• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Frustration or exasperation

wbon22

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not sure which...but it is clearly one.

Too many players not back checking. To many suicide passes on Power Plays leading to goals against.
Too many players taking entire periods off.

This is not about the goaltending, which is okay, not great. It is about the forwards not skating or back checking. It is about the PP unit not playing with urgency and as a team not being willing to adjust to the obvious fact that the league has figured out the diamond attack that the Flyers run to the point that running it is counter productive.

But, it could be worse, we could be in Colorado

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Some bad luck today but overall confidence is low. I do agree that a lot of this is team D usually is. Can't just blame for goalies or D all the time forwards are part of this too.

wbon22

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I actually found myself agreeing with Mike Milbury during the post game....

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the forwards were the biggest problem this weekend IMO. lazy back checks or extremely lazy back checks. those were the two options. Giroux probably the most noticeable offender too which is not a good sign.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the forwards were the biggest problem this weekend IMO. lazy back checks or extremely lazy back checks. those were the two options. Giroux probably the most noticeable offender too which is not a good sign.
This team usually follows suit in what Gee does. Until he starts playing with any enthusiasm this team will be on the outside looking in.

wbon22

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
While I am not the biggest +/- advocate, it can be deceptive as most stats can, it does give you an idea as to what is happening. Well, after the Devils game the Flyers look something like this:
Voracek -12
Giroux -13
Simmonds -17
Schenn -15
Konecny -4
Provorov -6
Gostisbehere -19

Now, some of this is deceptive...Ghost was -2 last night and played a better two way game. The top 4 all suffer from doing so much of their scoring on the PP and the number of short handed goals and empty net goals that the team has allowed.

All that said, if you play a sound 3 zone game and score 5 on 5, you don't see these kind of numbers. The Flyers are not playing a sound 3 zone game. That is the real take away I get from this....
...and the frustration continues.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
While I am not the biggest +/- advocate, it can be deceptive as most stats can, it does give you an idea as to what is happening. Well, after the Devils game the Flyers look something like this:
Voracek -12
Giroux -13
Simmonds -17
Schenn -15
Konecny -4
Provorov -6
Gostisbehere -19

Now, some of this is deceptive...Ghost was -2 last night and played a better two way game. The top 4 all suffer from doing so much of their scoring on the PP and the number of short handed goals and empty net goals that the team has allowed.

All that said, if you play a sound 3 zone game and score 5 on 5, you don't see these kind of numbers. The Flyers are not playing a sound 3 zone game. That is the real take away I get from this....
...and the frustration continues.

I don't really like the quasi-pass they seem to get for the bold. shorthanded goals are a serious problem and they're responsible for it. empty-netters are a little different, i'd be willing to give them some of a pass for those, but the short handed goals are still a problem and they deserve the minus those come with. hell, might even deserve -2.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
While this inst the best indicators it seems when you're in the double digits on plus/minus in usually pretty indicative of your play. They all need to step up their games in all 3 zones.