• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Fresno State @ Nebraska

Jack_John_Mark

¿Cómo está usted?
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Okay, watched it again. That was a bad play. He had several other options on that play and we only needed 7 yards. Oz could have gotten the first as the checkdown.

Oh absolutely there were other options. The call from the sideline was to take a shot though.

I know if I was a college QB and I was told to take a shot, likely I'm gonna end up chucking it instead of checking down. Difficult situation. Again, he wasn't scrambling for his life and just making a stupid decision, he went to the primary receiver on the play and I can't blame him.

As soon as he scrambles around and chucks one up for grabs like he did multiple times last season, I will be the first to display my disgust.

Jack_John_Mark

¿Cómo está usted?
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One of the things I'm disappointed in is having Westerkamp back returning punts.

Disappointing to me that we're back in a position again where we have to put our most trusted receiver back there just to field a punt.

Having Pierson-El doing what he did a couple years ago was huge for field position. Now we're just trying to catch the ball again.

Jack_John_Mark

¿Cómo está usted?
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The area I'm most pleased with is our Defense.

We didn't play an explosive team by any means, and in fact, Fresno is terrible. But Defensively we rarely had a guy out of position to make a play all night. Regardless of who we face this season, when you have guys in position to make plays, you have a good chance of making a play.

Something I could only say about Bopper's defense 50% of the time.

it'sHuskers4me

New Era Huskers
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Two questions from last night - did the corners give up big cushions because we were thin at safety, and do you find it ironic that they only attempted 13 passes with a group of WR recruits in attendance?

Tomhusker

The Original Husker+ Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 271.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One of the things I'm disappointed in is having Westerkamp back returning punts.

Disappointing to me that we're back in a position again where we have to put our most trusted receiver back there just to field a punt.

Having Pierson-El doing what he did a couple years ago was huge for field position. Now we're just trying to catch the ball again.

Same here. I thought DPE was back to full speed? I loves me some Westercamp, but you don't go to a hotdog stand for a T-bone. Put DPE back there and let's eat some steak!

HuskerCradle2Grave

Big Red in the Big Ten!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No, a hotdog STAND.
giphy.gif

oaknightshockey1

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,928.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Two questions from last night - did the corners give up big cushions because we were thin at safety, and do you find it ironic that they only attempted 13 passes with a group of WR recruits in attendance?
I think part of it was that and also to give LJ the chance to get his feet wet.

Jack_John_Mark

¿Cómo está usted?
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We shouldn't be ranked yet, but I have to wonder if the AP will try to weasel us in there before the Oregon game for entertainment purposes.

corn train

Have some of it
Hoopla Cash
$ 76,445.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fresno isn't even a real State, oregon is about on par with us athlete wise, if we win that game they deserve to get some rep, like ribbons or something idk

Tomhusker

The Original Husker+ Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 271.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My brother is part of the stadium security staff. He is one of the uniformed guards behind the team bench. He got into an argument with Tommy's dad during the game. Said he wouldn't "stay off my damn fence."

Lol

Jack_John_Mark

¿Cómo está usted?
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is beating Oregon at home "earning it"? They gave up 28 at home to UC Davis...

That's nothing new for Oregon though. They've always given up points. All they care about is whether or not their Offense looks really cool.

Jack_John_Mark

¿Cómo está usted?
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My brother is part of the stadium security staff. He is one of the uniformed guards behind the team bench. He got into an argument with Tommy's dad during the game. Said he wouldn't "stay off my damn fence."

Lol

He was just trying to get Tommy's attention to make sure he had XXXL rubbers available for the chicks he was going to bang after the game.

tometom

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,219.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
my biggest concern is d-line depth. did anyone else notice Maurice and Mick played most of the game? They rotated pretty well at DE, but I only noticed one Davis in the game before the 4Q and he didn't look so good. Maurice and Mick both looked fine, just really worried me about the depth. i also thought i saw Freedom playing some DT, but it might have been because Fresno was pretty much passing all the time at that point.