• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Front Office decisions

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Arrogance and lack of foresight but the FO is why.

Breed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is my problem as well from a management perspective. If you were never going to pay him the market value, why didn’t you trade him?

Exactly. Not only did Allen/Snyder fuck off the opportunity to acquire value for Kirk. They let the situation become as such where they had to give up value themselves just to get Kirk's replacement.

How in the fuck anyone sees that as some pimp move by Allen is a fuckin idiot.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Exactly. Not only did Allen/Snyder fuck off the opportunity to acquire value for Kirk. They let the situation become as such where they had to give up value themselves just to get Kirk's replacement.

i agree

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

dean , no brainer , pet thinks it was the work of genius Breed

Sleepy T

....zzzz...
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

There were certainly some windows there when Kirk could have...should have been traded. However... during the time periods he was under the tag (which was most of the time in the last couple years), he didn’t have to accept a trade from anyone...am I correct in saying that? Dude was very quick to sign the tag every time. Do you not think it is debatable as to whether played us like a fiddle as well??

The FO did what they had to do to acquire an above average starting QB. Take a look at what Cleveland gave up for TT, SF gave up for Grap, and it’s quite obvious to me that Washington did not give up much more for Smith than many other teams would have. Not necessarily a pimp move, but a necessary move if we want to have any chance of staying relevant over the next few years. Anyone that doesn’t realize that is a fucking idiot.

This fanboy article is spot on. It’s what many, not all, folks..media, fans, players have been echoing all along... that Kirk Cousins is not without fault here. Sure, BA and the FO have to take some of the blame too.

Writer also made some great points about what this front office has done wrt FA signings in the last several years. That not everyone in the entire building is stupid. Hey, No one is perfect, but that article shows proof that our FO has been pretty damned good with FA signings and drafting players. Not perfect, but plenty good.

Funny, I don’t see any of the Doom Crew disputing any of those facts. Just still crying about KC being gone...

Buffalo_Nickel_1

Hoopla Cash
$ 268.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If there is a ranking for Front Office I give ours 17

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There were certainly some windows there when Kirk could have...should have been traded. However... during the time periods he was under the tag (which was most of the time in the last couple years), he didn’t have to accept a trade from anyone...am I correct in saying that? Dude was very quick to sign the tag every time. Do you not think it is debatable as to whether played us like a fiddle as well??

The FO did what they had to do to acquire an above average starting QB. Take a look at what Cleveland gave up for TT, SF gave up for Grap, and it’s quite obvious to me that Washington did not give up much more for Smith than many other teams would have. Not necessarily a pimp move, but a necessary move if we want to have any chance of staying relevant over the next few years. Anyone that doesn’t realize that is a fucking idiot.

This fanboy article is spot on. It’s what many, not all, folks..media, fans, players have been echoing all along... that Kirk Cousins is not without fault here. Sure, BA and the FO have to take some of the blame too.

Writer also made some great points about what this front office has done wrt FA signings in the last several years. That not everyone in the entire building is stupid. Hey, No one is perfect, but that article shows proof that our FO has been pretty damned good with FA signings and drafting players. Not perfect, but plenty good.

Funny, I don’t see any of the Doom Crew disputing any of those facts. Just still crying about KC being gone...

great post. I guess they didnt read the whole article. Other think we have the worst FO in the league and that is simple not true.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

the error is they didnt HAVE to make the trade . you can sign a FA qb and then draft one . that is the whole point and has been since this went down

i can finish in 3rd place with TB , CK or SB same as smith

and arent we forgetting that the only reason CDC came here was because of 71 mil guaranteed ? none of the teams , including the browns , wanted anything to do with that

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
no our FO isnt the worst . a 396 win % is just fine and acceptable

Sleepy T

....zzzz...
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the error is they didnt HAVE to make the trade . you can sign a FA qb and then draft one . that is the whole point and has been since this went down

i can finish in 3rd place with TB , CK or SB same as smith

and arent we forgetting that the only reason CDC came here was because of 71 mil guaranteed ? none of the teams , including the browns , wanted anything to do with that

Maybe...maybe not Skinsdad :noidea: we don’t know what any other team may or may not have offered the Chiefs for Alex Smith.

I don’t doubt the Browns or possibly some other suitors (Jets) may have not offered that. They are in a good position to draft one of these young QBs. Washington might be lucky if one of the Top 4 are there when they are on the clock @13. Once again, The FO made the safe play in locking Smith up for the next few years while they draft and develop a QB.

Let’s all see how FA works out and what kinda numbers these QBs get. Keenum already looks to be going to Denver. Bridgewater, Bradford, MCarron... maaaybe Foles. Who else will be left? I think we will come out looking pretty good once all is said and done.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe...maybe not Skinsdad :noidea: we don’t know what any other team may or may not have offered the Chiefs for Alex Smith.

I don’t doubt the Browns or possibly some other suitors (Jets) may have not offered that. They are in a good position to draft one of these young QBs. Washington might be lucky if one of the Top 4 are there when they are on the clock @13. Once again, The FO made the safe play in locking Smith up for the next few years while they draft and develop a QB.

Let’s all see how FA works out and what kinda numbers these QBs get. Keenum already looks to be going to Denver. Bridgewater, Bradford, MCarron... maaaybe Foles. Who else will be left? I think we will come out looking pretty good once all is said and done.

yes we do know what was offered and what was not if you have been keeping up and they have been posted here on occasion

now somebody going somewhere else now has changed since we are out of the market now doesnt it ?

if coming out looking good is 3rd place in the NFC east then i guess we did . my standard isnt that when giving up valuable resources but maybe your standard is that low

Sleepy T

....zzzz...
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yes we do know what was offered and what was not if you have been keeping up and they have been posted here on occasion

now somebody going somewhere else now has changed since we are out of the market now doesnt it ?

if coming out looking good is 3rd place in the NFC east then i guess we did . my standard isnt that when giving up valuable resources but maybe your standard is that low

I stand corrected. Still, looks like Smith made the choice between us, Cleveland and Denver. Similar capital, longer term deal (as you all stated). A 1-2 year deal vs a 3-4 year deal, not a huge difference as far as we are concerned. We can cut bait with him after 2 or 3

chillerdab

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This quote, from the original article, says it all:

"Just because Kirk and his agent are right that he can get more money, doesn’t make the Redskins front office wrong for believing he’s not worth it, and not being willing to pay it to him."

The Redskins probably didn't trade him last year, because they were hoping to get a contract that was in line with what he deserved, as opposed to what he could get on the open market.

The author of that article is spot on:

Either Gruden, Scotty Mac, Allen, Snyder, Eric Schaeffer, etc. are ALL WRONG, despite the fact that they, according to the article, have been excellent at managing their cap, adding depth, and drafting and keeping players over the last five years, or KC is simply looking to get paid.

As I mentioned previously - Case Keenum got the Vikes to the NFC Championship game with $1.6 million salary, and Nick Foles won the game for the Eagles. KC' will NOT provide $12 million more in value to the Vikes than Keenum would have, should he have signed with the Vikes.

If the Vikes break the bank for KC, it'll be their loss.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I stand corrected. Still, looks like Smith made the choice between us, Cleveland and Denver. Similar capital, longer term deal (as you all stated). A 1-2 year deal vs a 3-4 year deal, not a huge difference as far as we are concerned. We can cut bait with him after 2 or 3
and the cap hit that 71 mil guaranteed hurts future acquisitions. add to it since when does giving up a 10 starter and a 3rd round pick make it good on a 2 yr rental ? looks shortsighted to me and again a panic move

chillerdab

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd just like to point out that it's important to remember that the redskin suffered from a TON of injuries last year - more than average - and that counting them to be in 3rd place because of last year's record is short sighted.

Here's one list, from November, just to refresh everybody's memory:

Redskins' injured reserve list contains impactful players

For those keeping score at home, that's:
the starting rb
the starting 3rd down rb
the #1 wr
the #1 DT
the starting MLB
the #1 backup MLB
the starting center
the starting K
the starting OLB
the #1 DT backup
the starting FS
the #1 backup 3rd down rb

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd just like to point out that it's important to remember that the redskin suffered from a TON of injuries last year - more than average - and that counting them to be in 3rd place because of last year's record is short sighted.

Here's one list, from November, just to refresh everybody's memory:

Redskins' injured reserve list contains impactful players

For those keeping score at home, that's:
the starting rb
the starting 3rd down rb
the #1 wr
the #1 DT
the starting MLB
the #1 backup MLB
the starting center
the starting K
the starting OLB
the #1 DT backup
the starting FS
the #1 backup 3rd down rb

yes and that should speak volumes about what KC did , and about the lack of depth on our defense

now if this makes me a hater , then so be it , but the eagles have us outclassed , and we were broomed by dallas . the giants had a butt ton of injuries as well so i dont know how saying we are 3rd in our division is somehow , short sighted

now we are older at qb , we lost both our startings cbs our ILB is on the verge of walking and i am to think we are making progress ? . now free agency and the draft will change things but i am not sure we closed the ground much on philly for sure or dallas (although were are close )

chillerdab

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dude, KC is gone. He's gone, skinsdad. Gone. G-O-N-E gone, and it's debateable if he even wanted to be here to begin with. He isn't worth $30 million. That's not really debateable either. He isn't.

You discount the redskins injuries. They had the makings of a fairly complete team before injuries decimated the roster.

We didn't lose both starting cb's b/c Norman is still here. You have no idea how good Moreau is going to be, and neither do I. The facts are that the redskins have addressed the secondary for multiple years in a row in the draft. Off the top of my head, I list the following drafted or undrafted players signed by the skins in recent memory:

fuller, richardson, moreau, hosley, cravens, everett, dumbar. They just resigned everett, who did VERY well at FS for two years and $2.6 million.

You are whining about moves a competent front office makes when faced with a difficult decision.

In fact, the signing of Alex Smith, while not "Sexy" is also not as bad as you think. It isn't. Sorry.