• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Fresno State @ Nebraska

Tomhusker

The Original Husker+ Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 271.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I noticed Freedom was pretty much invisible most of the time.

Exorbitant

An image back in time
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Do you even know what play action is? That's the entire point of that play, for him to be wide open. Easier to slow down to catch the ball than catch up to an overthrown ball.

I know what play action is and I envy the teams with QBs that can hit receivers in stride on long pass plays. There were quite a few of those plays from other teams yesterday. Since TA won't ever be good at hitting long passes to receivers, and a lot of times he isn't accurate on short passes, it will be a good idea to stick with a similar offensive game plan like we saw yesterday.

Exorbitant

An image back in time
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
O line was good but as I said earlier our lack of depth will show if someone gets dinged up. We went nowhere when we had to replace Knevel for a few plays.

They really limited Tommy which helped a lot. Only one bad play I can remember (long 3rd down to Westerkamp).

Really didn't think Read was that bad. Their punter had more to do with our lack of a return game because he was hitting lob wedge shots. We actually adjusted to it and stopped even trying to block for Westerkamp. He made a couple bad decisions but we will improve there when teams start punting more than 25-30 yards.

Oh I get it. When I say TA needs to be limited it's bad, but when you say it, it's okay?

Exorbitant

An image back in time
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
The only thing Tommy did wrong there was locking in on his intended target and ignoring the safety help.

I think it's everyone's automatic natural tendency to just rag on Tommy as soon as he throws one into double coverage now. Like no other QBs out there do that.

And actually, though they had 2 guys in the area, only 1 of them had a chance to make a play on that ball.

He seems to do that more than other senior QBs out there. Despite this, I still think he's a good QB, but just not a great one.

oaknightshockey1

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,928.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh I get it. When I say TA needs to be limited it's bad, but when you say it, it's okay?
When we are getting 6 YPC, it is good to limit him. That wasn't the case last year, when we were getting 2-3. It likely will not be the case when we play better defenses, although our starting O line looked much improved.

HuskerinBig10

Dad, World Traveler, Investor, college football
Hoopla Cash
$ 436.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When I first started watching it looked like Nebraska was flat.

Nebraska then turned it on on both offense and defense and steamrolled Fresno State.

I was hoping the defense would improve from last year, and Nebraska is 41 in Total Defense and still stout against the run at #4.

Next week, Nebraska faces 1-0 Wyoming with a win over Northern Illinois. Wyoming rushed quite well against Northern Illinois, will be a good warm up for Oregon.

Right now, I am encouraged. Let's hope Craig Bohl does not have some magic.

Exorbitant

An image back in time
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
When we are getting 6 YPC, it is good to limit him. That wasn't the case last year, when we were getting 2-3. It likely will not be the case when we play better defenses, although our starting O line looked much improved.

I did mention in a previous post recently that there will be games this season when TA will have to have more pass attempts. By the way, if you're watching the Texas game, their last two TDs were long pass plays thrown in stride. I hope TA is watching that game. Maybe he'll get some pointers on how to lead a receiver! lol

Exorbitant

An image back in time
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
When I first started watching it looked like Nebraska was flat.

Nebraska then turned it on on both offense and defense and steamrolled Fresno State.

I was hoping the defense would improve from last year, and Nebraska is 41 in Total Defense and still stout against the run at #4.

Next week, Nebraska faces 1-0 Wyoming with a win over Northern Illinois. Wyoming rushed quite well against Northern Illinois, will be a good warm up for Oregon.

Right now, I am encouraged. Let's hope Craig Bohl does not have some magic.

I hope the players don't look past Wyoming. That could be a trap game.

HuskerinBig10

Dad, World Traveler, Investor, college football
Hoopla Cash
$ 436.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wyoming is terrible.

Ask Northern Illinois how terrible Wyoming is. Wyoming defense does not look good. Nebraska should be able to run at will and pass at will. This should be an easy W for Nebraska.

Let me remind you of 2015 and two terrible teams

Purdue, final record 2-10 lone big ten win in two years was Nebraska. Purdue entered the game at 1-6
Illinois, final record 5-7, two wins in the Big 10, Beat Purdue and Beat Nebraska

First week knocking the rust off excuse is now gone. The Mountain West has Air Force, Boise State, Utah State, San Diego State, and UNLV playing good so far. Hopefully, Fresno State can look like a good win later on in the season.

This coaching staff HAS to win this game. The Nebraska Football Team should win this game, but this coaching staff still has question marks, IMHO.

Jack_John_Mark

¿Cómo está usted?
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've been around long enough to know teams overlook teams when a bigger game is on the horizon.

You can't convince me just yet that we don't come out looking ahead and allow Wyoming to put up 40 points or something. Something similar to the Ball State disaster a decade ago.