Pace he was taking Trubisky. Lol.

How does the Bears hiding their interest = 49ers convinced the Bears they were interested?

Beengay fudgepackers

Packin since 1919
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,300.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A. teams wanted to move to two because SF made it clear they were open to trading the two. B. I've been on the money Mitch wagon for 3 months now, welcome aboard everybody. Man was I scared Watson would be the pick.
Based on your track record when it comes to these things, Watson is going to be incredible and Trubisky a bust.