• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

From Jason La Canfora today- JimmyG...thoughts?

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I disagree. Defense wins come PO time. You just need solid QB play.

Defense is huge... however, are you really sitting here and saying QB isn't king, after that Super Bowl we literally JUST saw?

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I dont know, Minnesota was expecting to compete for the division with him, they only went to bradford when he got injured. I mean, at least the Vikings were expected to continue on their path with him as their quarterback. Maybe they dont have the fans who are so quick to throw a young QB under the bus.

He's a game manager. He's the NFC's Alex Smith. He's most certainly not an elite QB. Far from it.

anotheridiot

There will always be someone to blame......
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's a game manager. He's the NFC's Alex Smith. He's most certainly not an elite QB. Far from it.

There you go needing elite again. You want to run down the superbowl wins before quarterbacks were considered elite and how many wins they have after they got paid?

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Defense is huge... however, are you really sitting here and saying QB isn't king, after that Super Bowl we literally JUST saw?
I saw a def that got worn out in the second half. What did you see? Was P man the reason Den won last year? Before Alt's def got gassed Brady was average. I would put the win on NE's def more then Brady. No elite QB has ever won a SB without a strong D. The NE D shut down Fatty Ice in the second half without that nothing Brady did would have mattered.

anotheridiot

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I saw a def that got worn out in the second half. What did you see? Was P man the reason Den won last year? Before Alt's def got gassed Brady was average. I would put the win on NE's def more then Brady. No elite QB has ever won a SB without a strong D. The NE D shut down Fatty Ice in the second half without that nothing Brady did would have mattered.

Brady had a great second half, but it was a second half he was always on the field when Shannahan abandoned the run. Now, I am not saying I know how time of possession is always a hinderance to the defense, when you think that New England offense should be gassed by playing so much on the other side of the argument, but final numbers were 40 minutes to 23 minutes atlanta. All Atlanta needed was that field goal attempt from the 22 and the game was theirs, it came down to the little things that would have made that Brady explosion be a great failed attempt at a comeback.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There you go needing elite again. You want to run down the superbowl wins before quarterbacks were considered elite and how many wins they have after they got paid?

In today's game? Flacco and Eli's first? lol... that's about it.

Not to mention, even those two guys were considered as having elite "potential". Bridgewater is literally a game manager, with no capability of putting a team on his back and winning it all. Without a great defense, he is nothing more than just a middling QB. He would need Denver's D from two seasons ago, in order to win a Super Bowl.

Yes, after seeing the last few seasons play out, I am 100% convinced that a top QB is the number one thing guaranteed to always keep you in contention. A defense, a run game... all of that stuff is obviously important. Especially come playoff time. However, it relies on a lot of different factors, and many different people. That ONE guy, just to be out there, making it happen for you. That's the most valuable thing to find in this league.

BsGenius

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If we can get Garappolo for anything other than our first round pick, even I would approve this move. If Pace has a brain fart and gives up our first round pick for Garappolo, then Pace should be fired. A 2nd and a 3rd for Garappolo is about as much as I would give up.

BsGenius

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If we can get Garappolo for anything other than our first round pick, even I would approve this move. If Pace has a brain fart and gives up our first round pick for Garappolo, then Pace should be fired. A 2nd and a 3rd for Garappolo is about as much as I would give up.

anotheridiot

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In today's game? Flacco and Eli's first? lol... that's about it.

Not to mention, even those two guys were considered as having elite "potential". Bridgewater is literally a game manager, with no capability of putting a team on his back and winning it all. Without a great defense, he is nothing more than just a middling QB. He would need Denver's D from two seasons ago, in order to win a Super Bowl.

Yes, after seeing the last few seasons play out, I am 100% convinced that a top QB is the number one thing guaranteed to always keep you in contention. A defense, a run game... all of that stuff is obviously important. Especially come playoff time. However, it relies on a lot of different factors, and many different people. That ONE guy, just to be out there, making it happen for you. That's the most valuable thing to find in this league.

You considered Russell Wilson elite in his rookie deal taken in the third round? Sure hasn't been much elite about Wilson since then. Kurt Warners journey man career, Brad Johnson, Trent Dilfer were elite?

And yeah, you are making the point, Flacco won, got paid as elite, has he gotten back there? Game managers with great defenses win playoff games and super bowls.

Brady is elite, but he also took a nine year hiatus from winning a super bowl. He has gotten there, sure, but even the best quarterback in history was not enough.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't get this statement. If he is in fact a good QB then he would be cheap even at the 3 pick. If Pace does believe he is the answer, then get him at any cost. Now I don't think it will take the 3 pick but if it did I would be ok with it. I'm more on the AJM bandwagon.

anotheridiot

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't get this statement. If he is in fact a good QB then he would be cheap even at the 3 pick. If Pace does believe he is the answer, then get him at any cost. Now I don't think it will take the 3 pick but if it did I would be ok with it. I'm more on the AJM bandwagon.

some think the 3 pick is too high to draft any quarterback available in this years draft, but then trading the third pick to get a backup is too much too. I only say that you are not just giving up that third pick, you are also giving up something next year to get Garaffalo. But in this case, you are not just giving New England the picks, you have to give up more than SanFrancisco, Cleveland, or anybody else is offering.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But in this case, you are not just giving New England the picks, you have to give up more than SanFrancisco, Cleveland, or anybody else is offering.
Take into account that any trade for JG will hinge on JG being willing to sign long term with that team. JG grew up a Bears fan. Say Clv offers more, but JG does not want to go there. All he says is I won't sign beyond next year with Clv. Bam Clv is out. So JG gets to pick where he goes, not BB.

anotheridiot

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Take into account that any trade for JG will hinge on JG being willing to sign long term with that team. JG grew up a Bears fan. Say Clv offers more, but JG does not want to go there. All he says is I won't sign beyond next year with Clv. Bam Clv is out. So JG gets to pick where he goes, not BB.

Not necessarily, he is not a free agent, Bill will just keep him if he does not get what he wants. Give brady another year to think about retiring.

anotheridiot

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I read an article that Washington is lost their minds and are contemplating paying cousins the almost 25 million this year, then almost 32 next year if they dont get a long term deal in place. Thats basically guaranteeing him the money he should be guaranteed over a 5 year deal.

Payton

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who was the last "solid" QB to win a title?

How many "solid" QBs have made it to the super bowl in recent years? The only one I can think of is flacco, and he was on fire that year. The league has been changing to a pass first league for over 30 years and the Bears still try to build contenders without diddly at QB. Fuck trying to get another Kyle orton or jim Miller, let's try to get the next Derek Carr or Dak Prescott in the draft. Who knows we might end up with a top tier guy. Or we might just end up with a solid QB.

All of two years ago. Yes, it was Peyton Manning, but let's not even attempt to claim that he was ANYWHERE near "elite"... The Denver QB position was a trainwreck two years ago and they won it all with defense...

Payton

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That said, I'm down for trading for Jimmy G as long as we don't give the #3 or anything extreme.

I wish the entire league could just collude and tell Bellichick that he can choke on Garrapalo before anyone is going to give him a first for him...

And yes, force Bill to have that conversation with Brady next year and nudge him into retirement. I'd LOVE to be a fly on the wall for that conversation...

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All of two years ago. Yes, it was Peyton Manning, but let's not even attempt to claim that he was ANYWHERE near "elite"... The Denver QB position was a trainwreck two years ago and they won it all with defense...

Yes, with an HISTORICALLY great defense, you can win with a game manager. Ala, 00 Ravens and 15 Broncos.

I'll agree to not claim 2015 Peyton as "elite". If you agree not to claim that Denver defense was anything but historically phenomenal.

So yeah... you want to bring up those two examples of Dilfer and a 40 year old Peyton. Fine. However, outside of that, there really isn't much debate. Even Eli and Flacco, who aren't "elite"... they had "elite" level post-seasons. Especially Flacco in 2012. He went completely ballistic.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That said, I'm down for trading for Jimmy G as long as we don't give the #3 or anything extreme.

I wish the entire league could just collude and tell Bellichick that he can choke on Garrapalo before anyone is going to give him a first for him...

And yes, force Bill to have that conversation with Brady next year and nudge him into retirement. I'd LOVE to be a fly on the wall for that conversation...

Reports now conflicting about Jimmy G's status in NE. Some saying BB loves him. However, it could just be a piece of information leaked on purpose to up the price.

Oh, and as long as Brady keeps playing like this. There is zero chance BB tries to get him to retire. lol. After all, he wants to play until his late-40's if he can, or as long as possible. According to reports, that is. He is apparently obsessed with his health, what he puts into his body and always getting a lot of sleep. He goes to sleep at 8:30 sharp every night.

I don't doubt he could still play at a high level for another 5 years. Not to mention, he just signed a new contract recently.He's more determined and disciplined than any QB I've ever seen. By that time, Jimmy G will be 30. So what would be the point of pushing him in this soon, if you're going to get another 5 great years from Brady anyway? Also, another point... Jimmy is a FA next year anyway. He will get offered franchise money then by teams in need of a QB. NE cannot keep him there. So, why not trade him now, and receive damn good compensation?

Too many things point towards Jimmy G getting moved, IMO. It seems like common sense.

Payton

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Or why not force New England to deal with the situation next year and get nothing for him... (Thats what I mean about, itd be nice if the league could collude here and stick it to the Pats on this one! ;) )

Beengay fudgepackers

Packin since 1919
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,300.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I still count him as better than solid.