• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

free agency thread 2018

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
24-34 MIllion is enough to add some good QUALITY FAs,

Its not enough to try and play money ball, which we have failed miserably at numerous times.

Let's not stop there, since there's a growing consensus that Bruce Allen won't be able to draft a competent QB using his own impetus or that having a ton of money to play "Money ball" if Kirk is not retained, let's just go ahead and step off the ledge and say some more cray, cray, shit....

Bruce Allen in a final attempt to prove himself the absolute smartest guy in the league, resigns......wait for it.....Robert Griffin III to a free agent contract!!
th
How about it conspiracy theorists???:pound:

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Let's not stop there, since there's a growing consensus that Bruce Allen won't be able to draft a competent QB using his own impetus or that having a ton of money to play "Money ball" if Kirk is not retained, let's just go ahead and step off the ledge and say some more cray, cray, shit....

Bruce Allen in a final attempt to prove himself the absolute smartest guy in the league, resigns......wait for it.....Robert Griffin III to a free agent contract!!
th

WEll I would only slightly put that past Bruce actually. But I would see him drafting a rookie, signing Bob to compete with Colt for the "backup" position.

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
WEll I would only slightly put that past Bruce actually. But I would see him drafting a rookie, signing Bob to compete with Colt for the "backup" position.

NOOOoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!! I was joking man!!

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
NOOOoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!! I was joking man!!

I figured as much. However, there are likely some folks out there who would approve of such a plan and gladly break out those RG3 jerseys.

countryroads316

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
so we blow all our money on Kirk Cousins pick up some bullshit free agents with the little cap we have and you expect Bruce Allen to have a good draft when you all say he would mess up drafting a QB without someone setting up his draft board we will be the same bullshit team next year

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

th

That's re-signs, not resigns, sorry about that!

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
so we blow all our money on Kirk Cousins pick up some bullshit free agents with the little cap we have and you expect Bruce Allen to have a good draft when you all say he would mess up drafting a QB without someone setting up his draft board we will be the same bullshit team next year

Reality check..

Cousins on a long term deal SHOULD cost around $20M against the cap in 2018.. thats giving him a deal slightly higher than what Stafford got. (Stafford had a $16M cap number this year)

So with $34M in cap space, what free agents WONT we be able to sign??

And the problem with Bruce drafting a QB is simply this... The guys that FIT our offense, will likely require a trade up unless you really think Mayfield is a day one starter. Also that the types of QB Bruce will likely be looking at (Jackson) dont fit our offense, but he will sell some jerseys.

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Not me, I believe that Bruce must be the 1st or at minimum the 2nd head to roll. Even if he goes and Kirk doesn't stay, which I believe happens, there's going to be a lot of FA money to spend and it has to be spent wisely.

Wisely, think about that for a moment, then think about Bruce Allen, aren't the two incompatible? So any scenario with Kirk or without Kirk, that includes Allen in my book is doomed to fail. Our ONLY hope if Allen is still around would be if he hires a temporary GM as he's done with Shanahan and McCloughan.

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Right. Hes not a film guy. Hes a stats guy (and FWIW without a doubt one of if not the smartest dude I follow on twitter). Which is my point - Both the film and the stats point to Watkins being really talented.

Landry is just so damn meh from an efficiency standpoint. He'll catch you 100 passes but theyll go for like 500 yards total (exaggeration).

Looks like you and you stats guy are all over this. Sammy had 2 catches for 14 yards in a 41 point output. Landry had 10 catches for 99 yards. Meh!!! :noidea:

countryroads316

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not me, I believe that Bruce must be the 1st or at minimum the 2nd head to roll. Even if he goes and Kirk doesn't stay, which I believe happens, there's going to be a lot of FA money to spend and it has to be spent wisely.

Wisely, think about that for a moment, then think about Bruce Allen, aren't the two incompatible? So any scenario with Kirk or without Kirk, that includes Allen in my book is doomed to fail. Our ONLY hope if Allen is still around would be if he hires a temporary GM as he's done with Shanahan and McCloughan.

I believe besides Cousins we have several others they have to try and re-sign also so there won't be much cap room
2018 NFL Free Agents Tracker

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I believe besides Cousins we have several others they have to try and re-sign also so there won't be much cap room

SO.. of that list.. who are we NOT going to be able to re-sign that is a must have?? Now would re-signing Kirk allow us to go chasing big name free agents from other teams?? Probably not. Then again how often has THAT worked for us?? Especially under Bruce.

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

There's going to be plenty of cap money, Kirk will be in Arizona, hopefully Bruce will be gone or at least he hires someone to direct him in FA and the draft.

Buffalo_Nickel_1

Hoopla Cash
$ 268.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1.Redskins Logic 101 in here,skins are on the clock at 14 bruce drafts a punter beause we let kirk walk and picked up Rg3
2 Bruce does not fallow the board he is a draft day rogue gm Bruce picks what he wants fuck all the scouts and coaches..
3 if we fire allen we will win ,we we will never win by drafting a qb, kirk is the only qb in this world to help us win 6 games ..
4. One who hates kirk hates redskins

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bruce isn't going anywhere.

Lets make a list of good FA signings vs. bad FA signings in the almost 20 years that Snyder has owned the team. :pound::pound::pound::pound:

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bruce isn't going anywhere.

Lets make a list of good FA signings vs. bad FA signings in the almost 20 years that Snyder has owned the team. :pound::pound::pound::pound:

I started to do this and got very depressed. Start in 2005 and see if you get further than 2008.

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I started to do this and got very depressed. Start in 2005 and see if you get further than 2008.

No way!! I don't want to drag up all those memories like Fat Albert and Archuleta. NASTY!!!

Buffalo_Nickel_1

Hoopla Cash
$ 268.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
you alll are looking at it all wrong what is are win vs loss record under allen and what is are win and loss record under cerrto .. i think cerroto teams won more games

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
you alll are looking at it all wrong what is are win vs loss record under allen and what is are win and loss record under cerrto .. i think cerroto teams won more games

Are you saying this is a good thing??