• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

free agency thread 2018

kbso83432

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Would have been nice, but I'm good with seeing what Nicholson can bring.

duke1861

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i didnt think we could afford him

I agree but I just don't understand the offseason strategy. Its been nothing short of a disaster. I said we needed more cap room and people here said we had enough. Again, I am not saying we need to rehire Vinny but if the plan all along was to sign Richardson, Brown and go after DRC and Gallete....then we are either stupid or tanking. I have no problem being wise with our money but we aren't even bringing players in for visits. We literally cannot fill every hole on this team in the draft. I would love to build mostly through the draft but the team historically doesn't draft well. We have even struggled with our 2nd round picks (Cravens and Anderson).

I love this team but hate our front office. Each team in the division gets better but we have actually found a way to get worse. How in the world does every team in the NFL have more cap room than us? I wish someone would explain that to me.

There are good FAs still out there and we clearly need some more starters. Maybe we get Logan, Reid and Gaines. I don't know. However, if we sign a few roles players and bank on the draft to save us, Allen must be fired. I have no idea why we traded for Smith if we are not going to give him support (LG, RB and TE and general depth). I have no idea why we literally had the worst run defense in the league but think re-signing Brown is going to solve that. We still have no true NT and our ILB corp is a joke outside of Brown. I could build us a team better than these idiots.

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
WE have 20 mil in cap space after we account for our draft picks. We have plenty of money. Year one cap hits are much less than average yearly salaries.

duke1861

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
WE have 20 mil in cap space after we account for our draft picks. We have plenty of money. Year one cap hits are much less than average yearly salaries.

Well then what is the strategy? I am glad we didn't overpay during the 1st day or so when players like Sammy Watkins got 17 million a year or so. I just don't know what the FO is driving at? Are they trying to carry the cap over to make runs at players next year? DO we keep coming up short on some players? The amount some of these players are getting is unreal. However, there have been some good deals for sure.

There are some decent players out there but they are going fast. I would like to give Ron Parker (FS) a call. I wish we could only build through the draft but its easier said than done. I wish we had more 1-3 round picks so we could address our areas of need. Bottom line is that we will have to trade down or hit on our 1st and 2nd round picks. I hope we don't screw it up!

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well then what is the strategy? I am glad we didn't overpay during the 1st day or so when players like Sammy Watkins got 17 million a year or so. I just don't know what the FO is driving at? Are they trying to carry the cap over to make runs at players next year? DO we keep coming up short on some players? The amount some of these players are getting is unreal. However, there have been some good deals for sure.

There are some decent players out there but they are going fast. I would like to give Ron Parker (FS) a call. I wish we could only build through the draft but its easier said than done. I wish we had more 1-3 round picks so we could address our areas of need. Bottom line is that we will have to trade down or hit on our 1st and 2nd round picks. I hope we don't screw it up!

I really don’t see a strategy that makes sense. If you are going to give up a young CB and a third for a 34 year old QB, you would think we are making a run which means heavy hitting FA.

We have been extremely quiet in FA. I actually like being quiet in FA because it means no desperation. I a man a long term guy...not a short term guy.

That is why it doesn’t make any sense.

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree but I just don't understand the offseason strategy. Its been nothing short of a disaster. I said we needed more cap room and people here said we had enough. Again, I am not saying we need to rehire Vinny but if the plan all along was to sign Richardson, Brown and go after DRC and Gallete....then we are either stupid or tanking. I have no problem being wise with our money but we aren't even bringing players in for visits. We literally cannot fill every hole on this team in the draft. I would love to build mostly through the draft but the team historically doesn't draft well. We have even struggled with our 2nd round picks (Cravens and Anderson).

I love this team but hate our front office. Each team in the division gets better but we have actually found a way to get worse. How in the world does every team in the NFL have more cap room than us? I wish someone would explain that to me.

There are good FAs still out there and we clearly need some more starters. Maybe we get Logan, Reid and Gaines. I don't know. However, if we sign a few roles players and bank on the draft to save us, Allen must be fired. I have no idea why we traded for Smith if we are not going to give him support (LG, RB and TE and general depth). I have no idea why we literally had the worst run defense in the league but think re-signing Brown is going to solve that. We still have no true NT and our ILB corp is a joke outside of Brown. I could build us a team better than these idiots.

Well @duke1861, if it helps there is a method to their madness. Our front office employs a drafting method that keeps our "war room" participants scooting to the edges of their seats in anticipation...

th
th
th

Buffalo_Nickel_1

Hoopla Cash
$ 268.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If someone has time make a list of people we signed since the end of 2017 season . You will see we have been busy 2. I bet skins are waiting on June 1 cuts or after draft cuts most teams spent there money's all ready 3.players might not want to play here.

Buffalo_Nickel_1

Hoopla Cash
$ 268.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1 yr $7m and we couldn't afford? Just another FA that wants nothing to do with WASH.
Being a above 500 team or a play off team has benefits. Browns are loaded with cash still no one wants to play there

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i wrote we couldnt afford him because the price was 11 mil not 7 mil . id DJ couldnt recruit him then what can i say ? when you let homegrown talent walk year in and year out , and have nothing but drama all the time sooner or later people just wont want to be on our team

Caliskinsfan

Burgundy & Gold Forevah
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,569.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seems like we are not offering what Jr wants

skinz2winz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Any news on Hankins today?

kbso83432

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Left without a contract.

kbso83432

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
NT Sylvester Williams is visiting today.