• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Free Agency thread

Beengay fudgepackers

Packin since 1919
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,300.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I figured we should start a thread for free agency. The Bears look like they will sign Allen Robinson, Trey Burton, and Taylor Gabriel. They look like they have resigned prince amukamara and applied the franchise tag to Fuller. I know I have missed a few as well, but these are the big ones.

I like the signings so far. Robinson was the cream of he crop from WR and we got him on a good 3 year contract. Gabriel will be a nice weapon too. Burton looks like a good pass catcher too. I can’t wait to see what Nagy does with them. What does the Burton’s signing mean for Shaheen?

Defensively, we are bringing back the trio from last year. Not a bad move. There is still room for improvement. Does this rule out Fitzpatrick and ward wih the first pick?

NCChiFan

Argumentum artifex
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Grabbed a kicker as well.

Skerpokes

Calmer Than You Are
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like the moves so far. Most notably Allen Robinson and re-signing Amukamara.

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bears officially agree to terms with Acho and Amukamara.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wanted to do this, but everyone was creating individual threads for each signing and I kind of said F it. It's a good call.

This news just broke.

We all knew Glennon was gone. Then I pretty much figured that Amukamara and Gabriel meant the end for Cooper/Wheaton.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What does the Burton’s signing mean for Shaheen?

Everything I've read says that they'll have two separate and unique roles to each other. Shaheen is not (at least, not yet) a good blocker or very versatile. Burton can line up all over the field, including at the H-back/Fullback.

I think we'll utilize a lot of two TE sets in the red zone, as Burton thrived down there this past year. 5 TD's on just 23 catches.

I do not believe this signing is an indictment of the organization's faith in Shaheen. Not in the least.

Beengay fudgepackers

Packin since 1919
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,300.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wanted to do this, but everyone was creating individual threads for each signing and I kind of said F it. It's a good call.

This news just broke.

We all knew Glennon was gone. Then I pretty much figured that Amukamara and Gabriel meant the end for Cooper/Wheaton.

You’ve been saying that all along, haven’t you? Good call. I’m not sure, but I think we still have plenty of cap room for more signings either now or in the future.

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Josh Sitton to Miami

Christian Jones to Detroit.

I think Jones was a pleasant surprise last year when called upon. Definitely solid depth gone now. Sitton is too oft-injured and they extended Sowell, so I don't really think he's a big loss, but a little bummed to see Jones go, particularly to a rival.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You’ve been saying that all along, haven’t you? Good call. I’m not sure, but I think we still have plenty of cap room for more signings either now or in the future.

I think we have another decent sized signing left in us to address the defensive side of the ball. There's about to be a second wave of signings and there is still some decent names on the market.

If we cut Sims (not sure why we haven't given the Burton signing) it would clear up 5 mil more.

We need LB's man... Acho and Kwiatkoski are very solid depth guys. Serviceable starters in a pinch. However, as of now they're both starting for us. That's not good.

I'm sure we address it in the draft. However, I'd like a veteran too.

Payton

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hmmmm, Aaron Lynch signed for 1 year... Good gamble!

I don't know, its kinda cool that the Bears seem to be a "Destination Franchise" during this free-agency period and you can tell that there is a buzz surrounding what this team is doing and where we are trending.

Again.... Excited!

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hmmmm, Aaron Lynch signed for 1 year... Good gamble!

I don't know, its kinda cool that the Bears seem to be a "Destination Franchise" during this free-agency period and you can tell that there is a buzz surrounding what this team is doing and where we are trending.

Again.... Excited!

Lynch is 6'6 245 with a lot of ability.

His problem is that he got lazy and couldn't keep his damn weight together. Became a chubby fucker.

Hopefully he had a wake up call with that and shows up to camp shredded. Fangio obviously likes his ceiling from his days coaching him in SF.

JoeyTourettes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
These all look like good additions. I like the Lynch signing too, cheap prove it 1 year deal... Extended punter Patrick O'Donnell today too, I didn't see the money...? anyone?

Inside LB, OLB (pass rush) Which direction do these signings suggest we are going for the draft?
OLINE? Another WR? Corner? they really could go any direction.

Side note: With resigning Daniel Brown they have 6 Tight Ends on the roster... ??
Braunecker
Brown
Shaheen
Sims
Burton
and someone named Colin Thompson?

wood20ks

Staff member
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,227.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know this didn't have anything to do with us,but,i think it may have been a big mistake by NE to let Solder go....I never woiuld have thought they would let one of TBs best pass protectors walk.........Shit,i would have been ecstatic to get him...........But I guess being it ws a huge deal........drafting one in the first or second round very well would be a better choice.

Oh well,hopefully we address that postion with high regards.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
These all look like good additions. I like the Lynch signing too, cheap prove it 1 year deal... Extended punter Patrick O'Donnell today too, I didn't see the money...? anyone?

Inside LB, OLB (pass rush) Which direction do these signings suggest we are going for the draft?
OLINE? Another WR? Corner? they really could go any direction.

Side note: With resigning Daniel Brown they have 6 Tight Ends on the roster... ??
Braunecker
Brown
Shaheen
Sims
Burton
and someone named Colin Thompson?

No Braunecker

Beengay fudgepackers

Packin since 1919
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,300.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gotta love where we are at heading into the draft. We have a great pick. There’s probably going to be 4 QBs and 1 RB taken before we pick, which are two positions we wouldn’t take anyway.. I think we could grab a special player here and we have the ability to choose the BPA. We have weapons on offense, a second year QB, a good looking defense and a new coaching staff. I’m excited to see what part of the team they add on to.

wood20ks

Staff member
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,227.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gotta love where we are at heading into the draft. We have a great pick. There’s probably going to be 4 QBs and 1 RB taken before we pick, which are two positions we wouldn’t take anyway.. I think we could grab a special player here and we have the ability to choose the BPA. We have weapons on offense, a second year QB, a good looking defense and a new coaching staff. I’m excited to see what part of the team they add on to.

I`d be ecstatic if we got one of these players:

mcGlinchey
Nelson
Chubb
Ward

Theres really no reason why we will not get one of these guys.............

Skerpokes

Calmer Than You Are
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Would you entertain the idea of trading for Beckham Jr? Would you want him in the locker room? Does the talent out weigh the baggage? And if so, what are you willing to trade for him?

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Would you entertain the idea of trading for Beckham Jr? Would you want him in the locker room? Does the talent out weigh the baggage? And if so, what are you willing to trade for him?
No. No. No, and nothing.

Payton

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Nah... Our team already has a buzz about the locker room and a positive outlook and trend. We don't need to make that type of splash, and it certainly isn't worth the headache.

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Without question Beckham is loaded with talent, but he's also loaded with baggage - that video of him and the hooker certainly doesn't help his cause. Plus isn't he in his last contract year? Not sure about that, maybe you guys can clarify this. Anyway, I think we're low on draft picks as it is. And there was a rumor that I think has since been shot down that Pace was looking to trade up again. I'd strongly prefer either trading back or standing pat. We're in a good position at 8, no need to trade up and lose a pick or two.