• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Front Office decisions

Skins2021

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Eh - life is too short. Plenty of other things to enjoy regardless of the fate of the Redskins. In terms of who is or is not a fan - IMO you can certainly hate Snyder/Allen & still be a huge fan of the Redskins. I pretty much fall into that category.

The issue I have is if any fans are actually hoping for moves to fail or not supporting certain players (e.g. Alex Smith) who currently play for the Skins. I could be wrong, but I get the feeling that some folks will be happy if these moves fail simply so that they can say "I told you so" as if validation from a forum likes this means anything at all.

Let's just wait & see how these moves pan out until completely badmouthing them. I seem to recall some folks here completely trashing Doctson before he made some contributions (when his only real fault was being injured - not sure how a human being can control that). I realize that a lot of folks here believe that they know just about everything, but in reality that is far from the truth.

HTTR

yourself included?

I'll still criticize Doctson. I like that pick and his ceiling less and less by the day.

I think as consumers we have some power and our voices should be heard... the product the Redskins and more specifically the front office/management puts out has not been very good at all.

But by all means be excited about Alex Smith.

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yourself included?

I'll still criticize Doctson. I like that pick and his ceiling less and less by the day.

I think as consumers we have some power and our voices should be heard... the product the Redskins and more specifically the front office/management puts out has not been very good at all.

What are you talking about? I never claim to be an expert & admit to being wrong about lots of things & have repeatedly stated that I love being wrong on things if it benefits the Redskins. I also never make predictions. You are reading into things that don't exist.

You can criticize the Doctson pick all that you like - the fact is that he is on the team so lets just hope for the best (& he contributed last season & I see no reason why he can't continue to contribute - just needs some help).

Again - in regards to Smith - I never claimed to be excited (& for the millionth time - I wanted Cousins to be extended & hate Snyder/Allen) but jeez how long are you going to continue beating this dead horse? I will root for Smith & hopefully he has a great season - I will respond in this manner regardless of the name on the back of the jersey. Somehow this concept escapes you.

Skins2021

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What are you talking about? I never claim to be an expert & admit to being wrong about lots of things & have repeatedly stated that I love being wrong on things if it benefits the Redskins. I also never make predictions. You are reading into things that don't exist.

You can criticize the Doctson pick all that you like - the fact is that he is on the team so lets just hope for the best (& he contributed last season & I see no reason why he can't continue to contribute - just needs some help).

Again - in regards to Smith - I never claimed to be excited (& for the millionth time - I wanted Cousins to be extended & hate Snyder/Allen) but jeez how long are you going to continue beating this dead horse? I will root for Smith & hopefully he has a great season - I will respond in this manner regardless of the name on the back of the jersey. Somehow this concept escapes you.

I hope I am wrong about Doctson and will gladly admit that I am if he goes off for 1200+ yards and 60+ catches. He seems slow and inconsistent.

If Alex Smith takes skins to SB great. I'll be rooting for him. Though I think the probability for a 3-13 season with Alex Smith greatly outweighs the probability of a SB.

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cousins is leaving because he will not be part of anything BA is part of. In essence, he took his ball and went home. Can't say I disagree with Cousins but, none the less he didn't want to be here, period. I'm not making excuses for anyone, the FO or Cousins. Divorce was imminent and its time to move on for everyone involved. All the speculation, KC said, FO said, offer, no offer, diminished offer, WTF cares anymore.

This is not just about Cousin's, it is about Antonio Pierce, Cousin's, Ryan Clark, take your choice Pierre or DJax etc. Why does this FO continually let good talent go? So they can sign Fat Albert or Adam Archuleta?

skinz2winz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is not just about Cousin's, it is about Antonio Pierce, Cousin's, Ryan Clark, take your choice Pierre or DJax etc. Why does this FO continually let good talent go? So they can sign Fat Albert or Adam Archuleta?
I think we all know that AA, AH, DS days are over. Over paid vets on the backside of their careers. Look, guys like Pierce, Clark, DJax were ok but each had their flaws and shouldn't have been resigned. I will clamor for Garcon as I thought he belonged here another 3 years on a reasonable deal.
Having said that, Brown, Murphy, Long & Breeland should be resigned. They each bring value all though, I think BB wants to get paid like a top FA CB which I think he is not even though I want him resigned. Clearly he is a good #2 corner in our system and his pay should reflect such.

Breed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:clap: Umm Ok. So what is your point? Neither was Kirk? Only a couple handfuls of guys have been “All Pro” since Smith has been in the league. Most of those spots were tied up by the best QBs of this generation, Brady, Brees, Manning, and Rodgers. Throw in a Newton here, and a Big Ben there. No one has ever tried to put Dmith in the same class as those guys.

The writer of that article tried putting Smith in that class. In an attempt to minimize the loss of Fuller while patting Bruce on the back for a deal well done. It was not a good deal for the Redskins as we unnecessarily lost our most promising young CB and a draft pick. For what seems like no other reason than FO apathy, laziness, hubris or some combination of all 3.

As far as wins and losses... yeah, we haven’t any better much with Bruce in the drivers seat. Not saying I love the guy or the job that he has done. Wouldn’t mind seeing someone new in there myself making personnel decisions. Just pointing out that he hasn’t done nearly as bad as some of you claim. Everyone is quick to blame him %100 for the KC situation when that simply isn’t true. Sometimes it goes beyond wins and losses.

This isn't about Kirk. Not for me. Kirk has warts and is by no means a 30 million dollar a year QB. I wouldn't have wanted the Skins to sign him to that type of deal. Especially one that short on years that allows him to snag all 90 million and guarantees we'll be back at the bargaining table in 3 years. But I don't blame him for trying to get that or ask for it. Kirk is just the latest guest star on the soap opera that is the Washington Redskins. This isn't about Alex Smith either who has become our newest guest star. I like Alex, and think he has a nice skill-set. I hope he continues to actively push the ball downfield like he did last year. This is really about the FO and I wish I could argue against something you just said, but I can't because I agree with it. Sometimes it goes beyond wins n losses. That's the problem right there. I'd even amend sometimes to say too many times it has went beyond wins n losses. We can't blame Kirk, or Robert Griffin or Haynesworth or any other player for that imo. Because the fact is they've all come and they've all gone. And even with the excellent cap work of Allen and others. As well as a decent job by Allen and the scouting dept when it comes to retaining our draft picks. The Washington Redskins remain stuck in the muck of below average performance, refusal to take accountability, and having who's dick is bigger contests.

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yourself included?

TO be blatantly honest, Doctson has been a bust to date. He has been here 2 years and has really not done much for a 1st round pick. Can he get better? Probably. He clearly has the talent. But he could just as easily become Michael Westbrook. This is a critical year for him.

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
TO be blatantly honest, Doctson has been a bust to date. He has been here 2 years and has really not done much for a 1st round pick. Can he get better? Probably. He clearly has the talent. But he could just as easily become Michael Westbrook. This is a critical year for him.

So wait.. Doctson is about to put the Kunfu Grip on Fat Rob???

I might have to go to training camp this year after all. :D

skinz2winz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So wait.. Doctson is about to put the Kunfu Grip on Fat Rob???

I might have to go to training camp this year after all. :D
I bet Fat Rob won't take it like a lil biotch either!

chillerdab

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That is the move of a competent FO to make a guy prove it for two years instead of finding a way to make a deal? It was widely reported Cousin's would have signed for $16 million during his first year as a starter but Scot and the FO didn't want to over pay. Cousin's is leaving because of BA's arrogance.

Do you remember in Cousin's and Griffin's first year when Cousin's led the team to a win over Cleveland. Did you know that DS and BA ran to RG's locker to make sure he was okay because Cousin had played well? They said nothing to Cousin's. shark pointed this out to you three years ago but you all just kept moving the bar. $10 million was too much, $20 million was too much, $24 million was too much, insert present number here is too much. It NEVER had to get to this point but the FO and many of you didn't want to sign him when it made sense. :noidea:

So you are arguing that KC’s sense of self is so fragile, that he probably harbored ill will for four years over supposedly not getting a high five from the boss after a win over CLEVELAND?!?!

And THAT’S the type of guy you are complaining about losing?

Yeah, good luck with that, homeslice.

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So you are arguing that KC’s sense of self is so fragile, that he probably harbored ill will for four years over supposedly not getting a high five from the boss after a win over CLEVELAND?!?!

I think what he is pointing out is a pattern of behavior from the front office towards the player. MAybe that the front office had determined years ago that they really didnt want this guy around and would never really warm up to him any more than you warm up to the tax accountant. You pay him because you have to, but the moment you can get a different solution you take it.

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think we all know that AA, AH, DS days are over. Over paid vets on the backside of their careers. Look, guys like Pierce, Clark, DJax were ok but each had their flaws and shouldn't have been resigned. I will clamor for Garcon as I thought he belonged here another 3 years on a reasonable deal.
Having said that, Brown, Murphy, Long & Breeland should be resigned. They each bring value all though, I think BB wants to get paid like a top FA CB which I think he is not even though I want him resigned. Clearly he is a good #2 corner in our system and his pay should reflect such.

Are you sure? Didn’t we sign Jason Hatcher to a bloated contract when he was well in his thirties?

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
according to ian rappaport CDC contact numbers are as follows

4 yr 94 million , 55 mil guaranteed at signing wed , 71 mil fully guaranteed in 2019

raps comment that is a little less then stafford , grap money

Buffalo_Nickel_1

Hoopla Cash
$ 268.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ho

4 yr 94 million , 55 mil guaranteed at signing wed , 71 mil fully guaranteed in 2019

How much toward 2018 cap

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

And worth every penny

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
so let me get this straight SDFC , it appears that unless we back loaded the hell out of this contract (which would crush or cap on any escape in year for deanis ) he wont come in this year at 17 mil but close to 28 mil or a whopping 2 mil less the a KC deal . and for that 2 mil in savings we get to give up our starting slot cb (6th CB OVERALL rated in the NFL ) and our 3rd round pick and i am supposed to buy that this was a great move by our FO for the 34 yr old qb who we can tread water with ? downgraded from superbowl to playoff win to 9-7 to just as good as ?

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The only thing worse than football knowledge at times around here is reading comprehension.

chill you had a top 5 QB here for the past three years. I can't remember if you are an ABC guy or not and don't give a shit. If you don't understand what we let go you might want to go hang with the guy that thinks we have a fullback. :trash:

And I get it, he is gone. I am actually kind of happy for the dude to get out of this losing organization. My real point was about the organization D i d I s a y t h a t s l o w e n o u g h?

Rowdy

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,828.65
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I’m hearing it’s basically what they offered Kirk with a two or three year out. 53-55 fully guaranteed and 71 guaranteed with injury clause