• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Freshmen WR's at top of depth chart

bbwvfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Freshman Wide Receivers Spring To Top Of New Depth Chart - The Smoking Musket

Of interest, Dana has a 2 back listing for his offense. As we saw with Smallwood last year, he can line up in the slot when on the field. However, this may reveal another change in Dana's offense.

WVU has great depth and great talent at this position this year. Dana is possibly evolving his offense to match the talent he has available.

As I mentioned in another thread, people in Morgantown were buzzing over Durante. Looks like Kevin's brother is game ready too. Pretty big stuff for first year WR's to be ready to play! Exciting stuff...

Anotherwvufan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm really looking forward to watching these new guys grow over the next couple of years. It is always great when a fresh comes in and takes the starting spot from experienced guys.

I think with Smallwood and Marcellus, it will easy to have those guys play the slot. We can run more formations with the same guys on the field. This should be a fun offense to watch.

GoldRusher

Hoopla Cash
$ 768.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm really looking forward to watching these new guys grow over the next couple of years. It is always great when a fresh comes in and takes the starting spot from experienced guys.

I think with Smallwood and Marcellus, it will easy to have those guys play the slot. We can run more formations with the same guys on the field. This should be a fun offense to watch.
Agree, I don't look for this offense to be super dynamic right out of the gate but that said I don't think it will take very many games to get things clicking and by seasons end I expect this offense to be the one of the best shows in CFB.

bbwvfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For the first time since Dana was forced to take over as HC, he finally has quality depth at every position on the field.

No longer is the team dependent on the play of but 3 superstars. There is no huge drop off in talent between 1st and 2nd team contributors as we had under Rich and Bill… and for the first 4 years of Dana's tenure.

These newcomers at WR must be special.

bbwvfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Of interest to me, the coaching staff has sent the same message to Gibson as they once did to White.

'Quit trying so hard'…

Dana stated this summer that Gibson is the fastest WR he has ever had. Hopefully he relaxes… and has a breakout season this year in ways similar to K. White last year.

Anotherwvufan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gibson has shown some flashes, but so far he has been the next coming of Ivan McCartney. Hopefully this does not stick.

GoldRusher

Hoopla Cash
$ 768.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Of interest to me, the coaching staff has sent the same message to Gibson as they once did to White.

'Quit trying so hard'…

Dana stated this summer that Gibson is the fastest WR he has ever had. Hopefully he relaxes… and has a breakout season this year in ways similar to K. White last year.
I got to watch Gibson live and in color at the Greenbrier this spring and I have to say, the kid seems (to me at least) to have found another gear. He looked lightning fast to me, among our other fast guys he looked at least a step or two faster than anyone around him. With the results our S&C staff have gotten from other players recently I don't doubt he is faster, in fact I expect it from players now the longer they are here.

GoldRusher

Hoopla Cash
$ 768.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gibson has shown some flashes, but so far he has been the next coming of Ivan McCartney. Hopefully this does not stick.
Well, I wouldn't saddle him with that title just yet. He is still a very young player(RS Soph?) with limited snaps. He may well break out this year and be an all Big12 WR.

ralphiewvu

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,751.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As long as he remembers to catch the ball before hitting he gas I'm good.