• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Fuck the bullshit, it's about that time

NolePride

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Color me cynical...but I'll relax, after I know where the money orders came from.
I could care less if he goes to jail. I just don't want all of us going with him.

He bought them and then altered them I thought.

NolePride

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I don't think it's that big a deal. Not, in regard, to the anticipated..."Bulletin Board Material."

These teams are #1 and #3 for a reason. They both know the other can play and play well.
If you are a player for Bama or are a player for FSU and you need to read some article to
get you mentally ready to play this game, you probably shouldn't be playing in the first
place.

I'd have more problems if he made a similar statement before the BC game or someone
similar.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think it's that big a deal. Not, in regard, to the anticipated..."Bulletin Board Material."

These teams are #1 and #3 for a reason. They both know the other can play and play well.
If you are a player for Bama or are a player for FSU and you need to read some article to
get you mentally ready to play this game, you probably shouldn't be playing in the first
place.

I'd have more problems if he made a similar statement before the BC game or someone
similar.

I'm glad he said it.

:noidea:

NolePride

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm glad he said it.

:noidea:

You think Bama needs a wake-up call? I don't.

I think everyone of them know that this will probably be their toughest game of the
year.

Now Fisher is probably cohering a bit, because of the unknown with our running game,
but this kinda stuff between "peers" sometimes goes the other way. I always remember
the events leading up to the 1969 Super Bowl and Namath assuring everyone of a Jets
win.

His comments enraged the Colts to the extreme, and I always remember folks after the game
remarking that Baltimore was so intent on getting to Namath and sacking him that they
forgot all about Matt Snell and Emerson Boozer who ran all over them that day.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You think Bama needs a wake-up call? I don't.

I think everyone of them know that this will probably be their toughest game of the
year.

Now Fisher is probably cohering a bit, because of the unknown with our running game,
but this kinda stuff between "peers" sometimes goes the other way. I always remember
the events leading up to the 1969 Super Bowl and Namath assuring everyone of a Jets
win.

His comments enraged the Colts to the extreme, and I always remember folks after the game
remarking that Baltimore was so intent on getting to Namath and sacking him that they
forgot all about Matt Snell and Emerson Boozer who ran all over them that day.

No, but it sure as hell ain't gonna hurt.

Mike30142

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
giphy.gif
My kinda girl. Wood!

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
FSU's Dline is pretty dam good. But not what you want to say IMO

I would hope that our players are already engaged and it wouldn't make a difference. And if they aren't, then maybe it doesn't matter. But if some weren't awake for some reason, maybe it would be a slap to the face.

Either way, you don't want to give it to the other team.

batchaps4me

Trolley conductor in Mr. Rogers' neighborhood.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,999.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
IMHO Coach Saban is at his best when he can sub on defense for down and distance calls. This allows him to manage his offense in the manner that suits him best. If you give him time to do that then you are playing into his strength, getting the right calls with what is normally better players. You cannot play his style and hope to win consistently.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
IMHO Coach Saban is at his best when he can sub on defense for down and distance calls. This allows him to manage his offense in the manner that suits him best. If you give him time to do that then you are playing into his strength, getting the right calls with what is normally better players. You cannot play his style and hope to win consistently.

They started rotating even when the offense doesn't sub last year a good bit. As soon as the play is over, they start subbing. Saban was asking for a 10 second rule between plays and didn't get it, but it's extremely rare that the next play gets off in less than 10 seconds.

But, I mostly saw it on 1st downs rather than any down and distance call. Not sure if it's because I never noticed, or if they just don't feel comfortable in doing it.

batchaps4me

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,999.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They started rotating even when the offense doesn't sub last year a good bit. As soon as the play is over, they start subbing. Saban was asking for a 10 second rule between plays and didn't get it, but it's extremely rare that the next play gets off in less than 10 seconds.

But, I mostly saw it on 1st downs rather than any down and distance call. Not sure if it's because I never noticed, or if they just don't feel comfortable in doing it.

What I am comparing/contrasting is the coaching styles of HUNH vs old school smash mouth styles. Teams like Arkansas, for example, will give Coach Saban the time necessary to get the best players and calls on the field. There is less of a need to rotate because the game is shortened because TOP is valued by both teams. If you do that, then you are at a huge disadvantage unless you can just whip the Alabama players.

The HUNH teams tends to give him one or the other, the best players OR the best calls. By hurrying to the line and trying to add possessions/plays, rotation is at a premium. This forces Coach Saban to "settle" for good match ups instead of great ones and therefore less than optimum calls. I am not sure I am conveying my thoughts as well as I want, but I hope you get the gist.

FWIW, I agreed with Coach Saban when he lobbied for the defense getting to sub if the offense did. The 10 second rule he wants is just self serving and not in the interest of making the game fair.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What I am comparing/contrasting is the coaching styles of HUNH vs old school smash mouth styles. Teams like Arkansas, for example, will give Coach Saban the time necessary to get the best players and calls on the field. There is less of a need to rotate because the game is shortened because TOP is valued by both teams. If you do that, then you are at a huge disadvantage unless you can just whip the Alabama players.

The HUNH teams tends to give him one or the other, the best players OR the best calls. By hurrying to the line and trying to add possessions/plays, rotation is at a premium. This forces Coach Saban to "settle" for good match ups instead of great ones and therefore less than optimum calls. I am not sure I am conveying my thoughts as well as I want, but I hope you get the gist.

FWIW, I agreed with Coach Saban when he lobbied for the defense getting to sub if the offense did. The 10 second rule he wants is just self serving and not in the interest of making the game fair.

I wasn't disagreeing with you. Just saying he's been working on ways to combat it.

batchaps4me

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,999.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wasn't disagreeing with you. Just saying he's been working on ways to combat it.

I agree that he has. He is just the damned best coach I have seen in a long time when you allow him to dictate the game style. If I am going to play a chess grand master, I at least want to play checkers, if not Euchre. :D

Brasky

Till We Can't Be Beat. WON'T. BE. BEAT.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Alabama is going to destroy them. Not by a QB, not by a WR or TE, but by the ridiculous wealth of talent accumulated at every single position. Their defense looks like a junior NFL team every single year. They'll get turnovers, they'll get QB hurries, sacks, and wreck RB's behind the LOS. We've seen this movie before.

SJ76

I'll slap you with my member
Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Alabama is going to destroy them. Not by a QB, not by a WR or TE, but by the ridiculous wealth of talent accumulated at every single position. Their defense looks like a junior NFL team every single year. They'll get turnovers, they'll get QB hurries, sacks, and wreck RB's behind the LOS. We've seen this movie before.

Yes the Clemson game was a perfect example.

Brasky

Till We Can't Be Beat. WON'T. BE. BEAT.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes the Clemson game was a perfect example.

Clemson would have mopped the floor with FSU in a post season game.